Post a reply

Re: The Masters, Wembley

Postby Wildey

whats happening at goffs these days ?

Postby Casey

wildJONESEYE wrote:whats happening at goffs these days ?

Not a whole lot, Hearn was there a few months ago to look at the venue for the PTC grand final, although it will only allow for 1 table, two at a squeeze. <ok>

As Tubber said the Citywest is another possible.

Postby Wildey

1989 Final between Alex and Hendry was electric from what ive seen in clips but at that time i had to follow that with teletext Stephen Going 4-0 up Alex coming back to win Snooker needs to be brought back to ireland on a regular basis if theres ever going to be a invitational brought in to the tour they got to bring back the Irish Masters.

Postby Casey

Also I should add, I don't really get people suggesting the PTC grand final is a ranking event and the other are minors?

I can see the logic in calling them all minors but the grand final is different altogether. its like a different tour with many different players.

Consider that the Masters is always noted different than other non ranking events, so say Selby was to win the grand final....it would be a case of actually calling it that rather than fitting it into a bracket it doesn't belong to and cause confusion.

Postby SnookerFan

StalinESQ wrote:I feel the Masters lost something when it was no more the B&H Masters........... :ahh:

If we were in 606 I'd like to rate this thread appropriately. :redneck:

A big-arse trophy? <laugh>