Post a reply

Re: Members High Break Scoreboard

Postby Sickpotter

147 practice - Missed 3 in one week clearing up the colors. Missed one on green, one on blue and one where I got a horrendous kick on the pink having been dead straight....cue ball stopped dead on the pink spot forcing me to play the double which jawed. :wild2:

Shockingly that week was what pushed me over the edge and I took an extended break of about a decade :roll1:

144 in a match

Postby Wildey

6) JohnFromLondonTown 65

hes had more than that suerly ?????

Postby Eirebilly

I have forgotton to update but i now have a high break of 53 in a match. The most luckiest break i have ever made but i will take it :innocent:

Postby Sickpotter

Yes Sonny, it's was against a friend but nothing on the line.

I did have a ton on one of the missed ones but that's only applies some pressure up til the 10th black ;)

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

sickpotter wrote:Yes Sonny, it's was against a friend but nothing on the line.

I did have a ton on one of the missed ones but that's only applies some pressure up til the 10th black ;)

Your hitting them sickpotter which is the main thing. Go well.
I'm only back playing, but I'm starting to feel good again. Keep posting your results, its always good to feel in touch. <ok>

Postby Eirebilly

sickpotter wrote:147 practice - Missed 3 in one week clearing up the colors. Missed one on green, one on blue and one where I got a horrendous kick on the pink having been dead straight....cue ball stopped dead on the pink spot forcing me to play the double which jawed. :wild2:

Shockingly that week was what pushed me over the edge and I took an extended break of about a decade :roll1:

144 in a match

How the hell can you hold your composure to make such breaks??? I start pooing myslef once i get a break over 30 rofl

Postby Monique

Well my HB is 25, so if you take things alphabetically I'm squeezed between Wild and Seifer ... :scared: now which one should I present with my back (side) ... eeerhhh ?

Postby Lucky

Monique wrote:Well my HB is 25, so if you take things alphabetically I'm squeezed between Wild and Seifer ... :scared: now which one should I present with my back (side) ... eeerhhh ?

:scared: ooohhhhh..........what a predicament, I'd personally have my back to Seif to get away from the :seif:

Postby gallantrabbit

Well my highest is 134 but my only total clearance was a 132.
In a pro am I've had a few tons, the highest was 110. The break I'm most proud of though was an 82 in a one frame league match, the reason being that it was done on a notoriously nasty tight table.
All were quite a few years ago though :huh2:

gallantrabbit wrote:Well my highest is 134 but my only total clearance was a 132.
In a pro am I've had a few tons, the highest was 110. The break I'm most proud of though was an 82 in a one frame league match, the reason being that it was done on a notoriously nasty tight table.
All were quite a few years ago though :huh2:

Your 134 gallant, was it a 14 red clearence then? Good positional break if it was. <ok>
Just thinking about it now, I suppose it'd have to be. <laugh>

Postby gallantrabbit

It was John yes, but I only realized when I'd potted the black, looked at the scoreboard and saw my oppo had 1! I don't have a photographic memory like you mate, you remember details of line ups. If I get over 50 in a line up I lose count!! I must be a <doh> chump I s'pose!!

Postby Eirebilly

gallantrabbit wrote:It was John yes, but I only realized when I'd potted the black, looked at the scoreboard and saw my oppo had 1! I don't have a photographic memory like you mate, you remember details of line ups. If I get over 50 in a line up I lose count!! I must be a <doh> chump I s'pose!!

Thats damn impressive Gallant, i was dead chuffed to get a break over 50 in a comp and have still only done it once :ahh:

Postby Maui

Hi all, first time poster here. Liking the site and some interesting topics in the forums. Scanning through this thread, it looks like there's quite a few decent players here too.

I've hit 2 centuries, both in last couple of years. The first was a 100 clearance, only realised it was on when I was on 49 with 3 reds left. I must admit I was a tad nervous playing the black on 93, but luckily it dropped in & I was over the moon!

The second was quite a strange one to be honest. It came off my first shot of the night, after I'd been out for a few beers & I was using my dads cue as I didn't have my own to hand. I potted a long red from baulk after my brothers break-off shot, then proceeded to hit 14 reds & 14 colours for a 101. It was a tad annoying, as I had to leave myself a double on the 15th red, which rattled in the jaws of the middle pocket. The white was perfectly set for the pink & all the colour were on their spots, so could have potentially been a total clearance!

Still waiting to hit one in a league match though.

