Post a reply

Re: Race to the Crucible 2022

Postby gninnur karona

In conjunction with Yan Bingtao not entering the Gibraltar Open, Judd Trump's victory over Matthew Selt on the bright orange carpet propels Mark Allen to the Crucible.

15 players then assured of being seeded at the Crucible. Leaving Yan Bingtao anxiously looking over his shoulders at five pretenders. None have an easy task. Here is what I understand they have to do:

Ricky Walden. Winning the Gibraltar Open guarantees a Crucible place. The other route to overtaking Yan Bingtao would be to lose the final (but not to Hossein Vafaei, David Gilbert or Fan Zhengyi) coupled with John Higgins losing his opening match in Gibraltar. That would earn Ricky Walden a Tour Championship place and participation in that event would guarantee a Crucible place;

Hossein Vafaei. Winning the Gibraltar Open guarantees a Tour Championship place and participation in that event would guarantee a Crucible place. The other route to overtaking Yan Bingtao would be to lose the final (but not to Ricky Walden, Barry Hawkins, Kyren Wilson or Jimmy Robertson) coupled with John Higgins losing before the semi-final stage in Gibraltar AND to then win his opening match at the Tour Championship;

David Gilbert. Winning the Gibraltar Open guarantees a Tour Championship place and participation in that event would guarantee a Crucible place;

Jimmy Robertson. Winning the Gibraltar Open guarantees a Tour Championship place. Would need to reach the Tour Championship final to overhaul Yan Bingtao;

Fan Zhengyi. Winning the Gibraltar Open would earn him a Tour Championship place provided that John Higgins is eliminated before the final. Would then need to win his third ranking event of 2022 to claim a Crucible place.

Postby The_Abbott

Come on Ricky!! We are all behind you to make the crucible!

Then Hossein

Then Yan

Then Fan

Then Jimmy R

Then David Gilbert

Then Jimmy White

Then

Postby Juddernaut88

The_Abbott wrote:Come on Ricky!! We are all behind you to make the crucible!

Then Hossein

Then Yan

Then Fan

Then Jimmy R

Then David Gilbert

Then Jimmy White

Then

Yes as long as none of them play Judd in the 1st round of the world championship. Well I'd be happy for him to play Jimmy White though :john:

Postby The_Abbott

Juddernaut88 wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:Come on Ricky!! We are all behind you to make the crucible!

Then Hossein

Then Yan

Then Fan

Then Jimmy R

Then David Gilbert

Then Jimmy White

Then

Yes as long as none of them play Judd in the 1st round of the world championship. Well I'd be happy for him to play Jimmy White though :john:

Jimmy will have a first round exit anyway. Just in the qualifiers <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

McManusFan wrote:has to be Ding dunnit?

It'd have to be somebody entering in the first round of qualifying. If he's ranked in the top-32, he wouldn't.

Postby McManusFan

SnookerFan wrote:
McManusFan wrote:has to be Ding dunnit?

It'd have to be somebody entering in the first round of qualifying. If he's ranked in the top-32, he wouldn't.

Oh yes, he hasn't fallen quite that far had he? Si Jiahui might be a good choice.

Postby Ck147

mick745 wrote:Boiko.

+1

Postby GeF

Ist round of qualifiers means ranked 81 or lower (+amateurs)
Could be Wu Yize, Peter Devlin, Si Jahui or Ng On Yee, but it is definitively Marco Fu.

Postby McManusFan

GeF wrote:Ist round of qualifiers means ranked 81 or lower (+amateurs)
Could be Wu Yize, Peter Devlin, Si Jahui or Ng On Yee, but it is definitively Marco Fu.

Good point. I do like the Boiko suggestion though.

Postby SnookerFan

Yes, now I think about it, we had this problem before.

I asked what everybody else's opinion was, followed the majority, and still got told by everybody I'd got it wrong.

Postby mick745

It is the new Brexit.

We have had a number of suggestions. Put them to the vote. The option that gets the most votes is what we'll go for. If top two are tied, hold another vote with just those two options. Everyone knows where they stand then.

At the end of the day it is just a bit of fun folks.

Postby mick745

Presumably the draw will be made after the Gibraltar Open, sometime during the Tour Championship.

Wasnt Hendry informed that he'd drawn White during an itv event?

Postby SnookerFan

mick745 wrote:Presumably the draw will be made after the Gibraltar Open, sometime during the Tour Championship.

I have a feeling that it was televised, yes.

Didn't he find out with Selt that way too, or did I dream?

Postby McManusFan

SnookerFan wrote:
mick745 wrote:Presumably the draw will be made after the Gibraltar Open, sometime during the Tour Championship.

I have a feeling that it was televised, yes.

Didn't he find out with Selt that way too, or did I dream?

Yes on both counts. I wonder if they'll do the same this year, or if they're bored of Hendry's comeback like everyone else!

Postby SnookerFan

gninnur karona wrote:In conjunction with Yan Bingtao not entering the Gibraltar Open, Judd Trump's victory over Matthew Selt on the bright orange carpet propels Mark Allen to the Crucible.

Yay!

Postby csprince

i've just rung world snooker and was told the draw for qualifying is march 28 or 29

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerEd25 wrote:Marco ‘Brexit’ Fu sounds a good call to me <ok>

I would like to clarify that I was reacting to Micks’ claim that the watch thread is the new Brexit. I would not like to infer that Marco Fu is in any way pro-Brexit and/or a screaming nutter.

I would like to publicly apologise UNRESERVEDLY to Mr. Fu and, more importantly, Mr. Fu’s legal team for any assumptions that may have been incorrectly made.

Thank you.

Postby SnookerFan

csprince wrote:i've just rung world snooker and was told the draw for qualifying is march 28 or 29

I rang a number World Snooker had for ticket enquiries once.

It was the day before the English Open tickets went on sale. The year before, they'd been in Manchester. The website was saying that this year it was going to be in Manchester. See Tickets was advertising it as Barnsley.

I rang to ask where it was actually going to be, as I had time off to go up there. Ends up the number they gave was for World Snooker head office. They said they didn't know, despite the fact the tickets were going on sale in less than 18 hours time. I said that their website claimed it was Manchester, and they said; "Oh, it's definitely not there." An hour later, it was showing as Venue TBA on their website.

SeeTickets was correct. It was Barnsley.

Postby Ck147

SnookerFan wrote:
csprince wrote:i've just rung world snooker and was told the draw for qualifying is march 28 or 29

I rang a number World Snooker had for ticket enquiries once.

It was the day before the English Open tickets went on sale. The year before, they'd been in Manchester. The website was saying that this year it was going to be in Manchester. See Tickets was advertising it as Barnsley.

I rang to ask where it was actually going to be, as I had time off to go up there. Ends up the number they gave was for World Snooker head office. They said they didn't know, despite the fact the tickets were going on sale in less than 18 hours time. I said that their website claimed it was Manchester, and they said; "Oh, it's definitely not there." An hour later, it was showing as Venue TBA on their website.

SeeTickets was correct. It was Barnsley.

BS, world snooker can’t be that crap, surely?