Post a reply

Re: Eurosport doc on 2020 world semi finals

Postby Prop

I hope we get to hear plenty from the 4 players, rather than it just being narrated. Really looking forward to this, regardless <ok>

Postby Andre147

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Saw barely any of this at the time so I'm not really interested in watching a documentary about it.

Your loss

Postby Pink Ball

Andre147 wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Saw barely any of this at the time so I'm not really interested in watching a documentary about it.

Your loss

In one day, we got the greatest frame since the 1985 decider (the McGill-Wilson decider) and the greatest match since the 1985 final (O'Sullivan-Selby).

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Your loss

In one day, we got the greatest frame since the 1985 decider (the McGill-Wilson decider) and the greatest match since the 1985 final (O'Sullivan-Selby).

It was a better frame.

Postby Holden Chinaski

badtemperedcyril wrote:
Iranu wrote:
badtemperedcyril wrote:I hope the outcome is still the same. Couldn’t stand that McGill winning.

Why?
Err, I don’t like him.

Behaved like an arrogant, spoilt, petulant child at the Crucible.

Did he sit down?

Postby badtemperedcyril

Holden Chinaski wrote:
badtemperedcyril wrote:
Iranu wrote:
badtemperedcyril wrote:I hope the outcome is still the same. Couldn’t stand that McGill winning.

Why?
Err, I don’t like him.

Did he sit down?
he should’ve sat down and shut up instead of crying to the ref. A good player let’s his cue do the talking.

Postby Iranu

badtemperedcyril wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
badtemperedcyril wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Why?
Err, I don’t like him.

Did he sit down?
he should’ve sat down and shut up instead of crying to the ref. A good player let’s his cue do the talking.

So he should’ve let his opponent keep moving in his eyeline? I strongly disagree.

Postby Iranu

badtemperedcyril wrote:McGill wouldn’t have noticed if he hadn’t been getting stuffed. In any case, even if it was the case, isn’t he man enough to say to his opponent “stand still please mate”? He put the referee in a unfair situation.

No he probably wouldn’t but that’s not the point is it? Clarke did the same against Perry in qualifying as well. It’s poor conduct.

And McGill did ask Clarke to sit down, if you watch the video he goes over to Clarke and then the referee intervenes when it escalates. I actually thought players were supposed to address the ref rather than the other player? That’s what Ronnie got criticised for against Mark Allen.

Postby HappyCamper

badtemperedcyril wrote:McGill wouldn’t have noticed if he hadn’t been getting stuffed. In any case, even if it was the case, isn’t he man enough to say to his opponent “stand still please mate”? He put the referee in a unfair situation.

that's part of what the referee is there for.

Postby badtemperedcyril

The players only had their verbal altercation after the ref had spoken to Clarke. I felt Jan handled it all wrong actually. When McGill complained to him he should’ve said “OK, I will keep an eye on him [Clarke] and act if necessary”. As it was, as soon as Clarke returned to the arena Jan steamed into him with a formal warning and instruction to stay seated and still. In so doing he was taking sides with McGill, which he isn’t there to do.

Postby CaldoTheKid

badtemperedcyril wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
badtemperedcyril wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Why?
Err, I don’t like him.

Did he sit down?

Oh please Clarke did the same against Joe Perry and then made the situation worse with the you wanna dance. Guy's a parakeet as far as I'm concerned.

Postby SHIZZLE_ME_DIZZLE

Pink Ball wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Your loss

A magical day of snooker, and some didn't even watch it. rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl