Post a reply

Re: Dave H focus on Ali Carter

Postby Bourne

You still don't get it wild. Watch Davis' performance, especially in the first session but also fighting off the Higgins comeback at the end. Watch it wild, then come back to us.

Postby Wildey

Higgins fightback my ass he missed balls all over the shop thats why Davis could what did you say and i cant believe you said it "FIGHTING OFF A HIGGINS COMEBACK" :scared: holy rubbish.

Postby Wildey

YOU COULD SAY IM A BIT BITTER

i wished to god Hendry Played Davis or Higgins and not Selby in the second round.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:You're unbelievable wild.

no im a realist on Snooker island unlike some living on fantasy Island <ok>

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:You're unbelievable wild.

no im a realist on Snooker island unlike some living on fantasy Island <ok>

a realist on Planet Wild maybe rofl

Postby Wildey

anyway i understand people wanting to go along with the fairytale of Davis beating the WC on the 25th aniversary of 1985 you couldnt make it up you really couldnt but look beyond all that to what happened Had any other player played that bad and won i can guarantee people would point it out but because its Steve its seen as a good performance when it really really wasent.

Postby Roland

You're publically hanging yourself here wild. You won't get a single member coming on here and agreeing with you (aside from WUMs). We all know Higgins wasn't at the races, but we all know and Davis knew that Higgins can turn on the style at any given moment. Davis was under immense pressure and he played the best snooker I've seen him play for years and it was even more impressive given how badly he was playing a year previous to that.

Something tells me that despite years of following snooker, you've never actually been to the Crucible, let alone on the middle Saturday in a crunch match with the whole world watching.

Postby Wildey

i dont care and i really dont if people want to jump aboard the bandwagon that was Davis at sheffield i know the truth and its definitly a million percent not the version ive seen you lot come up with today <ok>

yes ive been to the crucible and yes ive been second week ive not been middle saturday no ive not but i know what the crucible is about and i do not for the life of me know what that has to do with a match between 2 men both men struggled badly John worst than Steve it really is that Easy.

Postby Roland

To be fair I know Higgins was bad but he was clearly under pressure. I still fancied him at 12-11 down though but Steve stood up to the pressure and played really well. I don't see how he couldn't have beaten the Hendry that turned up this year either because I think he could have. And the reason all this off topic stuff started off is because you said he played like a loser which is utter bull.

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:To be fair I know Higgins was bad but he was clearly under pressure. I still fancied him at 12-11 down though but Steve stood up to the pressure and played really well. I don't see how he couldn't have beaten the Hendry that turned up this year either because I think he could have. And the reason all this off topic stuff started off is because you said he played like a loser which is utter bull.

Thats a good point cos Steve played badly in the UK against Hendry last December but still only lost 9-6.

Postby Roland

Ironically, Steve played the worst snooker of his entire career 2 years ago coming up but he somehow managed 2 ranking event quarter-finals in a row which was to be frank, a bucking miracle. Even I could have beaten him around that time he was that bad.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:To be fair I know Higgins was bad but he was clearly under pressure. I still fancied him at 12-11 down though but Steve stood up to the pressure and played really well. I don't see how he couldn't have beaten the Hendry that turned up this year either because I think he could have. And the reason all this off topic stuff started off is because you said he played like a loser which is utter bull.

at 12-11 down John Missed a straight Pot in to the middle pocket when the table was open for a clearance John had enough EASY chances in that match to steamroll him easily.

Hendry played better against Selby than Davis did against Higgins and Hendry only won 5 frames.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Ironically, Steve played the worst snooker of his entire career 2 years ago coming up but he somehow managed 2 ranking event quarter-finals in a row which was to be frank, a bucking miracle. Even I could have beaten him around that time he was that bad.

thanks to Barry Hearn new Ranking system Good Bye quarter finals :clap: <ok>

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Seriously wild, you're embarrassing yourself now. :roll:

no youre the embarasement thinking Steve Played well at the crucible he did not sorry he was rubbish <ok>

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Sonny wrote:Ironically, Steve played the worst snooker of his entire career 2 years ago coming up but he somehow managed 2 ranking event quarter-finals in a row which was to be frank, a bucking miracle. Even I could have beaten him around that time he was that bad.

