Post a reply

Re: Dave H focus on Ali Carter

Postby Bourne

Well i'm speaking more about the last couple of years, it's actually Davis who is more fun to watch now than Hendry and yes that wouldn't have necessarily been the case in their 'hay' days because they were both so intent on winning no matter what. Carter does show expression when he's struggling in matches though, i've definitely noticed that, but then that's the case for all players really.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Well i'm speaking more about the last couple of years, it's actually Davis who is more fun to watch now than Hendry and yes that wouldn't have necessarily been the case in their 'hay' days because they were both so intent on winning no matter what. Carter does show expression when he's struggling in matches though, i've definitely noticed that, but then that's the case for all players really.

buck Off Davis more fun to watch buck me Scratching about playing rubbish for fun Hendry Blindfolded Today is a better player than Davis..

Hes More Boring than hes ever been and that sais a lot...

Yes hes a Legend but Poking my eyes out with a Dart is more fun lol

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:Well i'm speaking more about the last couple of years, it's actually Davis who is more fun to watch now than Hendry and yes that wouldn't have necessarily been the case in their 'hay' days because they were both so intent on winning no matter what. Carter does show expression when he's struggling in matches though, i've definitely noticed that, but then that's the case for all players really.

intercourse Off Davis more fun to watch intercourse me Scratching about playing poo for fun Hendry Blindfolded Today is a better player than Davis..

Davis is far more entertaining to watch than Hendry these days, Hendry just mopes about the table in an increasingly manic state of depression whilst Davis at least interacts with the crowd and accepts his heyday is over.

Postby Wildey

Jesus Christ You 2 must be Blind as Bats Entertainment Wise i have Davis in the PIOS for the last 5 years.

a depressed Hendry on suicide watch is more entertaining than Davis was in the 80s

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:Jesus Christ You 2 must be Blind as Bats Entertainment Wise i have Davis in the PIOS for the last 5 years.

a depressed Hendry on suicide watch is more entertaining than Davis was in the 80s

Davis played the part of the pantomine villian in the 80s, that was his character! But once his decline set in, the shackles were off and he was free to show his funny alter ego too.

Maybe Davis was boring but at least now he isnt.

Hendry was boring, still is boring and always will be boring. Dour Jocko :huh:

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:

intercourse Off Davis more fun to watch intercourse me Scratching about playing poo for fun Hendry Blindfolded Today is a better player than Davis..

Wild put your seatbelt on for one second ... I never said Davis was better than Hendry, yesterday, tomorrow, 20 years ago ... I never said that.

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:But it's not like Carter is the most boring player though, Hendry/Day/Fu/Murphy ... all more robotic than Carter at the table IMO.

I'd rather watch any combination of Fu, Murphy or Hendry play then Carter.

Postby Wildey

I Just dont get at all this Davis is Entertaining These Days Bolloxx.....If Being a loser is what makes someone entertaining buck me no wander Hendry Looking like a miserable git.

Postby Monique

SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:But it's not like Carter is the most boring player though, Hendry/Day/Fu/Murphy ... all more robotic than Carter at the table IMO.

I'd rather watch any combination of Fu, Murphy or Hendry play then Carter.

Well I suppose it's each their own. Me it's Fu I can't stand. He's a nice guy and all but just can't watch him.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:I Just dont get at all this Davis is Entertaining These Days Bolloxx.....If Being a loser is what makes someone entertaining intercourse me no wander Hendry Looking like a miserable git.

He's more fun to watch than Hendry these days, have to be pretty thick-skinned Hendry fan to think otherwise.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:I Just dont get at all this Davis is Entertaining These Days Bolloxx.....If Being a loser is what makes someone entertaining intercourse me no wander Hendry Looking like a miserable git.

He's more fun to watch than Hendry these days, have to be pretty thick-skinned Hendry fan to think otherwise.

As i said he has accepted hes a loser and Hendry would rather poke his eye out than ever conform to that marmite.

and BTW Seeing Him play doesn't float my boat one bit i find it sad not entertaining that a great player missing easy balls playing rubbish snooker

Postby Bourne

Hendry misses balls and keeps the same sour face, Davis at least shows expression.

Postby Monique

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:

As i said he has accepted hes a loser and Hendry would rather poke his eye out than ever conform to that marmite.

