Post a reply

Re: Dave H focus on... Stephen Hendry

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:all im saying mate we can not compare what steve done in his mid 40s to what stephen done because hes not reached that yet.

as i said if stephen fell OUT of the top 16 with the old system i could not have seen him carrying on but just like Ebdon has he might then embrace the PTC embrace the ranking system then as the hunter rather than the hunted and could climb back sooner and everything would be in his hands then not waiting a year as a qualifier.

Steve was in a very similar situation to Stephen is today 10 years ago make no mistake about it and he was falling so hard until that happens to stephen we really dont know do we.

yeh thats true, thats why i find it daft how Hendrys been quoted numerous times expressing his dissapointment at rolling rankings being in place now. Hes got as much to gain as he has to lose from this, just like all tour players.

Postby Wildey

hendry cant see further than his spots at the moment but the way things are now could be a inspiration for him in the next 2 to 3 years.

he will never challenge the best no more just like Ebdon wont but that doesn't mean he cant get results here and there if he just let things happen naturally and i think how the rankings work now will help him get a aim a goal should he drop out. which is inevitable after the World unless he has 1 hell of a run in a tournament Last 16 wont be good enough at the crucible this year to stay in and i don't think its a bad thing if he drops out.

Postby Eirebilly

Mark Allen said last year that Hendry and Davis were still very big scalps to get. He said that both played very different snooker but were both still incredibly difficult to beat. 'Both still incredibly difficult to beat' that statement says alot i think, they may both still be hard to beat but they both find it even harder to win these days. It happens to us all, we get older and no longer are able to keep the focus required for long periods at a time.

Postby Wildey

Sophie Hart wrote:Hendry has guts to improve his game in the coming year; he wasn’t able to beat his competitors but will do it in the upcoming season.

i like your thinking <ok>