Post a reply

Look, Judd would win in ANY era

Postby Acé

So much talk on Twitter about the current era of snooker that Judd HIMSELF had to defend himself

Look I get it, there are lots of competitions now and the class of 92 are obviously not in their prime, this sport is literally an old man's sport now but let's not act like Judd's brand of snooker wouldn't get him multiple titles in any era.

He's not scraping over the lines and struggling, he's winning at a canter

Re: Look, Judd would win in ANY era

Postby Acé

If anything it's up to rest of Judd's generation like Ding and Lisowski to really put in the work and challenge him, he's not running away from anyone, he can only beat who's infront of him but he's not shying away from anyone to take it to him

Postby LDS

Dude, it was judd who started this convo by complaining he wasn't being treated like a big-time legend. People merely explained why.

Of course he shouldn't throw his trophies away, lol.

Imagine you're a pro snooker player, what would you rather have in your trophy cabinet? 20 Gibratlars or 2 worlds? Feel free to canvass 300 past or present pro snooker players...

I mean, what are you even arguing about?

Postby eraserhead

Everything Judd is doing is impressive and he's clearly the best player in the world. As long as follows it up at the worlds his achievements will speak for themselves.

Don't know why he's paying any attention to idiots on twitter.

Postby mick745

This old chestnut of comparing eras.

Greats of the past would have adapted their games, Steve Davis, Joe Davis, Ray Reardon etc would be challenging now if they were at their primes.

But they are not. The best player around at the moment is Judd Trump. It is up to the others to stop him, and overtake him.

Postby SnookerFan

mick745 wrote:This old chestnut of comparing eras.

Greats of the past would have adapted their games, Steve Davis, Joe Davis, Ray Reardon etc would be challenging now if they were at their primes.

But they are not. The best player around at the moment is Judd Trump. It is up to the others to stop him, and overtake him.

EAT CROW, FOOL!

Postby rekoons

SnookerFan wrote:

EAT CROW, FOOL!

Postby badtemperedcyril

That's pretty much my take on it. Each generation learns a bit from the one before and develops something new. Conditions improve too. It's a natural progression or evolution.

It's also why I don't think the early pioneers like Joe, Fred, Horace Lindrum, Donaldson, Pulman etc get the credit they should. Particularly Joe and Horace who basically started with a blank canvas (at opposite ends of the world) and worked it all out for themselves.

Postby Holden Chinaski

rekoons wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

EAT CROW, FOOL!

rofl

Postby Johnny Bravo

Judd would mop the floor with the 70's and 80's players. He'd also dominate the first half of the 90s's, and Hendry would become the new White.

Postby TheRocket

He is a scoring machine and has now become a tough matchplayer as well. So yes he would obviously win in any era.

As for his comments on Twitter I think he often cares too much what other people think of him. He often gets involved in heated debates with fans.

I know from Tennis that these kind of Greatness debates can be nasty.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Pink Ball wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:Judd would mop the floor with the 70's and 80's players. He'd also dominate the first half of the 90s's, and Hendry would become the new White.

Johnny, have you ever considered journalism?

I'm too politically INCORECT to be a successful journalist in this day and age <laugh>

Postby Johnny Bravo

TheRocket wrote:He is a scoring machine and has now become a tough matchplayer as well. So yes he would obviously win in any era.

As for his comments on Twitter I think he often cares too much what other people think of him. He often gets involved in heated debates with fans.

I know from Tennis that these kind of Greatness debates can be nasty.

Federer is the tennis GOAT.

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:Judd would mop the floor with the 70's and 80's players. He'd also dominate the first half of the 90s's, and Hendry would become the new White.

I'm too politically INCORECT to be a successful journalist in this day and age <laugh>

You could always spend six years calling people Snowflakes on ITV, then throw a paddy on air and quit your job the first time somebody criticises you.

Postby badtemperedcyril

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Thats one way of putting it...