How many will Selby end up with?

15%
22%
37%
4%
8+
22%

Total votes : 27

Re: How many world titles can Selby win?

Postby TheRocket

Wildey wrote:
People said he will never win a World Title because of the intensity you highlight there but he proved them Wrong Who knows if he will or he wont fact is dont discount him he has a determination and patience that has no equal he will wait and wait and wait.

I think he will win 1 or 2 more World titles but the time window to win more World titles for him is not 15 years. Thats just too much.
Its 15 years for someone like Trump probably. But not for the likes of Selby or Robertson who are late 30's now.

Postby sas6789

TheRocket wrote:
Wildey wrote:yea hes not won enough to be called the Goat but neither had O'Sullivan.

in 2007 when i first came on line there were people claiming Ronnie the Goat at that time Ronnie had 19 ranking titles only 2 World Championships and 9 so called triple crown events.

So these Wild Claims is really nothing new i do think Mark Selby has now overtaken both Steve Davis and Mark Williams in to 4th place but Still behind Ronnie O'Sullivan, Stephen Hendry and John Higgins Selby style of play can see him Still winning for the next 15 years so who knows how many World Titles he will Win

In tennis way past his best Pete Sampras kept on winning at Wimbledon because the event was made for him and the same can be said of The World Championship and Selby

Selby aint gonna be competing to this level in his late 40's or early 50's. Stamina, concentration level and Selby relies more on that than others, all that disappear slowly but surely the older you get and the missed sitters and unforced errors will become too many over the long distance. But Selby probably has a 7-8 year window to win more World titles which is obviously more time than what Ronnie or Higgins have.

And you're wrong about Sampras. Sampras last and seventh Wimbledon title came at the age of 28. He wasnt at his peak but hardly way past his prime.

I disagree, i think his great all round game will suit longevity.

Postby Granite

About longevity Selby actually won the first 3 matches in quick fire which he something doesn't normally do, and guys like Allen and Williams are dangerous.

It's only from the SF and onwards that form dipped but his B game is so strong that he can win through another style.

Ronnie is missing sitters all over the place because he's a touch and feel player, he's instinctive but I don't think that will happen to Selby because he's more focused and methodological in what he does.

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Granite wrote:[He's the best Crucible player in history. Selby's already the GOAT but just needs to cement it properly.

rofl rofl rofl
Are you 10 ? Or just a troll ?!? :roll: <laugh>

Postby Iranu

People love to say Selby’s game is tailor made for the World Championship. But if you look at the list of winners is it really true?

Selby’s WC success is very much an anomaly particularly in the modern game. If his game is tailor made for the Worlds why would this be the case?