Post a reply

The dynamic of the friendships?

Postby shanew48

So Maguire presumably still hates Murphy but Allen is Friends with Murphy, did I dream it or did Murphy forget his chalk reasonably recently and his opponent simply let him go and get it without making any fuss?

Re: The dynamic of the friendships?

Postby SnookerFan

shanew48 wrote:So Maguire presumably still hates Murphy but Allen is Friends with Murphy, did I dream it or did Murphy forget his chalk reasonably recently and his opponent simply let him go and get it without making any fuss?

Yeah, but Murphy "didn't really" make a fuss with Maguire.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/02/19/shaun-mu ... -14109516/

:chin:

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
shanew48 wrote:So Maguire presumably still hates Murphy but Allen is Friends with Murphy, did I dream it or did Murphy forget his chalk reasonably recently and his opponent simply let him go and get it without making any fuss?

First he says he just asked the ref where Maguire was, then he says he discussed the rules with the ref :chin:

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:But as you can read the ref had no influence in docking the frame, tournament director Len Ganley did it. If you read to the end. I realise that the article is quite long and in small letters :-P

I did read it. I’m saying if he can’t keep straight what he discussed with the ref, how am I supposed to believe what else he is!

I’m poking fun by the way, I don’t really give a rubbish either way <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

It did seem an odd time for Murphy to bring it up, as well.

I know it was shortly before he played Maguire, but it's not like that was the first time they played since it happened. If he was so bothered about setting the record straight, why not explain what happened as soon as possible after the event? Why wait for more than a decade and a half to announce it?

If he didn't care about setting the record straight, there's no need to mention it at all.

Postby TheRocket

Holden Chinaski wrote:Stephen Maguire and Shaun Murphy are two of the nicest chaps you could ever wish to meet.

I actually think its true with Maguire. Everyone seems to say he is a very good guy off the table. And someone you can hang with.
Last edited by TheRocket on 23 Feb 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Holden Chinaski

TheRocket wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Stephen Maguire and Shaun Murphy are two of the nicest chaps you could ever wish to meet.

I actually think its true with Maguire. Everyone seems to say he is a very good guy off the table. And someone you can hang with.

Shaun Murphy is brilliant and awesome.

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

Shaun Murphy is brilliant and awesome.

rofl

I’m sure Murphy’s a decent guy to be fair.

Postby shanew48

SnookerFan wrote:

So translated, he was making sure the ref was aware of the rule just in case the tournament director didn't act, such a sneaky weasel, no wonder even his own Mother run away from him, she couldn't take anymore of the snide conduct and condescension!!