Post a reply

Re: Interesting theory

Postby Iranu

I doubt the people who nominate give enough of a rubbish about snooker to know much about Ronnie’s antics. If they did, MJW would have been nominated in 2018. Ronnie only got in last year because so many sports were on hold.

Postby shanew48

Someone should tell him that Federer would never disrespect his fellow professionals, he may not do it if he knows that is hero wouldn't do it

Postby shanew48

As praising "John" every 3 minutes even if he isn't involved in the match or subject they are discussing has almost brainwashed him into believing John's super human powers which has then transferred to the performances when they play?

Postby SnookerFan

shanew48 wrote:King feels that it is Ronnie's habit of disrespecting his fellow professionals is maybe why he hadn't been nominated and has never won SPOTY?

Watch from 41 minutes to 48 mins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s_ZN7G ... llsPodcast

That's a stupid theory, and he's a idiot if he thinks it.

The SPOTY is the BBC Sport's Annual Christmas Party, nothing more than that. It just gives awards to it's favourite sports personalities. Nothing more than that.

Snooker won't win, because the BBC don't care enough. It really is that simple.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Mate, Ronnie’s won 20 Triple Crown titles. I very much doubt he gives a rubbish about head to head records or anything like that. He thinks Higgins is a great player, which he is, so he praises him.

Postby shanew48

Holden Chinaski wrote:Mate, Ronnie’s won 20 Triple Crown titles. I very much doubt he gives a rubbish about head to head records or anything like that. He thinks Higgins is a great player, which he is, so he praises him.

I think the top players care more about H2H records more than you would think

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:Mate, Ronnie’s won 20 Triple Crown titles. I very much doubt he gives a rubbish about head to head records or anything like that. He thinks Higgins is a great player, which he is, so he praises him.

He should stop praising him so much though. MJW has the same problem with Ronnie.

Postby Holden Chinaski

shanew48 wrote:

I think the top players care more about H2H records more than you would think

I think they care about titles. Triple Crown titles.

Postby shanew48

Iranu wrote:

He should stop praising him so much though. MJW has the same problem with Ronnie.

Hendry has the same problem with Ronnie when it comes to sycophantic rhetoric also.

Postby Holden Chinaski

shanew48 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Hendry has the same problem with Ronnie when it comes to sycophantic rhetoric also.

Hendry and Ronnie both have no problems. No professional problems, I mean. They are both extremely succesful legends. They have both achieved more than they could have ever dreamed of. Thats why they have no issue with praising others.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Holden Chinaski wrote:Hendry and Ronnie both have no problems. No professional problems, I mean. They are both extremely succesful legends. They have both achieved more than they could have ever dreamed of. Thats why they have no issue with praising others.

Neither achieved as much as they would have liked.
Both would have wanted to have like 10 WC and 50+ rankers.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Hendry and Ronnie both have no problems. No professional problems, I mean. They are both extremely succesful legends. They have both achieved more than they could have ever dreamed of. Thats why they have no issue with praising others.

You are insane.

Postby TheRocket

Johnny Bravo wrote:

I agree. Hendry should have won a 8th World title. Shouldnt have lost the match to Ebdon in 2002. As for Ron 6 World titles is just not enough for a player of his calibre.

Postby Iranu

Johnny Bravo wrote:

No player achieves as much as he’d like. Except maybe Joe Davis :shrug:

Postby Holden Chinaski

TheRocket wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

I agree. Hendry should have won a 8th World title. Shouldnt have lost the match to Ebdon in 2002. As for Ron 6 World titles is just not enough for a player of his calibre.

That's you speaking as a fan. I really think both Hendry and Ronnie are more than happy with what they have won. I think 6 World titles and 20 triple Crowns is an unbelievable achievement when you consider the competition Ronnie had. Both Ronnie and Hendry have achieved enough. They are legends and will always be in the GOAT discussion.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

You are insane.

No, I'm just stating the truth.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Holden Chinaski wrote:That's you speaking as a fan. I really think both Hendry and Ronnie are more than happy with what they have won. I think 6 World titles and 20 triple Crowns is an unbelievable achievement when you consider the competition Ronnie had. Both Ronnie and Hendry have achieved enough. They are legends and will always be in the GOAT discussion.

No, they are not.

As TR said, Hendry should have beat Ebdon and now he'd be on 8. Before his semifinal with Ronnie in the 2008 WC, Hendry said that he wants a WC more than ever, that he'd give his other 7 for a new one.

As for ROS, he should have won more WC's in 2005, 2006, and 2014. So that would put him on 9 WC.
He also should have 4 more Masters, meaning the close finals he lost in 97, 2004, 2006 and 2010. So that would put him on 11 Masters titles.
And he should have around 50 rankers.

Postby Iranu

Plenty of players ‘should’ be on more. But then the players who they then beat to achieve that ‘should have’ been on more by the time they finished.

No player will finish completely happy with what they’ve won.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Hendry and Ronnie both seem very happy with what they have achieved. And they should be.

Postby TheRocket

Hendry and Ron both have had a great career, I think everyone would agree with that. But if you're a proud and successful sportsman you always ask yourself if you could have done even more.

Sorry to bring up Tennis but its a good example. Pete Sampras won 14 Grand Slam titles which is great but never won the French Open. When they asked him in an interview a few years ago he said, he should have tried a bigger raquet maybe and do something differently. But he didnt.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ok, Sampras didn't win the French Open. Hendry and Ronnie won everything. Over and over again.

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:Ok, Sampras didn't win the French Open. Hendry and Ronnie won everything. Over and over again.

They’ve never won Gibraltar.

Postby mick745

Once Hendry's records started to be usurped he probably wished they had been harder to reach.

And there are finals they probably look back on and feel they should have won them, Hendry 2002 world final and masters final v williams. Ronnie also lost some close masters finals in particular.

Postby TheRocket

Holden Chinaski wrote:Ok, Sampras didn't win the French Open. Hendry and Ronnie won everything. Over and over again.

yes but that little bit extra might be the difference between 6 World titles or 7 and 8. Its very slim margins which can make a huge difference.

Postby Johnny Bravo

TheRocket wrote:

yes but that little bit extra might be the difference between 6 World titles or 7 and 8. Its very slim margins which can make a huge difference.

:hatoff: :spot on: