Post a reply

Re: the ZHANGER season 2010/2011

Postby The Cueist

StalinESQ wrote:
Noel wrote:Must you really call Anda Zhang "ZangER"?

=o(

Noel

What's next "DingER" ?

Please NoooAll - if you are to quote me please do so accurately....... its Zhanger, and will remain so throughout the rest of his career and life. <ok>

I hope this helps. :wave:

NoooAll rofl rofl

Tipping my rubbish out to him as he talks utter rubbish.

Are you smoking copious amounts of weed NoooAll? :seif: :seif: :bs: :john:

Postby Noel

renniwevarb wrote:Normally when the Chinese call someone with the additional "er" to their name, it means that someone is either a child or very dear to them (sweetheart, wife). "Er" in chinese actually means "child" by the way.

Excellent point!
About naming... who came up with the stupid rhyming call names for the players?
Who could possibly take someone called "Jester from Leicester" seriously?!?
"The Rocket" isn't bad... but why are so many so juvenile and pussified
like "El Capitano" or "The Sheriff of Pottingham".
Come on! Really people... let's get some honesty and drama into it....like, "The Weasel from Wishaw"...
in UFC they call people like Liddell "The Iceman", or Wanderlei Silva "The Axe Murderer"...
And what's in a name you may wonder... think who won the WC... not a "Pocket Dynamo"...
it was a bloody "Thunder from Down Under"!!!
Now some misguided people want to stick a gay baby name on Anda Zhang... "Zhanger".
He's young and vulnerable enough, don't you think?
He needs a call name to strike fear into the hearts of his adversaries.
Let's change his name and change the psychological effect he creates shall we....
from "Oh ya, I'm playing that little "Zhanger" kid. I'll make him suck on my pacifier alright!" to...
"OMG I drew him... he's going to rip my throat out!!!"

May I suggest...

=o)

Noel

Postby Smart

Noel wrote:
renniwevarb wrote:Normally when the Chinese call someone with the additional "er" to their name, it means that someone is either a child or very dear to them (sweetheart, wife). "Er" in chinese actually means "child" by the way.

Excellent point!
Come on! Really people... let's get some honesty and drama into it....like, "The Weasel from Wishaw"...
in UFC they call people like Liddell "The Iceman", or Wanderlei Silva "The Axe Murderer"...
And what's in a name you may wonder... think who won the WC... not a "Pocket Dynamo"...
Now some misguided people want to stick a gay baby name on Anda Zhang... "Zhanger".
Let's change his name and change the psychological effect he creates shall we....
from "Oh ya, I'm playing that little "Zhanger" kid. I'll make him suck on my pacifier alright!" to...

May I suggest...

=o)

Noel

Zhanger is a cool name - so stop your pussified complaining :wave:

Zhanger <cool> :D

:shake: :sylvester: :wave:

Postby Monique

It's the old Crucible carpet Noel smokes. Nothing beats that. But nothing is as efficient when it comes to expose subliminal truth. ;)

Postby jafinkesaurus

StalinESQ wrote:
Noel wrote:

Excellent point!

May I suggest...

=o)

Noel

Zhanger is a cool name - so stop your pussified complaining :wave:

Zhanger <cool> :D

:shake: :sylvester: :wave:

no its not.

Postby Smart

............and so the season moves along to Sheffield and qualifying for the World Open (formerly the Grand Prix).

The Match: Zhanger vs Sam Baird

The Venue: Snooker Academy, Sheffield (EIS)

Time: 6pm

The Prize: 2nd round match vs Jamie Jones (who beat Tony Knowles 3-0)

Info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Baird

<ok>

Postby Wildey

not having a great season so far with rookies overtaking him left right and centre while he languishing down the rankings at about 80.

he needs to get it together soon.

Postby GJ

StalinESQ wrote:Zhanger the banker lost 3-2 to Baird. :grrr:

<laugh>

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:He's only had 3 PTC events to go at. Give him a chance.

ohhh christ yes understood that stil very early but what i feel about PTC had he started well the pressure would have been less for him to go forward for the rest of the season.

Pinches lost today but hes made enough for it to not hurt him that much where as Zhang will be under pressure the next match he plays against Marco Fu in EPTC1 on saturday.

