Post a reply

Re: Ronnie O'Sullivan vs Tian Pengfei

Postby Wildey

Stephen Hendry best performance bar none of this Decade came in a final a few years back round about 2003.. one chance snooker at his best he was playing Ronnie and he lost 9-6.

that was the closest ive seen Hendry play from the all dominating player of the 90s and he lost....not because Ronnie played better than him just that someone had to win that day and Ronnie had 9 chances to Hendrys 6 it really was that simple that day.

Postby Casey

thetubberlad wrote:Wrong. I've seen O'Sullivan lose in very good form to:

Stephen Hendry (1999 and 2002 World Semi-finals)
John Higgins (Masters final 2006)
Paul Hunter (Masters final 2004) this would be the best example
Stephen Maguire (UK Second round 2004)
Ricky Walden (Shanghai Masters final 2008)
Ding Junhui (Northern Ireland Trophy 2006)
David Gray (World Championship first round 2000) great example

Stephen Hendry 2002 (world championship SF)
Mark Allen 2009 (World championship 2nd round)
Mark Selby 2010 (Masters final)

Postby Wildey

the problem is case in some peoples minds when ronnie loses its his fault and when he wins its never the fact the other player was crap <doh>

Postby N_Castle07

wildJONESEYE wrote:the problem is case in some peoples minds when ronnie loses its his fault and when he wins its never the fact the other player was crap <doh>

Yes its been this way for years and frankly is snake hiss's me off big time.
Last edited by N_Castle07 on 29 Jul 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Noel

wildJONESEYE wrote:absalutly bullocks noal Ronnie can be beaten when on form ive bucking seen it so dont give me that bucking rubbish it means buck all only biased Rubish.

Thanks for that.

Class...
Wild has just colourfully demonstrated Newton's 3rd Law.

"For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction"

[ you can get off the table and sit down now ]

=o)
Noal

Postby Wildey

You can paint it anyway you like but theres no disguising talking crap <ok>

Ronnie like everyone else loses when playing brilliant but facts gets in away of peoples beliefs and just like n castle it pisses me right off.

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:You can paint it anyway you like but theres no disguising talking crap <ok>

Ronnie like everyone else loses when playing brilliant but facts gets in away of peoples beliefs and just like n castle it pisses me right off.

:right: :squirrel: :left:

Postby Tubberlad

Noel wrote:... do not miss what is great and amazing and fleeting and you may never know again.

He's my second favourite player, and no, Hendry is not my favourite :)
Ronnie at this absolute best: unbeatable
Ronnie playing well and focused: not unbeatable, just very hard to beat. The best examples being the 2004 Masters final when he played extremely well against Paul Hunter, and the first rounf of the 2000 World Championship when he knocked in five centuries against David Gray.

But Rocket, I had to smile at your comment about John Higgins and the 2005 Grand Prix final. Higgins was fantastic, but O'Sullivan had been in poor form all tournament and didn't play well. Not that it takes away from Higgins, it was some of the best snooker I've seen. But you also said Higgins at his all time best would beat O'Sullivan at his all time best. This is way off the mark. John Higgins is not in the same league as Ronnie O'Sullivan. Only Hendry is better, and it's a big drop to third (Higgins or Davis).

Postby Tubberlad

paperbackwriter wrote:But you can also say that Martin Gould at his absolute best is unbeatable, there's nothing special about it, many good players have moments like this.

We saw Gould at his absolute best against Neil Robertson. He lost.

Postby Smart

thetubberlad wrote:
paperbackwriter wrote:But you can also say that Martin Gould at his absolute best is unbeatable, there's nothing special about it, many good players have moments like this.

only just and someone was taking the snake hiss with their "comfort breaks" :john:

Postby Wildey

thetubberlad wrote:

every player has played at his absolute best and lost Ronnie included more than once,

Postby Smart

Just gonna state the obvious BUT I will anyway:

It must hurt so much more to lose when in-form than when completely out of nick.......... and that is where having a decent draw can have an effect. You can have a decent draw and when not in great form you can scrape a win and in so doing accumulate some table time and address the form issue......bit like a batsman in cricket playing a long innings and getting himself back hitting the ball sweet after having no timing whatsoever. <ok>