Post a reply

Who is the next player to win their first world title?

Postby mick745

Who is the most likely player to win the world title for the first time?

Are the young guns finally breaking through?

We also still have not had a world champion born after 1990.

Personally i think Kyren Wilson has the game most suited to the long match format and he's come close with experience in the one table set up.

Obviously there are other candidates Mark Allen has the talent but i think his off the table distractions will prove his undoing.

Jack Lisowski is probably the only other top player with a chance but i dont think his game is suited to longer matches as his concentration seems to go missing at times.

So maybe one of the young guns? Hossein Vafaei has beaten plenty of top players in his career so far, and an Iranian winner would certainly be a great story and promotion for the sport.

As would a continental player if Brecel could do it.

I also think Bingtao is more likely than Xintong as his tactically game is better.

For years i would have probably have answered "Ding" to this question but i dont think it'll happen now.

Re: Who is the next player to win their first world title?

Postby mick745

chengdufan wrote:Pang Junxu

Interesting that you feel he'll be the first Chinese world champion, he has not been on people's radar yet but you think he's more likely to do it ahead of Yan Bingtao, Zhao Xintong and Zhou Yuelong (and Ding).

Postby rekoons

Reason I put Wilson and Bingtao forward is they have already showed to have have safety and tactical knowhow to compete at the top, and they can score heavily consistently (like anyone in top 16 or 32 really).

But to win the worlds you’re very likely gonna have to pass someone like selby, higgins or just have a more tactical match with more safety. On a good day Zhao pots them all and there is no safe spot on the table. A bit like Judd, he too had to develop some tactics and hone his safety skills to win the worlds, that was probably the only thing lacking.

If zhao adds this to his skills he will be an overall beast.

Postby chengdufan

mick745 wrote:
chengdufan wrote:Pang Junxu

Interesting that you feel he'll be the first Chinese world champion, he has not been on people's radar yet but you think he's more likely to do it ahead of Yan Bingtao, Zhao Xintong and Zhou Yuelong (and Ding).

He's less likely to be the first to do it than the three listed, but he's worthy of being in the conversation and certainly has a chance.
He is not too dissimilar to Yan in playing style, but he's a little more fluent. He has one of the best tactical games, if not the best, of all the players coming through and can pot from anywhere. If he can tighten up his cueball control, and I think he will, we'll see him move up the rankings quite quickly.

Postby Johnny Bravo

mick745 wrote:Who is the most likely player to win the world title for the first time?

Are the young guns finally breaking through?

We also still have not had a world champion born after 1990.

Personally i think Kyren Wilson has the game most suited to the long match format and he's come close with experience in the one table set up.

Obviously there are other candidates Mark Allen has the talent but i think his off the table distractions will prove his undoing.

Jack Lisowski is probably the only other top player with a chance but i dont think his game is suited to longer matches as his concentration seems to go missing at times.

So maybe one of the young guns? Hossein Vafaei has beaten plenty of top players in his career so far, and an Iranian winner would certainly be a great story and promotion for the sport.

As would a continental player if Brecel could do it.

I also think Bingtao is more likely than Xintong as his tactically game is better.

For years i would have probably have answered "Ding" to this question but i dont think it'll happen now.

:goodpost:

Postby chengdufan

Johnny Bravo wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I don't see it being Lisowski, somehow.

But The Crucible is actually quite hard to predict.

STFU ROS hater. Go away, fake king of posts >-( :irk:

You all right, JB?

Postby Johnny Bravo

chengdufan wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

You all right, JB?

No. For a while now, SnookerFan has rooted against ROS. He's shown his true color. >-(

Postby Iranu

Johnny Bravo wrote:
chengdufan wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

You all right, JB?

No. For a while now, SnookerFan has rooted against ROS. He's shown his true color. >-(

People are allowed to not like players.

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:
chengdufan wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

You all right, JB?

I've not been a Ronnie supporter the entire time that I've posted on this forum. Which is a week away from being 12 years now.

The fact that you've suddenly got a problem with it now doesn't bother anybody as much as you think it does.

Postby Juddernaut88

Johnny calm down. Several posters on here don't like Judd Trump and I don't constantly attack them. In fact there are several users on here that don't like him and I get on very well with them. I also don't like Ronnie but there are still a lot of Ronnie fans on here that get on well with me and have no issues with that.

Postby TheRocket

Reg Varney wrote:
TheRocket wrote:could be anyone from a journeyman to a youngster.

Wilson or Yan is my prediction though.

It'll probably be some journeyman like Barry Hawkins.

I might be wrong but Hawkins for me doesnt look like the player he was a few years ago. Too many off days and bottle jobs in recent years.

Postby The_Abbott

TheRocket wrote:
Reg Varney wrote:
TheRocket wrote:could be anyone from a journeyman to a youngster.

Wilson or Yan is my prediction though.

It'll probably be some journeyman like Barry Hawkins.

I might be wrong but Hawkins for me doesnt look like the player he was a few years ago. Too many off days and bottle jobs in recent years.

Bazza works in bars?