Poll ended at 08 Aug 2021

Yan Bingtao wins The Masters
79%
Higgins’ performance/victory at The Masters
21%

Total votes : 14

SI’s Favourite Moment of 20/21: QFs Match 1

Postby Iranu

Welcome to match 1 in the quarter final stage of the Snooker Island’s Favourite Moment of the 2020-2021 Season tournament!

This match features:

Yan Bingtao winning The Masters

vs

John Higgins’s performance and victory at the Players Championship

Analysis
A tough draw for Higgins, as the number 3 seed takes on the heavy tournament favourite. The number 1 seed received almost 3x the nomination points as Higgins’ victory. Can the awe of Higgins’ All-Time-Great performance spring an upset? Or will Yan Bingtao defeat him on the big stage yet again?

Happy voting!

Re: SI’s Favourite Moment of 20/21: QFs Match 1

Postby Iranu

Yan’s victory all day long for me. Higgins was immense, but Yan’s victory (against Higgins no less) was I think the start of a new era in snooker.

Postby Prop

Higgins’ flash of form was special, and it had people talking for a few days. But it was just a flash. One of those inexplicable freak performances that we probably won’t see from him again.

Yan’s Masters victory was more than that. It was the result of consistent results and improvement, and potentially part of a much bigger story.

Postby SnookerFan

Loved Higgins' performance, but it's got to be Yan winning hasn't it?

That was a young player winning a big tournament. The sport needs more of that.

I enjoyed watching Higgins in that tournament, but it's less important for the game that he wins tournaments now.