Post a reply

Re: The "Worst" player that has won all 3 triple crown event

Postby SnookerFan

badtemperedcyril wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
badtemperedcyril wrote:100% Murphy. He shouldn't even have won the UK - fluked match ball in the decider.

Proves what a tool JB is, not that further evidence was required - the Smurph isn’t fit to lace Griffiths’ boots. Terry is a class act in every respect.

This isn't about who's a class act, it's about who's better between the 2, and that's Smurf.

Even I have a very good chance of beating Griffiths, let alone Smurf.
Well Terry is 73 years old and hasn't played for over ten years so big deal.

:bum:

rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:
badtemperedcyril wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
badtemperedcyril wrote:100% Murphy. He shouldn't even have won the UK - fluked match ball in the decider.

Proves what a tool JB is, not that further evidence was required - the Smurph isn’t fit to lace Griffiths’ boots. Terry is a class act in every respect.

This isn't about who's a class act, it's about who's better between the 2, and that's Smurf.

Well Terry is 73 years old and hasn't played for over ten years so big deal.

:bum:

I'm talking about a young version of Griffiths.

It is impossible for you to beat a young Griffiths, as it is impossible for you to play him at any age other than his current one.

Lawyered.

Postby Holden Chinaski

A 73-year-old Terry Griffiths would still beat Johnny B with one arm tied behind his back, even on a Brazilian miniature table. He would put the cue ball safe every time, Johnny wouldn't pot a ball. Terry knows more about the game of snooker than Johnny knows anything about anything.

Johnny, you can't brag about being a good player and being better than Terry Griffiths without showing us some proof.

Postby Prop

Holden Chinaski wrote:A 73-year-old Terry Griffiths would still beat Johnny B with one arm tied behind his back, even on a Brazilian miniature table. He would put the cue ball safe every time, Johnny wouldn't pot a ball. Terry knows more about the game of snooker than Johnny knows anything about anything.

Johnny, you can't brag about being a good player and being better than Terry Griffiths without showing us some proof.

:goodpost:

When we see this video of Johnny knocking tons in (with the odd reverse massé thrown in) I’ll take what he says seriously.

Until then, I take what he says as utter fantasy.

Postby Prop

Alex0paul wrote:I always think that story about Murphy quitting and getting a job as complete bullocks.

You could definitely see him as a car salesman though. Lots of slimy patter <laugh>

Postby SnookerEd25

Prop wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:I always think that story about Murphy quitting and getting a job as complete bullocks.

You could definitely see him as a car salesman though. Lots of slimy patter <laugh>

I can see him as a TV Evangelist... :bowdown:

Postby Dragonfly

Just thinking of players who won triple crown events. Not all 3 but those who won at least 1. Surely the worst must be Perrie Mans who won the Masters. Without making a 50 break. I know all sports change and improve over time. But you'd barely win a frame in the Masters nowadays without making a 50 let alone the whole event.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Holden Chinaski wrote:A 73-year-old Terry Griffiths would still beat Johnny B with one arm tied behind his back, even on a Brazilian miniature table. He would put the cue ball safe every time, Johnny wouldn't pot a ball. Terry knows more about the game of snooker than Johnny knows anything about anything.

Don't worry, I will soon enough.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Johnny Bravo wrote:

You will show us some footage of you making century breaks on a full-size table? Excellent! :hatoff:

Postby Dan-cat

Reg Varney wrote:Murphy for me.

I think that people automatically dismiss Griffiths, forgetting what a good player he actually was.

Totally agree, I was there watching and he was a beast. Slow, but attacking and brilliant. The problem, for his career, was that he kept coming up against the Nugget in semis etc.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
chengdufan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I once played a best of nine, and made four 147s and a 155. <ok>

There's a golf thread, please use it.

rofl rofl rofl

Are we doing a funniest post of the year award this year? I nominate that.

Yes. There’s a thread for remembering funniest moments. Please use it: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=10451

Postby SnookerEd25

Dan-cat wrote:
Reg Varney wrote:Murphy for me.

I think that people automatically dismiss Griffiths, forgetting what a good player he actually was.

Totally agree, I was there watching and he was a beast. Slow, but attacking and brilliant. The problem, for his career, was that he kept coming up against the Nugget in semis etc.

Thankfully for him, he never came up against Johnny B :phew:

Postby mantorok

Johnny Bravo wrote:

You mean you're working out how to edit videos successfully?

Postby SnookerFan

mantorok wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

You mean you're working out how to edit videos successfully?

He's currently reading a book called Snooker For Dummies.

Postby sas6789

Johnny Bravo wrote:

Yeah and i'm dating Megan Fox.

Postby Iranu

sas6789 wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

Yeah and i'm dating Megan Fox.

Remember when we met up and I gave you guys an Indecent Proposal-like offer?

Unfortunately there was Zero Fox Given.