We'll see Wild, im confident enough to predict that the defeat by Robertson in April wont be the last ever QF of Steves career <ok>

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

We'll see Wild, im confident enough to predict that the defeat by Robertson in April wont be the last ever QF of Steves career <ok>

Look Steve is a legend a Great Player but it was embarasing the masterbation that took place with his avarage performance in reaching a Quarter Final and its even More sickening Tonight about 2 months on You still think it was a good performance boy ohhh boy im flabergasted <doh>

Anyway what started as something else has taken a twist of all twists lol

this is my last word on the matter im getting bored being right and everyone else being cought up in nostalgia of something that wasent there good night <ok>
Last edited by Wildey on 06 Jul 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Bourne

Wild there's a huge difference between a good performance and a loser performance, I can safely say without bias that we are a whole lot closer to the truth than you are.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Wild there's a huge difference between a good performance and a loser performance, I can safely say without bias that we are a whole lot closer to the truth than you are.

na as i said only on fantasy island not on snooker island <ok>

Postby Monique

Wild you really are making a laughing stock of yourself here mate...
As sonny said none of us is claiming Steve played anywhere near his best 80th level. He did play his best for a long time though and certainly played with a winner mentality. Taking the double on this brown, under the circumstances, was tremedous. It was a very positive shot and a winner's one. John didn't play well but that was also partly because Steve managed to keep him under pressure, adding to the pressure of the occasion and the pressure of the Crucible environment at that very moment. It was absolutely electric, incredibly tense and Steve handled it like the champion he is.
If you can't take your hat off to the man it's very, very sad...

Postby N_Castle07

Monique wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:I Just dont get at all this Davis is Entertaining These Days Bolloxx.....If Being a loser is what makes someone entertaining intercourse me no wander Hendry Looking like a miserable git.

He's more fun to watch than Hendry these days, have to be pretty thick-skinned Hendry fan to think otherwise.

As i said he has accepted hes a loser and Hendry would rather poke his eye out than ever conform to that marmite.

Steve Davis really didn't play like a loser against John Higgins last April, Wild, did he? Open your eyes, will you?
There is bravery, not dishonour, in the way Steve copes with inevitable decline. I'm not sure your hero has the intelligence, the humility and the courage for it.
I take no pleasure in seing a man crushed and I took no pleasure in Hendry's hints at retirement after nearly losing to young Zhang, nor did I in his defeat by Selby and his very ungracious reaction to it (ask Suzy!). I really wish he'd go for the "marmite", enjoy himself, give pleasure to the fans and help the game that made him a great. THAT would be great, not the misery I witnessed in Sheff ...

If only Hendry could be more gracious in defeat like O'Sullivan is.

Postby Monique

O'Sullivan in Sheffield did praise Selby's game and wish him well. He was downbeat but gracious in defeat.I was there, Suzy was there and we both saw and heard it.
Hendry was scornfull and rude. To the question about Selby's game his answer was "It's easy to play well when you have no pressure!", with a smirk. When asked how he saw Selby progress through the tournament he answered "Who cares?" full of contempt.
So yes... it would be good if Hendry had been as generous as O' Sullivan was. And it would be only correct but probably less "selling" if the press was a bit more objective when it comes to those two.
There wasn't a word about Hendry's sad attitude and there was plenty of dwelling about inexistant "treaths" of retiring by ROS. Again we both were there and he just didn't say a thing about retiring. Not a thing at all.

ROS isn't always gracious in defeat, none of them is, but he is 95% of the time as you would know if you actually listened to what he says and not go by what a certain press or his haters makes of it. It's common practice to take his quotes out of context for the worse though, it sells. The prime example was his tirade at the Masters in 2009.
Hendry has a history of being a very sore loser and very personal sometimes. His comment about MJA "losing to someone who shouldn't even be in the same room as me" is one of the most disgraceful thing and the most arrogant I've heard in sports. It's not complaining about luck, it's not about the other guy's game ... it's belitteling him as a human being.

