Post a reply

Who is the best player to have not won triple crown event?

Barry Hawkins
No votes
Marco Fu
24%
James Wattana
24%
Steven Lee
29%
Ali Carter
No votes
Eddie Charlton
12%
Bill Webeniuk
No votes
Kirk Stevens
6%
Karen Wilson
No votes
Other
6%

Total votes : 17

Re: Best Player not to have won a TC

Postby shanew48

Iranu wrote:Is Jack better? Or does he just look better?

He has that much ability that it's almost like it comes too easy which then lends itself to maybe lapses of concentration.

I remember around 10 years ago when Jack (and Brecel) were very young there were markets on Betfair on weather they would win the world championship (When I saw the names I honestly had never heard of either of them and I did follow snooker at that time fairly closely) this was before many people had even heard of them but shows how prodigious they were considered when they first turned pro.

Postby badtemperedcyril

Two players I think deserved to be shortlisted, certainly ahead of Werbeniuk and Stevens would be Nigel Bond and Neal Foulds.

Bond, former World finalist, British Open, Scottish Masters and Shoot Out champion, with a high ranking of No5.

Foulds, former UK finalist, World semi-finalist, Masters semi-finalist x3, BCE International (ranking), Scottish Masters winner, with a high ranking of No3.

Postby shanew48

badtemperedcyril wrote:Two players I think deserved to be shortlisted, certainly ahead of Werbeniuk and Stevens would be Nigel Bond and Neal Foulds.

Bond, former World finalist, British Open, Scottish Masters and Shoot Out champion, with a high ranking of No5.

Foulds, former UK finalist, World semi-finalist, Masters semi-finalist x3, BCE International (ranking), Scottish Masters winner, with a high ranking of No3.

Surely peak Stevens is far better than peak Foulds or Bond? bearing in mind Stevens only lost out wainning the WC by the odd frame to Williams?

Ignore the above! lol I realise that you were referring to Kirk and not Matthew plus Stevens has of course won a TC!

Postby McManusFan

Just noticed it says Karen rather than Kyren. Bloody autocorrect, that's the last time I make a new thread on me phone.

Looks like it's between Wattana and Lee at the minute. What are people basing this on?

Postby The_Abbott

Pink Ball wrote:What bucking idiots voted for Wattana over Lee? Lee won more than he did, despite his peak coinciding with snooker’s toughest era, and his career being cut short by him being as stupid as he is fat.

I'm a bucking idiot.

Postby orky

Interesting question this, it really is subjective even if you try and look at it objectively. I would probably say Lee but where Carter would have an advantage over him is the two world finals, arguably against the best ever so I would probably say it's between these two. As for Eddie Charlton, it's quite unfair to compare different eras especially from a standard point of view. His achievements as someone has listed is impressive but standard wise he wouldn't live with some of the others mentioned. I'd probably go Lee, Carter and maybe Hawkins but the latter has spent the majority of the first part of his career as a journeyman which would work against him.

Postby orky

As for Kyren Wilson, when all is said and done at the end of their careers if he doesn't win a major, he would probably be top of the list.