Post a reply

Forget Bingtao, keep an eye on Jack Lisowski next season!

Postby Acé

The guy is PLOWING through the field right now and none of you lot are appreciating it or noticing it but just want to call him a choker/mentally weak but look at the ease he's crushing the field this season, this is pure RAW TALENT he's playing through

once he overcomes his final hurdle and gets that ONE monkey of his back this guy's gonna be a MONSTER

you guys are gonna be in a shock once he combines that raw talent with solid match play

Re: Forget Bingtao, keep an eye on Jack Lisowski next season

Postby Iranu

I’m sure everyone agrees he’s stepped up hugely the last couple of seasons particularly this one. I’m not sure he’s quite crushing the field in the way you say but he’s definitely getting to the latter stages a lot.

I think he could do with a kind draw in a final (feel the same about Gilbert), he’s faced all-time greats in every final he’s played I think?

Nobody's ever denied he has immense raw talent, in fact that's what makes him so frustrating at times. He still hasn’t modified his game to maximise that talent. I also think he doesn’t have the best personality/attitude - whenever he’s interviewed he puts himself down a LOT.

His cue action is the closest to Ronnie’s I’ve ever seen in terms of pure fluidity.

I hope you’re right about him.

Postby LDS

Top 10 people Jack Lisowski has defeated this season (all once) excluding leagues and shoot-out:

1. Mark Selby (currently ranked 4)
2. Shaun Murphy (7)
3. Stuart Bingham (14)
4. Tom Ford (23)
5. Martin Gould (29)
6. Zhao Xintong (30)
7. Ryan Day (31)
8. Ricky Walden (36)
9. Luca Brecel (37)
10. Xiao Goudong (40)

Difficult to form a specific opinion here.

So far in this tournament he's defeated the world number 122, 109, 74 and 58 to get to the Quarter Finals. But, sure, let's get really excited while he's having his moment. And, sure, I'm sure his victory will come one day, maybe even tomorrow!

Postby Iranu

LDS wrote:Top 10 people Jack Lisowski has defeated this season (all once) excluding leagues and shoot-out:

1. Mark Selby (currently ranked 4)
2. Shaun Murphy (7)
3. Stuart Bingham (14)
4. Tom Ford (23)
5. Martin Gould (29)
6. Zhao Xintong (30)
7. Ryan Day (31)
8. Ricky Walden (36)
9. Luca Brecel (37)
10. Xiao Goudong (40)

Difficult to form a specific opinion here.

So far in this tournament he's defeated the world number 122, 109, 74 and 58 to get to the Quarter Finals. But, sure, let's get really excited while he's having his moment. And, sure, I'm sure his victory will come one day, maybe even tomorrow!

And given the season Murphy’s having, Selby’s the only truly impressive win on that list.

Postby Iranu

Acé wrote:Jack is simply unlucky as buck to face a prime Judd 3x in a row in finals, history will know this

There was nothing unlucky about that stupid shot he played in frame 1. Set the tone of the match.

Postby Acé

Iranu wrote:
Acé wrote:Jack is simply unlucky as buck to face a prime Judd 3x in a row in finals, history will know this

There was nothing unlucky about that stupid shot he played in frame 1. Set the tone of the match.

Wrong as usual. Judd has become the hardest player on the circuit to beat. He scored a ton in the 2nd frame and also missed a few balls but he was the complete, more dominant player in the final heck he was the most dominant player across the whole tournament. Just 3 frames lost

Jack's been unlucky to be having to face prime Judd in all these 3 finals this season

Stick to watching Selby, I can't WAIT till Judd also smacks him up in a proper event then you'll also learn just how complete of a player and the man to beat Judd has become, give credit where it's due hater

Postby Iranu

Acé wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Wrong as usual. Judd has become the hardest player on the circuit to beat. He scored a ton in the 2nd frame and also missed a few balls but he was the complete, more dominant player in the final heck he was the most dominant player across the whole tournament. Just 3 frames lost

Jack's been unlucky to be having to face prime Judd in all these 3 finals this season

Stick to watching Selby, I can't WAIT till Judd also smacks him up in a proper event then you'll also learn just how complete of a player and the man to beat Judd has become, give credit where it's due hater

Ace, you’re right. Judd is by far the best player on the circuit right now. It’s not even close.

But the Gibraltar final was lost as soon as Jack played that silly in-off shot. It was stupid and it showed that Jack still has a long way to go.

That’s not me trying to diminish Judd - he made the final a procession as soon as he smelled Jack’s weakness. just like he made the semi against Selt look way more comfortable than it was.

He’s a winning machine. He just needs to turn the Gibraltars into Worlds.

Postby Dragonfly

I think Lisowski is going to be one of those players that will earn a nice living from the game without ever moving to the next level and being a real top class player.

He has a certain amount of talent, is fairly entertaining to watch, but seems to come up short against the best players.

