Post a reply

The Curious case of

Postby shanew48

Matthew Stevens. He came into my head today as he had the natural ability to finish his career firmly in the pack with Murphy, Robertson, bingham and Wilson, the pack that were never good enough to make it into the ATG pack but will be looked back on as having very successful careers.

If he had dedicated himself like Wilson has then he would be in that group as Wilson has been coached to within an ich of his life whereas Stevens had actual natural ability.

It was like once his old man passed away he was just content to stay in the top 64 and not bothered about going deep into tournaments ever again, he has most probably been earning 20-30k per year for many years whereas Wilson has most probably has been making 200k + per year, doesn't seem just in a way does it.
Last edited by shanew48 on 03 Dec 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Re: The Curious case of

Postby TheRocket

If he had just won one of these two World finals everything would be fine. He would have had a great career, winning one World,UK and Masters.

Postby Holden Chinaski

I met him once in Antwerp. We smoked and chatted for a bit. Anthony Hamilton was there as well. Two of the nicest chaps you could ever wish to meet.

Postby shanew48

Holden Chinaski wrote:I met him once in Antwerp. We smoked and chatted for a bit. Anthony Hamilton was there as well. Two of the nicest chaps you could ever wish to meet.

Yes, they do seem like decent chaps.

Postby shanew48

Holden Chinaski wrote:Sorry, it was Andrew Higginson not Hamilton.

It matters not, I'm sure he is a decent fellow also, in fairness there don't seem to be that many wrong'uns on the tour now that Hann and Lee are no longer about, although Murphy does remain but you can't have everything can you!