Post a reply

Snooker statistics

Postby rekoons

Just a link to some more interesting snooker statistics here (not by me):

https://twitter.com/snookerbrain1/statu ... 29/photo/1

This one is fun: it looks like Ronnie shifted to another gear around the 5000 frames mark, veering away from the likes of Selby, Hendry & Higgins.
Trump & Robertson also seem to have this upward knick in their plot line, illustrating they're effectively improving or getting better over time at it as well...

Re: Snooker statistics

Postby McManusFan

This was another graph by the same guy:

It plots the number of configurations of a break, against it's points value. Comparing this to the number of breaks of a given point value that have actually happened would give an indication of how difficult it is to get to a certain point value.

Postby mick745

I like this sort of thing.

I guess it is theoretically possible to score a break of 15 in one shot by potting all the reds at once, however, whether it is actually possible in a physics sense is another debate.

Postby SnookerFan

mick745 wrote:I like this sort of thing.

I guess it is theoretically possible to score a break of 15 in one shot by potting all the reds at once, however, whether it is actually possible in a physics sense is another debate.

rofl

Imagine that.

Postby chengdufan

70 is a nice round number, but 68 is actually the golden score.

Postby Johnny Bravo

badtemperedcyril wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:This thread furthermore proves ROS is the GOAT :happy: :win: :happy:

Breaks aren’t everything, Juliet. Winning is.

Breaks are everything for me. Try to keep up granpa ;-)

Postby Holden Chinaski

badtemperedcyril wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:This thread furthermore proves ROS is the GOAT :happy: :win: :happy:

Breaks aren’t everything, Juliet. Winning is.

I do believe Ronnie has won some matches.

Postby Juddernaut88

Johnny Bravo could do it.

Postby SnookerArcher

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

And by some margin too. He is EXTRAORDINARY! Davis also in his day was miles above the rest.

There's only 6pockets so would be some feat, what's the maximum reds in one shot? I see 2 sometimes maybe 3, anyone seen more? If anyone can pot all in 1 shot I would give it to John Virgo as he's quite the trickshot maker.

Postby rekoons

I also stumbled across this song, which was completely unknown to me.
Couldn't help but think of Johnny Bravo :-)

Postby Johnny Bravo

Juddernaut88 wrote:

One handed

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerArcher wrote:

There's only 6pockets so would be some feat, what's the maximum reds in one shot? I see 2 sometimes maybe 3, anyone seen more? If anyone can pot all in 1 shot I would give it to John Virgo as he's quite the trickshot maker.

It is possible in a trickshot, you simply have to arrange the balls in a particular/specific manner/pattern.
But in a real game situation, not in a million years.

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:

One handed

Don't be so modest, you could do it no-handed.

Maybe with the cue in your mouth. Or even commanding the cue to levitate from the floor, and playing the shot itself. Such is the respect inanimate objects have for your authority.

Postby TheRocket

ROS always says that 2012 was his best performance at the WC but looking at the stats his scoring was actually the weakest that year compared to his other wins. Personally I always thought that 2012 is overrated and 2013 was much better. And the stats prove me right.

I still think 2022 was his best win though given the overall circumstances (performance+draw+equalling the record).

Postby HappyCamper

an infinite number of johnny bravos playing an infinite number of snooker shots in infinite time would eventually pot all fifteen reds in a single shot.

Postby Raiel

Johnny Bravo wrote:
SnookerArcher wrote:

It is possible in a trickshot, you simply have to arrange the balls in a particular/specific manner/pattern.

Do you what that particular/specific manner/pattern actually is?

I would love to see it and give it a try. :-)

Postby Johnny Bravo

Raiel wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
SnookerArcher wrote:

Do you what that particular/specific manner/pattern actually is?

I would love to see it and give it a try. :-)

Sorry, but I don't know. I've seen some exhibitions where they pot around 8 balls or more in one shot, so I assume it can also be done with more.

For example, they did it with around 30-40 balls in pool, so something similar can surely be done in snooker.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBGPPtAuNU4

I also found this simulation of how you can pot all the reds in snooker:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-7ePTxxnAs

Postby Raiel

Johnny Bravo wrote:Sorry, but I don't know. I've seen some exhibitions where they pot around 8 balls or more in one shot, so I assume it can also be done with more.

For example, they did it with around 30-40 balls in pool, so something similar can surely be done in snooker.

At first I thought potting 15 reds in one shot was physically impossible. But, after seeing those videos, I'm not so sure.

Now, I think it could be done. But the initial set-up would need to be absolutely perfect.

Thanks for the videos. :-)

Postby Johnny Bravo

Raiel wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:Sorry, but I don't know. I've seen some exhibitions where they pot around 8 balls or more in one shot, so I assume it can also be done with more.

At first I thought potting 15 reds in one shot was physically impossible. But, after seeing those videos, I'm not so sure.

Now, I think it could be done. But the initial set-up would need to be absolutely perfect.

Thanks for the videos. :-)

You're welcome.
And yes, the setup needs to be perfect.
I usually don't try/practice any trickshots, I just like to pot balls.
:happy: