Re: Dave H focus on Ali Carter

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:Mark Davis is definitely peaking now

no he isnt peaking now total balls.

Not even questionable wild :roll:

not in the slightest peaking now.

he is having a great time yes but its not peaking its just results been going his way and his confident on the high that could have happened in the 90s had he got a run going.

why is he having good results inferiar players playing against him maybe im not saying thats the case but its another angle people convienently try their best to ignore.

Postby Bourne

Highest ranking, highest break, quarter-finals in ranking events, winning a match at the Worlds, winning non-rankers ... tell me what he was doing in the 90s that even sniffs at the being better ?

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Highest ranking, highest break, quarter-finals in ranking events, winning a match at the Worlds, winning non-rankers ... tell me what he was doing in the 90s that even sniffs at the being better ?

as i said Better players Beating him then maybe so he was unable to get on a run he can today.

thats a different angle that people ignore.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:It's also a crappy excuse that i'll ignore :)

what excuse ive excused nothing that how it is.

you cant say hes peaking today without looking at the other side of the coin and say he could have lost to better players 15 years ago that stifled him having todays success then.

Postby Bourne

Tell me what he was doing in the 90s that even sniffs at the being better ?

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Tell me what he was doing in the 90s that even sniffs at the being better ?

better players beat him so he was unable to have the success hes having today ?

Postby Roland

It's wildtime :santa:

Mark Davis is clearly playing the best of his career. He is consistently doing well in every tournament since winning the 6 reds in December. What is wrong in saying this? The word "peaking" is apt because he's putting all his experience and knowledge gained over a lifetime in the middle ranks to good use. It's a shame his nerve left him today but I would think him capable of picking himself up and dusting himself down and doing it all again to get inside the top 16 at the next cut off.

Postby Wildey

but hes far from peaking

maybe standards so rubbish it helps him to play better but its not him peaking thats for a million percent certain.

Postby Monique

wildJONESEYE wrote:but hes far from peaking

maybe standards so poo it helps him to play better but its not him peaking thats for a million percent certain.

Standard isn't poo and if you are honest you will know that. Standard today is far better than in 1990. Today nodody in their 40th survives in the top 8 season after season, not even a 7 times World Champion. Mark Davis is "peaking" now for a number of reasons. To his own admission his motivation has got a big boost with the new opportunities offered on the tour and that has helped him to make a few changes both in his practice and in his life. He's also gained confidence from his six-red victory. He may have been a better player technically before - we don't know - but a player is a package and in snooker the mental side is key.
He is one of those "journeymen" (I hate that term!) who have seized the bull by the horns to make the most of the increased playing opportunities and of the increased money. You've got to hold your hand up and say well done, not to rubbish them.

Postby Wildey

it inst Monique you are seeing something that is not there Burnett a shitty player is in a 2010 Final.

where is the improved standards burnett not better than he was in the 90s he is using experience the same way 80s players was using experience but Hendry was up to it and better than it.

Todays young players wouldn't be at that Level.

Postby Monique

wildJONESEYE wrote:it inst Monique you are seeing something that is not there Burnett a shitty player is in a 2010 Final.

where is the improved standards burnett not better than he was in the 90s he is using experience the same way 80s players was using experience but Hendry was up to it and better than it.

Todays young players wouldn't be at that Level.

There is no young player today as good as Hendry was then, by a long way. On that I agree. But at the same time the opposition Hendry had to face was very poor. The standard in 1990 was very poor. Five or six years later was another story entirely. I'm speaking of the early 90th. Jamie Burnett wasn't even around. He entered the game in the summer of 92 like so many. And then he had to face fellow youngsters like Higgins, ROS and Williams + seasoned player like Hendry, Edbdon, Doherty ...

Postby Wildey

all im saying monique the same way Tony Knowles and Dennis Taylor reached Ranking finals in the early 90s Fergal O'Brian,Dave Harold,Joe Swail and now Jamie Burnett managed it in late 2000s.

Experience Players can do it at snooker that doesent mean they were Playing Better just differently.

But People Beat down the 90s with Gary Wilkinson,Alain Robidoux,Darren Morgan etc but these players was no worst than Jamie Burnett and id say they were better than Jamie Burnett has ever been.

Postby Wildey

how ironic it would be that the only tournaments Carter actually won came against 2 players making their debut after 18 years on tour.

Postby Monique

wildJONESEYE wrote:how ironic it would be that the only tournaments Carter actually won came against 2 players making their debut after 18 years on tour.

And that would devaluate his victory? Get real ... if he gets there he will have beaten Selby in the semis. That's as good as any final.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:how ironic it would be that the only tournaments Carter actually won came against 2 players making their debut after 18 years on tour.

And that would devaluate his victory? Get real ... if he gets there he will have beaten Selby in the semis. That's as good as any final.

no nothing devalues anyone ever ever winning a ranking tournament.

but i know of a lot of people that devalued the Robbo barhain championship and ive NEVER Fallen in to that camp.

the winner wins because they the best player during that week or 2 weeks.

Postby Roland

or had a nice draw like Robbo at this years worlds and Bahrain with the best players not in town

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:or had a nice draw like Robbo at this years worlds and Bahrain with the best players not in town

you see i find that comment very disrespectful to the sport.

best players wins tournaments at any given time ...

you could say if selby wins this hes had it lucky both Ronnie and Higgins out and played a old fart in the final but i don't and never will look at it like that.

who ever wins was the best player

Postby Roland

jadechelsea is a better predictor than you that's for sure :santa:

Postby Roland

your welcome jadechelsea - you are doing very well and have a chance of winning tomorrow so well done and well done for picking Carter. It's between you and Stalin I think now.

Postby Wildey

jadechelsea wrote:thank you very much i am getting nervous now i might take a few hours deciding tomorrows scoreline! :|

easy as hell for me burnett to win <laugh>

Postby Wildey

jadechelsea wrote:thanks for being on my side sonny. it takes me ages to decide sometimes. i have to think about it a lot.

i was not having a go at you lol

:)

Postby GJ

Sonny wrote:or had a nice draw like Robbo at this years worlds and Bahrain with the best players not in town

:bs:

the top 4 didnt perform for various reaosns this week

ronnie and higgins , robbo and ding

selby had a big chance but blewit

1 ranking title says it all

over rated :afro:

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

I'm just pleased that a beautiful cueist as Ali Carter is, is through.

I Love his cue action.