Post a reply

Re: Forget Bingtao, keep an eye on Jack Lisowski next season

Postby McManusFan

I agree with Cyril here, Judd gets talked about as if he's the next Hendry or Ronnie. Maybe he will go on to be, but it's not guarenteed. His current domination is very impressive, but I'm not convinced it's as impressive as Selby's period a few years back, and his form dropped off a cliff.

Postby LDS

Acé wrote:Just look at the amount of points he has compared to the #2 player, it's unheard of

I'm glad you brought up some meaningful statistics, it shows a sense of genuine perspective.

Now, using your own grading system for assessing the quality of a player, let's compare Mark William's 22 Rankers with Judd's 22 Rankers shall we?

This might prove difficult as Williams played and won a lot of titles 20 years ago, so the prize fund wont necessarily match with today's prize fund - Judd too has some old titles. So for a sense of fair perspective lets value all of their titles by what the prize fund is for this years event. Ok? Good.

For the events that are no longer being played or just didn't get played this year, let's just use the prize fund value as it was at the last time the event took place. This will still give Judd a slight advantage, but only marginally. Ok? Good.

The accumulated value of all of Judd's 22 Rankers = £2,875,000

The accumulated value of all of William's 22 Rankers = £3, 857,500

Ok?

I have no horse in this race and I don't have the personality for entrenched fanboy conflicts, I was just genuinely curious what would be the result if I tested your own methodology upon your own theories, because, you know, it's so easy to just say stuff in the heat of the moment isn't it. You know, without thinking about it much beyond the previous post.

Postby Juddernaut88

Dragonfly wrote:The big difference between Williams ranking titles and Trump ranking titles is Williams total includes 3 world titles

Williams was pro in 1992, Judd Trump was pro in 2005. Judd has a lot of time to break that record.
You have a weird hatred obsession with Judd Trump as I'm sure at least 80% of your posts on here are having digs at him.

Postby Dragonfly

It's absolutely true that Williams is around for much longer. It's also true he has won 3 world titles.

Perhaps Trump will win as many. If he does then I'll say fair play. While it's undoubtedly true that I dislike Trump and think the man is a spoiled brat I think my dislike is matched in equal measure by those that worship his every move and completely exaggerate his achievements

Postby Juddernaut88

Dragonfly wrote:It's absolutely true that Williams is around for much longer. It's also true he has won 3 world titles.

Perhaps Trump will win as many. If he does then I'll say fair play. While it's undoubtedly true that I dislike Trump and think the man is a spoiled brat I think my dislike is matched in equal measure by those that worship his every move and completely exaggerate his achievements

There is no one here that worships his every move! there are what 3 Judd Trump fans on here including me. I could say there are a fair few Ronnie fan boys that worship Ronnie every move no? maybe not so much on this site but in general.
There are plenty of players I dislike but I don't post constantly about how much I dislike them etc. I may have the odd banter with a few people now and again but that is all.

Postby Dragonfly

I have been an O'Sullivan fan since 1993. While an ardent admirer of his ability and playing style I also know that at times he is a complete and utter tool. I can't comment on what other people think.

While I acknowledge that O'Sullivan can be an idiot, what I have noticed among the Trump supporters is they will never criticise their hero. Not when he refuses to credit his opponents when he loses. Not after the Dubai debacle. Never.

I do hope people won't take my posts too seriously. I will never like Trump. I will always enjoy when he loses. It's not meant to be malicious in any way towards anyone that likes him. Bit I will keep reminding them he is not an all time great until he becomes one.