Postby Casey

Hendry's comment about MJA, what 17 years ago, if people have to refer to that to slate the man given how long ago that’s not bad. Also another mention on lack of intelligence, well I would disagree, he is certainly more articulate than 70% of the other pros on tour.

Yes he wasn’t very gracious in defeat but I got the feeling he wasn’t happy with the way Mark got on during the match OR something else was bugging him and he let Mark get to him. Either way that’s Stephen’s faults he has been around long enough and should know better.

To be honest I thought Ronnie snapping at Rob Walker live on TV was much worse, but each to their own :huh2: .

Postby N_Castle07

Monique wrote:O'Sullivan in Sheffield did praise Selby's game and wish him well. He was downbeat but gracious in defeat.I was there, Suzy was there and we both saw and heard it.
Hendry was scornfull and rude. To the question about Selby's game his answer was "It's easy to play well when you have no pressure!", with a smirk. When asked how he saw Selby progress through the tournament he answered "Who cares?" full of contempt.
So yes... it would be good if Hendry had been as generous as O' Sullivan was. And it would be only correct but probably less "selling" if the press was a bit more objective when it comes to those two.
There wasn't a word about Hendry's sad attitude and there was plenty of dwelling about inexistant "treaths" of retiring by ROS. Again we both were there and he just didn't say a thing about retiring. Not a thing at all.

ROS isn't always gracious in defeat, none of them is, but he is 95% of the time as you would know if you actually listened to what he says and not go by what a certain press or his haters makes of it. It's common practice to take his quotes out of context for the worse though, it sells. The prime example was his tirade at the Masters in 2009.
Hendry has a history of being a very sore loser and very personal sometimes. His comment about MJA "losing to someone who shouldn't even be in the same room as me" is one of the most disgraceful thing and the most arrogant I've heard in sports. It's not complaining about luck, it's not about the other guy's game ... it's belitteling him as a human being.

Personally saying Hendry is not intelligent enough is belittling him as a human being. And please don’t just assume I read press quotes and take them as gospel because I don’t. I see a lot of interviews from the players on television and I know that written interviews can be spun and misinterpreted. Mon I really like you and think you are one of if not the biggest asset to this site I really really do. But sometimes I think it is unfair that you can say certain things about players and when someone posts something similar but regarding Ronnie you say its wrong and that other top 16 players are no angels and that Ronnie has depression.

Postby Monique

Well fair enough ... other posters tell me it's wrong as well innit? :) No hard feelings on my part, honest.
And equally honest I don't care if Hendry is ungracious at times: it shows how much he cares, how much it hurts him and how hard it hits him not to be able to play to his past standard. I don't care if players, any player, show their humanity and fail to keep their emotions at bay. They ARE no angels, none of them, they are men.
What infuriated me in this particular case was the blatant double standard the press applied, knowing what the result would be. All I ask for is equal treatment for all, and if it was for me this treament would be "let them get it out of their system if they must", especially minutes after a heavy defeat and don't make a big deal out of it.

Postby N_Castle07

Monique wrote:Well fair enough ... other posters tell me it's wrong as well innit? :) No hard feelings on my part, honest.
And equally honest I don't care if Hendry is ungracious at times: it shows how much he cares, how much it hurts him and how hard it hits him not to be able to play to his past standard. I don't care if players, any player, show their humanity and fail to keep their emotions at bay. They ARE no angels, none of them, they are men.
What infuriated me in this particular case was the blatant double standard the press applied, knowing what the result would be. All I ask for is equal treatment for all, and if it was for me this treament would be "let them get it out of their system if they must", especially minutes after a heavy defeat and don't make a big deal out of it.

I totally agree with you Mon the press should be equal. And I’m not trying to defend Hendry some of the things he’s said in his career have been uncalled for and the same goes for O’Sullivan. At times they should both take a leaf out of Davis and J.Higgins book. And I meant what I said about you being a big asset to this site.

Postby SnookerFan

Ha Ha. It says it all about Ali Carter's charisma factor. This is suppsoed to be his thread, yet instead, everybody is talking about Steve Davis, John Higgins, Stephen Hendry, essentially anybody but Ali Carter.

Poor guy.