Postby Roland

Welcome Maui - congratulations on your century after beers and with your dads cue, that's some achievement! I'm guessing you must have hit that beer peak which lasts for a pint where you play better than ever, before the over confidence and double vision starts to kick in :redneck:

Anyway, you're in 3rd place now although John FLT is a false break, he's only counting those in matches since his return.

Postby Maui

Haha Sonny, I think you may be right there! I was pretty average for the rest of the night if memory serves me correct. I even tried using my dads cue a few more times after that night, but to no avail lol. 
I'm happy to be as high as 3rd in the list, although there's  a few in the late 90's so I'm sure I'll be overtaken soon.
I've been playing quite well lately & in the last two weeks I've hit a few 70's, 80's & a 90, so am hoping another ton may be on the cards. I'll keep you posted if I get one. 

Postby renniwevarb

My breakthrough of 62 was around 9 months back, with 6 blacks and 2 pinks.
Tried to break the pack with the last pink, potted but missed the pack and ran out of position and missed a long red. Could have gone for the open red, but tried too hard for the pack break...

Still it was the 1st half century for me and I was elated! Can still remember the feeling, afterwhich I couldn't even pot a ball as I couldn't contain my adrenalin! (sorry if I sound really amateurish, but I truly was trembling with joy after that and couldn't play!)

The closest after this break was a 45, I've came no where close then... I can't say I'm a consistent player as I can't even manage to string a 20 sometimes, but at times the 20s and 30s will come. Am in the process of overhauling my cueing (timing and delivery), so I need to persevere with the slow back swing, rear pause and clean delivery as I believe it will do me good in the long run.

Coupled with the fact that I play like only around 2 times a week, I have little time to work on my basics, so even more important to get my cue delivery right.

renniwevarb wrote:My breakthrough of 62 was around 9 months back, with 6 blacks and 2 pinks.
Tried to break the pack with the last pink, potted but missed the pack and ran out of position and missed a long red. Could have gone for the open red, but tried too hard for the pack break...

Still it was the 1st half century for me and I was elated! Can still remember the feeling, afterwhich I couldn't even pot a ball as I couldn't contain my adrenalin! (sorry if I sound really amateurish, but I truly was trembling with joy after that and couldn't play!)

The closest after this break was a 45, I've came no where close then... I can't say I'm a consistent player as I can't even manage to string a 20 sometimes, but at times the 20s and 30s will come. Am in the process of overhauling my cueing (timing and delivery), so I need to persevere with the slow back swing, rear pause and clean delivery as I believe it will do me good in the long run.

Coupled with the fact that I play like only around 2 times a week, I have little time to work on my basics, so even more important to get my cue delivery right.

Lovely tale renniwevarb, comes across so well. Thanks for sharing. Always interesting to read something like this, where, because you've put your experience of your 62 high break so well, straight away you've concentrated on your self doubt after even though you've achieved something very good. Use, as you called it, your adrenalin to inspire yourself & next time your under pressure, remember how this 62 break made you feel after. Its called the winning feeling.

Keep hitting them. <ok>

Postby randam05

76 in my local league in a match..other than that only a couple of 40's and 50's and regular 30 breaks. I have a table at home so no excuses not to break 100 in a few years i hope.

Postby markj147

I have only just started to practice snooker for the new season last week so I shall see how that goes....... Suffered from an inability to let go of the cue on the pause which pretty much destroyed my condifence and my ability, a few years ago.

74 is the last best break that I had in a league match last season. I tend to live in the now with breaks as past exploits and my current ability are at both sides of the spectrum. :s

Postby Roland

Nice story renniwevarb, it brought back the feeling of being on your highest break. It is weird when you beat your previous best by a big margin like over 10 points, I've done it a couple of times and once you get past the magic number you relax a bit. That's why I know when I do eventually get a century break I'll carry on potting balls so my first proper century could be over 130 for all I know. I've broken down so many times in the 80's and 90's just because of that mental barrier. And every time I've beaten my best break I couldn't sleep that night as I'm replaying the whole thing over and over in head.

It sounds like you're on the right path and if you're a brave winner and you keep practicing then you'll get a century break.

I'm still actually pretty stunned that so far I've not managed to get one because I've beaten heavily many a century break maker in my time. I know how to play the game of snooker though which is what stands me in good stead, it's more than just breaks. I know my positional play lets me down at times though hence I guess no centuries.

Right, this thread - rather than keep having to update the first post, I'll get the information from the members list (as you can see there is a Highest Break section of your profile). Some liars will be found out :redneck: