Post a reply

Toilet Breaks

Postby shanew48

The players seem to leave the arena every other frame these days, there doesn't seem to be any sanctions though for them doing it too often.

This is somewhat perplexing though as Martin Gould was drinking a soft drink instead of water once and he was asked why and he stated that it was so that he wouldn't have to go to the toilet so often during matches and therefore incur fines?

I remember thinking at the time:

A.) Are there even sanctions on the books currently that have resulted in any players being fined for too many toilet breaks?

B.) Does water in fact pass through your system quicker than soft drinks?

C.) Is he really as dim as he looks?

It turns out the answers are:

A.) I don't believe there are currently fines for too many toilet breaks, if there are then they must be very lenient as the players seem to leave the arena after most frames.

B.) Soft drinks in fact make you need the toilet MORE than if you just drink water:

"Does soda make you pee more than water?"

"Any soda with caffeine is a diuretic (yep, including diet), meaning it promotes the production of urine in your body and makes you need to pee more often."

C.) Yes, he really is as simple as he looks.

Re: Toilet Breaks

Postby RunningSide

My white Twyford had a 23 last year.

Postby vodkadiet1

shanew48 wrote:The players seem to leave the arena every other frame these days, there doesn't seem to be any sanctions though for them doing it too often.

This is somewhat perplexing though as Martin Gould was drinking a soft drink instead of water once and he was asked why and he stated that it was so that he wouldn't have to go to the toilet so often during matches and therefore incur fines?

A.) Are there even sanctions on the books currently that have resulted in any players being fined for too many toilet breaks?

A.) I don't believe there are currently fines for too many toilet breaks, if there are then they must be very lenient as the players seem to leave the arena after most frames.

B.) Soft drinks in fact make you need the toilet MORE than if you just drink water:

"Any soda with caffeine is a diuretic (yep, including diet), meaning it promotes the production of urine in your body and makes you need to pee more often."

Point B: How can you be sure it is only urine that they are realeasing from their appendages when they leave the playing area? Maybe someone should be employed to check the urinals?

Postby shanew48

vodkadiet1 wrote:
shanew48 wrote:The players seem to leave the arena every other frame these days, there doesn't seem to be any sanctions though for them doing it too often.

Point B: How can you be sure it is only urine that they are realeasing from their appendages when they leave the playing area? Maybe someone should be employed to check the urinals?

Presumably he was referring to urinating as he stated that water goes through the system too quickly..

Postby vodkadiet1

It would be difficult for any Muslim player to justify going for regular toilet breaks during Ramadan, particularly 6 or 7 hours after sunrise.

Postby Iranu

Not often you see two trolls crossing paths in the wild.

Postby The_Abbott

are they toilet breaks though? They are more 'gather your thoughts' breaks, as its usually after a bad run of frames or a long frame that is lost.

Maybe amateurs take large :hankey: and thats why Murphy is not happy with them.