Post a reply

Re: Shaun Murphy promises more celebrating

Postby Iranu

Good. He needs to get fire in his belly if he wants to win more.

Six months ago I’d probably have made a snide comment about him pandering rofl I’m a fickle lovely lady.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:what if he loses round 1 in every tournament? Will he still celebrate?

The fans will.

YOU SHUT YOUR DAMN MOUTH!

Postby SnookerEd25

badtemperedcyril wrote:It’s the most nauseating sight in snooker.

You clearly haven’t seen Matthew Selt eating a pie...

Postby James Bentley

Iranu wrote:

Generally or just when Murphy does it?

I've nothing against it, as such, if it's a genuine expression of emotion (although I'd agree with what Stuart Bingham said in his interview after the semi-final, it is a bit cringey).

But this from Shaun Murphy sounds calculated. He even alludes to it directly, "if it upsets a few of the players, then it upsets a few of the players". It comes across as though he knows it's going to wind his opponents up, so he's decided to do more of it. No relation to what he's genuinely feeling at the time, just another move to attempt to gain some sort of competitive advantage. Totally fake and premeditated.

I've always thought he was a hammer though, so I probably would say that.

Postby Iranu

James Bentley wrote:
Iranu wrote:

I've nothing against it, as such, if it's a genuine expression of emotion (although I'd agree with what Stuart Bingham said in his interview after the semi-final, it is a bit cringey).

But this from Shaun Murphy sounds calculated. He even alludes to it directly, "if it upsets a few of the players, then it upsets a few of the players". It comes across as though he knows it's going to wind his opponents up, so he's decided to do more of it. No relation to what he's genuinely feeling at the time, just another move to attempt to gain some sort of competitive advantage. Totally fake and premeditated.

I think you mean Kyren, right?

I’m guessing Murphy’s overcorrected from Ronnie etc saying he doesn’t show enough desire to win. I don’t think it’s so much fake as he’s leaning into what must be genuine emotions a bit too much at the moment.

Postby James Bentley

Iranu wrote:I think you mean Kyren, right?

Of course, yes.

Iranu wrote:I’m guessing Murphy’s overcorrected from Ronnie etc saying he doesn’t show enough desire to win. I don’t think it’s so much fake as he’s leaning into what must be genuine emotions a bit too much at the moment.

Maybe you're right. I find Murphy insufferable in general, so interpret everything he says in a bad light.

Postby Iranu

Iranu wrote:I’m guessing Murphy’s overcorrected from Ronnie etc saying he doesn’t show enough desire to win. I don’t think it’s so much fake as he’s leaning into what must be genuine emotions a bit too much at the moment.

Maybe you're right. I find Murphy insufferable in general, so interpret everything he says in a bad light.[/quote]
So did I once upon a time.

Postby badtemperedcyril

James Bentley wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Your words are awfully well chosen... Smurphy the epitome of fakeness and premeditation.

It's not that I dislike the guy, it's just that everytime he opens his mouth I have to look away from the screen.

Postby Wildey

He's talking about it so he's thinking of doing it, and yet he says it won't be contrived.

not sure how that works myself