Postby GJ

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Sonny wrote:He's only had 3 PTC events to go at. Give him a chance.

ohhh christ yes understood that stil very early but what i feel about PTC had he started well the pressure would have been less for him to go forward for the rest of the season.

Pinches lost today but hes made enough for it to not hurt him that much where as Zhang will be under pressure the next match he plays against Marco Fu in EPTC1 on saturday.

i agree for lower level players the PTC is vital

<ok>

for others like say 2010 WC

its not as important :ahh: :bowdown:

Postby Wildey

if Robbo loses first match in shanghai he will be under pressure just think how nice 3,000 or 4,000 points would be for him then.

Postby GJ

wildJONESEYE wrote:if Robbo loses first match in shanghai he will be under pressure just think how nice 3,000 or 4,000 points would be for him then.

:chin:

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:not having a great season so far with rookies overtaking him left right and centre while he languishing down the rankings at about 80.

he won 3 matches in Shanghai qualifying .................is that really bad................. :chin:

get real, anyone can lose a best of 5 marmite format match ......................... Zhanger will do well this year in proper (non PTC) snooker <ok>

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:not having a great season so far with rookies overtaking him left right and centre while he languishing down the rankings at about 80.

he won 3 matches in Shanghai qualifying .................is that really bad................. :chin:

get real, anyone can lose a best of 5 marmite format match ......................... Zhanger will do well this year in proper (non PTC) snooker <ok>

he is still going backwards and agree anyone can lose a best of 5 but it got to be said from 2-0 up that takes the biscuit . <ok>

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:
he is still going backwards and agree anyone can lose a best of 5 but it got to be said from 2-0 up that takes the biscuit . <ok>

for those that look at the rankings each day, and froth at the mouth at the prospect of the PTC, he may of done............... but that is being over-analytical.

for those that have seen him play (more than once), who know he has won 3 matches in qualifying at Shanghai, who know what a lottery best of 9 snooker is - let alone best of 5................... no problemo.

Zhanger is gaining experience and will deliver some great results this season. This season is about moving from lower ranking to mid rankings (and above all learning from his experiences), but he might surprise us all with a very decent run in one of the big 2 tournies. <ok>

Postby Wildey

yes if he goes in to the UK and blows them away however if he don't hes on a 1 way ticket back to amataurville and then the PTC will be his only chance at pro snooker.

you can say what you like about the PTC however that will kill or cure many a player over the next few years.

Postby Smart

http://www.worldsnooker.com/site_files/ ... 20Draw.pdf

Next major tournament for the man called Zhanger is of course the UK in Telford, but before we get ahead of ourselves there is the small matter of qualification.

Zhanger starts off his campaign against Jack Lisowski, and then in Round 2 a match with Selty, he then will face the Spaceman in Round 3, with a final qualification match against Andrew Higginson.

Not an easy route by any means, but by the same token, not impossible. <ok>

come on ZHANGER !!!!! :D <cool> :ahh:

Postby Wildey

that is a very tough route but its over 17 frames and he has proven himself over longer matches.

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:that is a very tough route but its over 17 frames and he has proven himself over longer matches.

yes Zhanger has pedigree that is to be sure, I feel this will be Zhanger's best tournie this season other than the Worlds - he likes to get his teeth into a match.......... <ok>

Zhanger :D <cool> :ahh:

Postby randam05

SnookerFan wrote:Feck sake, you can't go anywhere on this forum without hearing about intercoursing Zhanger. We are turning into the Zhanger forum. <doh>

I dont see the big deal? hes just one of these chinese youngsters that comes into a tournament not expecting much so does well, then expects more and wont do little else ever again..

Everyone will shout and disagree, but we have seen so many similar over the years, maybe in 5-10 years we will see more i dont know. But I dont think chinese players will become big names for a long time if ever.

Postby Smart

randam05 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Feck sake, you can't go anywhere on this forum without hearing about intercoursing Zhanger. We are turning into the Zhanger forum. <doh>

I dont see the big deal? hes just one of these chinese youngsters that comes into a tournament not expecting much so does well, then expects more and wont do little else ever again..

Everyone will shout and disagree, but we have seen so many similar over the years, maybe in 5-10 years we will see more i dont know. But I dont think chinese players will become big names for a long time if ever.

S/fan & Randam - Zhanger-haters <ok>