Post a reply

Re: the ZHANGER season 2010/2011

Postby Smart

Noel wrote:Must you really call Anda Zhang "ZangER"?

=o(

Noel

What's next "DingER" ?

Please NoooAll - if you are to quote me please do so accurately....... its Zhanger, and will remain so throughout the rest of his career and life. <ok>

I hope this helps. :wave:

Postby Smart

Back on topic.

Zhanger goes marching on with another victory, over another journeyman (Stuart Pettman). <ok>

Stuart Pettman 3-5 Anda Zhang
71-59(58), 0-103(55), 59-68, 0-70, 56-60, 85(72)-0, 58-40, 45-65

Next up its ..............................

Postby Smart

Can't hide my dissapointment that Zhanger lost to Stevens, but he won 3 matches and that is a credit and a decent start to the season.

Next up we move to the World Open (formerly the Grand Prix) to be held in Glasgow.......

and then....

which could be either....

and hopefully a meeting next with...........

Good luck Zhanger. <ok>

Postby GJ

stevens :afro:

mighty mouse :wave: <laugh>

Postby Tubberlad

GJtheaussiestud wrote:stevens :afro:

What your hopes for Stevens this year GJ? I can't say I have any lol. Whyyyyy did he have to lose to a qualifier in 2005? Why did it have to be Murphy <doh>

Postby GJ

thetubberlad wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:stevens :afro:

What your hopes for Stevens this year GJ? I can't say I have any lol. Whyyyyy did he have to lose to a qualifier in 2005? Why did it have to be Murphy <doh>

1 match at a time tubbs :afro:

hopefully he can build his confidence :D

Postby Monique

StalinESQ wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

hopefully he can build his confidence :D

If not, there will always be red wine <ok>

or white

Postby Wildey

Zhanger got a good World Open draw

Sam Baird>Jamie Jones or Old Timer>Mark Davis

thats not bad at all and the type of draw he has to Beat... if hes going to make progress in this sport.

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:Zhanger got a good World Open draw

Sam Baird>Jamie Jones or Old Timer>Mark Davis

thats not bad at all and the type of draw he has to Beat... if hes going to make progress in this sport.

I'm inclined to agree with you there. <ok>

:shake: :sylvester: :wave:

Postby Wildey

and he has a potential confident booster this Saturday .....if he beats Selby first off in the PTC 9am

Postby renniwevarb

Well I can't stop anyone from wanting to call any other some one by some name ;)

But just for some info from a chinese perspective (I'm a Singaporean Chinese by the way):

1) Normally when the Chinese call someone with the additional "er" to their name, it means that someone is either a child or very dear to them (sweetheart, wife). "Er" in chinese actually means "child" by the way.

2) When we add "er" we add it to the given name and not the family name/surname. Zhang Anda - "Zhang" is the family name/surname (or last name to the Westerners), and "An" and "Da" are the given names.

3) So if you want to address him in the Chinese way, it should be "An-er" or "Da-er" (More appropriately "Da-er", as it is the last word to the chinese name), never "Zhang-er" <ok>

BUT well... you need not be right on this island... you just need snooker :john:

*NOTE* - An interesting result if you apply this to the western name...

Mark = Mark-er rofl ... Any other interesting name you can think of?

Postby Smart

Renni - an interesting and "on-topic" post <ok>

I'm happy with calling him Zhanger and as I have a great deal of enthusiasm for his play and (hopefully) his growing stature (no pun on his small size) in the game, this is how I will continue. However your comments are noted.

Zhanger :ahh: :D <cool>

BTW we have a Chinese shar-pei as one of our family pets, her name is Coco-er. <laugh>

Postby Steve K

I was impressed with Zhanger's performance against Hendry in the WC, it shows he has alot of nerves and can take to the big stage. Hope to see more from him in the months to come :D