Post a reply

Is Ronnie washed up, or just trolling?

Ronnie is trying his hardest to win finals (e.g. by practicing a lot, taking the matches seriously, etc.), but has lost all of these finals anyway despite being 100% committed to winning
44%
Ronnie is just trolling all of us, by not practicing that much, not trying his hardest to win, etc. because he is saving all of his energy/effort/competitiveness for making a run at a 7th world title but is still good enough to make it to finals even when he's not trying his hardest
56%

Total votes : 9

Re: Is Ronnie washed up, or just trolling all of us...?

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:
Dragonfly wrote:As a fan of O'Sullivan all those finals lost are a source of concern. I put the ridiculous loss to Brown down to one of those freak events that happens once in decades.

The other losses I find more bothering as he faced all 4 of his major opposition and didn't really bother any of them. He doesn't seem to be starting finals well and grabbing the match early on like he used to. His long potting also isn't great and I feel this makes him vulnerable.

He is an enigma though. He is world champion and could turn up at Sheffield and run through the opposition like a knife through butter. At the moment that looks unlikely but after years of watching O'Sullivan I have learned not to be surprised by anything.

Yes pretty much this, although he really should have won the Brown Final, no reason whatsoever why he shouldn't have, no matter how well Brown played.

Hopefully he wins his 7th world title and all this will be forgotten.

I pretty much doubt he can do that, the way he's playing atm. :sad:

Postby D4P

Ronnie just had a nice snooker table installed at his mother's house, presumably in time for him to begin serious practice and preparation for the Crucible. I think it's fair to assume that he'll be practicing more concertedly for the WSC than he has for previous events this season, partly out of lack of access to practice facilities and partly out of caring more about winning the WSC than the other events (at this point in his career).

Whether that additional effort and interest on Ronnie's part translates into a 7th world title remains to be seen...

Postby Andre147

D4P wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Wish there was an option here of "who cares" lol

That option can be selected by not opening the thread.

Or simply not making a comment. I think it's a valid thread, but with Ronnie anything is possible, so him winning a 7th world title wouldn't surprise me much.

Postby Iranu

1892 wrote:Ronnie has put on his Facebook that he is doing a live announcement next Tuesday.

Retirement after the Worlds or a new book?

Apparently hosted by Jason Francis so I’d guess it’d be something like an exhibition tour, presumably not retirement anyway!

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:
1892 wrote:Ronnie has put on his Facebook that he is doing a live announcement next Tuesday.

Apparently hosted by Jason Francis so I’d guess it’d be something like an exhibition tour, presumably not retirement anyway!

He's going to play Johnny Bravo to decide who's the GOAT.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Iranu wrote:

He's going to play Johnny Bravo to decide who's the GOAT.

Video footage pending.