Steve Davis really didn't play like a loser against John Higgins last April, Wild, did he? Open your eyes, will you?
There is bravery, not dishonour, in the way Steve copes with inevitable decline. I'm not sure your hero has the intelligence, the humility and the courage for it.
I take no pleasure in seing a man crushed and I took no pleasure in Hendry's hints at retirement after nearly losing to young Zhang, nor did I in his defeat by Selby and his very ungracious reaction to it (ask Suzy!). I really wish he'd go for the "marmite", enjoy himself, give pleasure to the fans and help the game that made him a great. THAT would be great, not the misery I witnessed in Sheff ...

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:

and BTW Seeing Him play doesn't float my boat one bit i find it sad not entertaining that a great player missing easy balls playing poo snooker

you must find it sad watching Hendry then rofl

Postby Roland

I thought you'd have the swear filter turned off witz :redneck:

Postby Wildey

monique

in the higgins davis match both played like losers ...

2 much been made of Steve in that match he was rubbish but john just out shitted him.

Postby Roland

Steve Davis played like a loser in his win over Higgins at the Crucible? What a load of bullocks wild.

Postby Wildey

jesus christ did you see his match at all or was you as blinded by 1985 as the comentators was ?

he was useless it took a woefully off form Higgins to push him to 13-11.

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:monique

2 much been made of Steve in that match he was rubbish but john just out shitted him.

Steve rolled back the years to go 6-2 ahead with some great breaks.

And he held his nerve as Higgins closed the gap and the tension rose in the latter stages. Ive been to plenty of snooker matches but the last few frames of that match were amongst the most tense and dramatic ever inside the Crucible, as the story of the match unfolded the buzz intensified and even the way Steve held his nerve to double the brown then pot the blue, pink and black to seal victory would have been a tall ask to any players lacking bottle.

Postby Wildey

Christ roll back the years rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

was that the standard steve played at in the 80s buck me the others must be dead.

Postby Bourne

Wild you have some weird assertion that these greats of today, if they don't play the same level as they did in their heyday that they must be playing bull or something ... Watch the match again, Davis was playing superbly, frustratingly so as a Higgins supporter I was.

Postby Wildey

anyway this is not a topic on Davis Dave wouldnt bother focusing on Steve <laugh>

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:Christ roll back the years rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

was that the standard steve played at in the 80s buck me the others must be dead.

You claimed Hendry rolled back the years when he beat Harold 5-1 at the Welsh last season, yes he scored heavily among the balls but that was almost like a practice game for him given how woeful Harold played that night.

Postby Monique

2 much been made of Steve in that match he was poo but john just out shitted him.

:huh: What can you answer to that? You're unreal Wild...
Steve played his heart out and Higgins hated every minute of it!
I was in the arena when Steve doubled that brown and that was an unforgettable moment for all those who were there. It was pure bravery.
Watch it again http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYqCTMRWou8

Postby Witz78

Monique wrote:

2 much been made of Steve in that match he was poo but john just out shitted him.

:huh: What can you answer to that? You're unreal Wild...
Steve played his heart out and Higgins hated every minute of it!
I was in the arena when Steve doubled that brown and that was an unforgettable moment for all those who were there. It was pure bravery.
Watch it again http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYqCTMRWou8

Yes i was in line with the middle pocket he doubled it into about 7 rows up and i remember thinking before it, please take the risk and take the double on as the last 3 colours were set up perfect but i still feared he would play safe instead, then even with the final black i dreaded him bottling that, what a moment it was indeed when he sunk it and the audience rose to their feet and Davis stood there bewildered thinking about what he had just done.

Im sure if Hendry knocks out the reigning world champion and provisional world number 1, in the second round of the Crucible in 2022 that Wild will claim it was still a poooooooooooo performance........ <doh>

Postby Wildey

Im Being Honest Now even if i was a bit jokey earlier.

I was shocked the comentators made a big deal of the Davis inept Performance and im Even more Shocked after months people still see it through Rose Coloured Specs.

John Higgins Played his Worst World Championship match since his debut in 1995 when he played Mcmanus it was totally unreal the balls he missed that even some idiots online comented when the NOTW Story broke thinking his Match with Davis was a Match he threw his play was that bad.