Post a reply

The Snooker Forum

Postby Holden Chinaski

Is this place finished? Tried to visit it and it said 'this hosting account has been suspended.'

Re: The Snooker Forum

Postby SnookerEd25

With that and Dookery gone, we might be the only game in town...:chin:

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I always preferred to post here anyway.

rofl rofl rofl rofl

I thought you might not have noticed my forum activity due to my modest post count.

Postby Alex0paul

The first salvation after the death of 606

Postby The_Abbott

theres another snooker forum? Do they discuss Tennis and Golf there too?

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:theres another snooker forum? Do they discuss Tennis and Golf there too?

Namely just cue specifications.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

It wasn't working last year but when I looked a few weeks ago it was back but there were no new posts.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:I like that forum, a lot more playing talk... this is sad. It wouldn't have gone under on my watch

Remember that Spot The Deliberate Mistake thread?

Postby Holden Chinaski

Maybe this thread can serve as a welcoming thread for people from TSF moving to the Island. If there are any...

Postby Holden Chinaski

Dan-cat wrote:Yes I just found that, and from there the Facebook group which seems to be active. I've requested to join.

<ok>

There were a lot of knowledgable people on that forum. A bit obsessed with cues.

Postby Dan-cat

Yeah I would dip in and out of there occassionaly to talk about technical aspects of the game. Not for a few years though.

There was a period a few years ago where SI would get very quiet between tournaments, and I just wanted to talk about snooker while bored at work, so would dip in there more.

Then SI really picked up again.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Dan-cat wrote:Yeah I would dip in and out of there occassionaly to talk about technical aspects of the game. Not for a few years though.

There was a period a few years ago where SI would get very quiet between tournaments, and I just wanted to talk about snooker while bored at work, so would dip in there more.

Then SI really picked up again.

When I was looking for a good affordable snooker cue they really helped me and gave me some good tips. Bought a Green Baize cue. Still very happy with it.

Postby Holden Chinaski

badtemperedcyril wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Does anyone have a contact email for them? Or know any of the admins/mods?

I know their Grand Mod

Postby Dan-cat

badtemperedcyril wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Does anyone have a contact email for them? Or know any of the admins/mods?

I know their Grand Mod

Any chance you can ask him what happened to the site? It is a such a great archive of techniques / cue stuff all sorts. I'm sure it's just the hosting / domain name that needs paying.

Postby SnookerEd25

It was up a couple of days ago, I was able to peruse it; but you have to link to it via an existing post or username; searching ‘the snooker forum’ alone, brings you to the page that looks as if it is defunct.

Postby eraserhead

You can look at the google archived version still.

Postby SnookerEd25

eraserhead wrote:You can look at the google archived version still.

Ah, that must be what I did then

Postby eraserhead

SnookerEd25 wrote:
eraserhead wrote:You can look at the google archived version still.

Ah, that must be what I did then

It might help dan contact someone if he looks at that version.