Post a reply

Break off shot

Postby Dragonfly

I see that Mark Allen has been using the Williams break off shot. And Robertson just used it. Will it become the standard break. Will it be banned by next season.

Re: Break off shot

Postby HappyCamper

maybe, as more players use it the novel aspect might wear off. but as long as players feel it gives them a better chance of winning he frame it's continue.

no. it won't be banned.

Postby mick745

I guess the only way of banning it is to mandate that the teds have to be hit directly and not cushion first.

But it is a spectator sport, it is a very negative shot.

Postby Reg Varney

mick745 wrote:I guess the only way of banning it is to mandate that the teds have to be hit directly and not cushion first.

If they were to implement that rule, expect to see players rolling straight into the pack direct instead.

Postby Dragonfly

I guess there's a certain value in it. But it is very negative. Maybe players should have more confidence in their ability to get the cue ball close to the baulk cushion from the break. I know a red can be left from the break, but finding the baulk cushion can cancel that out.

Postby McManusFan

Has anyone other than Willo managed to win a match with the new break?

I got the feeling it through Higgins off when he tried it.

Postby Running side

Reg Varney wrote:
mick745 wrote:I guess the only way of banning it is to mandate that the teds have to be hit directly and not cushion first.
Almost impossible to roll into full pack from D,never understood why someone not developed a normal foolproof break.

If they were to implement that rule, expect to see players rolling straight into the pack direct instead.

Postby Running side

Reg Varney wrote:
Almost impossible to roll into full pack from D,never understood why someone not developed a normal foolproof break.

Postby Iranu

mick745 wrote:But it is a spectator sport, it is a very negative shot.

It’s not though, it just LOOKS negative. Everything’s normal within three shots most of the time.