The writing was on the wall from the first frame last night. Nobody can afford to give Trump easy starts. That stupid shot Lisowski played is definitely the worst shot of the season. I honestly don't know what he was thinking. He's not that inexperienced anymore but seemed determined to throw the match away.

He will probably win the odd tinpot event here and there in the future. I don't see him becoming a major force by any means

Postby Acé

Iranu wrote:
Acé wrote:Ace, you’re right. Judd is by far the best player on the circuit right now. It’s not even close.

But the Gibraltar final was lost as soon as Jack played that silly in-off shot. It was stupid and it showed that Jack still has a long way to go.

That’s not me trying to diminish Judd - he made the final a procession as soon as he smelled Jack’s weakness. just like he made the semi against Selt look way more comfortable than it was.

He’s a winning machine. He just needs to turn the Gibraltars into Worlds.

Well he can't help the Worlds only comes up once a year don't worry though he's gonna win more World titles, he's not gonna just remain on 1 but that doesn't mean he should stop winning titles on the rest of the season

Gibraltar isn't big but it doesn't make much of a difference since no one else on the tour is close to him anyway it's not like Judd is vulnerable in other tournaments, apart from the UK which he should've won every other final has been a procession and let's not act like the damage he's been causing has been coming from Gibraltar Opens, this is the only non multi session ranking event he's won twice out of i've lost count, 10+ other events he's won since 2019

Non-Judd fans realize this isn't the same Judd Trump pre 2019 where you think ah he's just gonna win a title and go away for the rest of the season or give up, he is the biggest match player and extremely tough to beat in ALL aspects of the game.

Postby Juddernaut88

badtemperedcyril wrote:Dreamboat Jackie might stand a better chance against him in a triple crown event. Trumpy’s not so smart in the tournaments that matter.

Considering Judd has won 2 of the last 6 triple crown events he's played in that would indicate to me he is smart in these tournaments and can win them. No other player has won 2 of the last 7 either so it's a poor argument from people.

I really don't understand this overreaction just because he didn't win any of them last season.
This dig would have been relevant from 2011-2018 as that period Judd was inconsistent and there were question marks on whether he would ever win a world title. The last 2 years he's been the dominant player.
If Judd didn't win Gibraltar Open people would have said stuff like "Judd is cracking up that's 3 events in a row he's not performed in" yet when he wins it's tinpot this and that. It's like Judd Trump just cannot win whatever he does.
If he wins the World championship this year what excuse will people use in other to play down his achievement?

Postby Iranu

Juddernaut88 wrote:
badtemperedcyril wrote:Dreamboat Jackie might stand a better chance against him in a triple crown event. Trumpy’s not so smart in the tournaments that matter.

Considering Judd has won 2 of the last 6 triple crown events he's played in that would indicate to me he is smart in these tournaments and can win them. No other player has won 2 of the last 7 either so it's a poor argument from people.

He’s also won 0 of the last 4 TCs. Not disagreeing with you but it’s easy to manipulate this sort of stat.

Postby Iranu

Acé wrote:Well he can't help the Worlds only comes up once a year don't worry though he's gonna win more World titles, he's not gonna just remain on 1 but that doesn't mean he should stop winning titles on the rest of the season

Gibraltar isn't big but it doesn't make much of a difference since no one else on the tour is close to him anyway it's not like Judd is vulnerable in other tournaments, apart from the UK which he should've won every other final has been a procession and let's not act like the damage he's been causing has been coming from Gibraltar Opens, this is the only non multi session ranking event he's won twice out of i've lost count, 10+ other events he's won since 2019

Non-Judd fans realize this isn't the same Judd Trump pre 2019 where you think ah he's just gonna win a title and go away for the rest of the season or give up, he is the biggest match player and extremely tough to beat in ALL aspects of the game.

I mean I agree with everything you’ve said here. Not sure why you’re trying to pick an argument with me?

Postby Iranu

Empire State Human wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:If he wins the World championship this year what excuse will people use in other to play down his achievement?

weak era + easy draw + fluked every other shot.

The thing with this is: if Judd’s dominating a ‘weak era’ there are several players who are FAILING to dominate the same ‘weak era’. I’ve never seen the same qualification levelled at Ronnie’s sixth World Title for example.

Postby Pink Ball

I don’t think it’s an especially strong era, but that doesn’t mean that Trump isn’t outstanding.

And, as I’ve said before, the thing about his ‘triple crown’ record is the last straw people are clinging to. They know it isn’t going to hold.

Postby badtemperedcyril

I don’t see anyone here denying that what Judd has achieved in the past 24 months is any but phenomenal. Nevertheless, will be aware of his need to win more TC’s and in particular WC’s in order to cement his place among the greats. Everything is pointing towards the probability that he will over the next five years. After all, his biggest challengers are all probably now past their best, albeit they’re still very capable and likely to win more big titles, just not as frequently as they once did.