Post a reply

Re: Eurosport doc on 2020 world semi finals

Postby Andre147

I think Murphy said it all about the "Ronnie being disrespectful thing". And don't forget he's a close friend of Selby.

Ronnie produced 3 brilliant last frames of Snooker and that's what matters. :hatoff:

Postby Holden Chinaski

Andre147 wrote:I think Murphy said it all about the "Ronnie being disrespectful thing". And don't forget he's a close friend of Selby.

Ronnie produced 3 brilliant last frames of Snooker and that's what matters. :hatoff:

Yes Murphy was absolutely right.

Postby Pink Ball

Two fantastic matches, but anyone who thinks the McGill-Wilson match was the better of the two is probably on crack cocaine or didn't take Selby losing very well.

McGill-Wilson had the best frame of the day, maybe the best frame of all time, but the O'Sullivan-Selby match was comfortably the better of the two. Magnificent.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Pink Ball wrote:Two fantastic matches, but anyone who thinks the McGill-Wilson match was the better of the two is probably on crack cocaine or didn't take Selby losing very well.

McGill-Wilson had the best frame of the day, maybe the best frame of all time, but the O'Sullivan-Selby match was comfortably the better of the two. Magnificent.

Agreed. In my opinion, it was the best ever.

Postby mantorok

Ronnies point about there not being many opportunities for Selby to win more titles was also interesting. I think this loss is still painful and it’s also not even been a year. There are players in better form right now who have a more reasonable shot.

Postby Andre147

FoulNMiss wrote:Anyone knows if a replay is currently available, on the Eurosport website or elsewhere ? Would be very grateful.

Availabe on the ES Player, you should definately watch it, one of the most incredible days of Snooker we've seen.

Postby TheRocket

mantorok wrote:Ronnies point about there not being many opportunities for Selby to win more titles was also interesting. I think this loss is still painful and it’s also not even been a year. There are players in better form right now who have a more reasonable shot.

The way Selby plays , the age factor will probably kick in even more than it does with other players. Imo it already has to a certain degree because I dont think he'll reach the level or consistency from the 2014-2017 years again. And he will get even more problems once hes in his 40's. In any tournament actually, let alone the Worlds.

Postby Andre147

Imagine both meet in the Semis this year... what a crazy match that would be.. akin to the grudge match between Hendry and O'Sullivan in 2002.

But I'd rather Ronnie played Allen or MJW, never played either at the one table setup. And then Robbo in the Final.

Postby FoulNMiss

Andre147 wrote:
FoulNMiss wrote:Anyone knows if a replay is currently available, on the Eurosport website or elsewhere ? Would be very grateful.

Availabe on the ES Player, you should definately watch it, one of the most incredible days of Snooker we've seen.

I know it, it could even be THE most incredible day of snooker, my hype for this doc is at its max. Unfortunately I don't have Eurosport player, so never mind I guess I will have to wait quite a bit to watch it another way, but thanks for your help.

Postby Andre147

FoulNMiss wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I know it, it could even be THE most incredible day of snooker, my hype for this doc is at its max. Unfortunately I don't have Eurosport player, so never mind I guess I will have to wait quite a bit to watch it another way, but thanks for your help.

I'm sure it will be on Youtube soon, maybe tomorrow so you don't have to wait much.

Postby Iranu

FoulNMiss wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

If you have Amazon Prime you can get a 7 day free trial of Eurosport Player through that. I’m pretty sure you can even get a 30 day free trial of Prime and then get the free trial of the Player.