Post a reply

Mark Allen 1/2 million tax bill.

Postby RunningSide

Hard to have sympathy, get feeling he likes the riches of the sport but not paying his dues.his the thinking if he not playing and earning this bill will disappear.

Re: Mark Allen 1/2 million tax bill.

Postby Prop

Has he been using a dodgy accountant or something?! Holy smokes.

Bit of a recurring theme amongst top sports stars. Earning buckets and then finding themselves in the rubbish.

Postby SnookerFan

I often find myself fidgeting, playing online, watching videos etc with matches.

Especially if I've been watching a lot of snooker and am snookered out for the final.

This match has been a lot more gripping. Had some music on for a few frames in the first session. But this evening has been great.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:rofl

I've made about four UK Championships Fonal posts in here.

You’re a maverick, SF but - by God - you get results <ok>

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

vodkadiet1 wrote:I would love to pay Allen's tax bill. Please give me his number and I will call him.

Get a Just Giving page set up and we can all pitch in.

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/news/bankrupt-star-mark-allen-snookered-by-570k-tax-bill-41118495.html

Behind a pay wall, so can't see full details.

Seems like some sub optimal financial management.

Links are always good when citing sources. <ok>

"Bankrupt snooker star Mark Allen’s debts totalled more than £1.1m, including almost £570,000 in tax, when he went bust, it can be revealed.

Details of the 35-year-old Antrim sportsman’s financial predicament prior to declaring himself bankrupt have been published in Companies House papers."

Postby Johnny Bravo

Wow. Wonder how he accumulated such a huge debt. I thought he was a millionaire. :? :| :hmmm:

It seems that snooker stars are not immune to stupidity when it comes to managing their fortunes. <doh>

The good thing for Allen is that he's still young enough, and good enough, to earn enough money to pay his debts. He just needs to do well for the next 4-5 years and earn around +200.000 £ a season. That means winning a few events or getting to the latter stages of the events with big prizes. Winning the Worlds would solve half his debt.
But when it's all said and done, and he manages to pay his debts, he won't have nothing extra. He's in a tough spot. :-(

Postby Johnny Bravo

In the 2019-2020, Allen earned 612 500 pounds.
In the 2020-2021, Allen earned 302 000 pounds.

If he maintains similar earnings, he could pay his debt in a few years.