Post a reply

Re: The "Worst" player that has won all 3 triple crown event

Postby Holden Chinaski

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:A 73-year-old Terry Griffiths would still beat Johnny B with one arm tied behind his back, even on a Brazilian miniature table. He would put the cue ball safe every time, Johnny wouldn't pot a ball. Terry knows more about the game of snooker than Johnny knows anything about anything.

Johnny, you can't brag about being a good player and being better than Terry Griffiths without showing us some proof.

Don't worry, I will soon enough.

Footage still pending.

Re: The "Worst" player that has won all 3 triple crown event

Postby SnookerFan

shanew48 wrote:It was all very unfortunate how everything panned out in that 2005 WC, I saw an interview with Murphy years later where he said that he had accepted a job as a used car salesman just prior to the WC qualifiers so he was going to pack the game in.

Obviously he went on to qualify and then basically had a purple patch where all of the long pots just kept going in, I'm sure he was helped by the fact that he was relatively unknown to the top players at that time that they didn't have time to figure him out well enough over that 17 day period, also he came up against a nice opponent in Stevens in the final.

Like I say all very unfortunate as we have all have had to contend with his condescension for the last 16 years as a consequence, whereas if he hadn't even qualified that year the only people who would have had to endure Mr condescension would have been prostitutes and anyone searching for a reasonably price saloon! Although no doubt even those short interactions would have felt like 16 years!

Bloody amateurs.

Playing without fear.