Post a reply

Re: ATWSC Quarter Final: Fred Davis v Ronnie O'Sullivan

Postby Cloud Strife

Iranu wrote:
LDS wrote:
Iranu wrote:We think nothing.

I already told you. We know what happened.

So... what happened?

In your opinion.

You can find out for yourself. As I said, it’s been posted elsewhere. We know what happened.

Alternatively you can go satisfy your male urge.

Did you just assume his gender? :gag:

Postby LDS

Iranu wrote:You can find out for yourself. As I said, it’s been posted elsewhere. We know what happened.

So what you're saying is you can't remember where on the site it was talked about, but you read something that gave a reason and you accepted that reason but you can't remember what that reason is and by being ever more aggressive you might be able to make me look like an a-hole to hide the fact that you temporarily are struggling to find where the real reason is written?

Postby Pink Ball

LDS wrote:
Iranu wrote:You can find out for yourself. As I said, it’s been posted elsewhere. We know what happened.

So what you're saying is you can't remember where on the site it was talked about, but you read something that gave a reason and you accepted that reason but you can't remember what that reason is and by being ever more aggressive you might be able to make me look like an a-hole to hide the fact that you temporarily are struggling to find where the real reason is written?

Why do you want to know? I thought you already knew? You seemed so certain?

Postby LDS

Pink Ball wrote:Why do you want to know? I thought you already knew? You seemed so certain?

Yes, I wrote "wot I thought" was the facts of the matter. I then got aggressively challenged. But nothing has refuted "wot I thought", other than a repetition of the very vague term 'Sabotage', which, by itself, is not an informative statement.

Postby Iranu

LDS wrote:

Oh, no. No, not at all. I know exactly where it was posted and it’s also been discussed elsewhere between members. Several of us noticed before the post I’m referring to was even made.

Unfortunately for you I’m under no obligation to do your work for you. You posted an unsubstantiated claim that, also unfortunately for you, we know to be false.

I’ll say it once more for those in the back: we KNOW what happened.

I have no need to make you look like an a-hole. You really need to just accept that you don’t know everything there is to know on this one.

Postby LDS

Iranu wrote:Oh, no. No, not at all. I know exactly where it was posted and it’s also been discussed elsewhere between members. Several of us noticed before the post I’m referring to was even made.

Unfortunately for you I’m under no obligation to do your work for you. You posted an unsubstantiated claim that, also unfortunately for you, we know to be false.

I’ll say it once more for those in the back: we KNOW what happened.

I have no need to make you look like an a-hole. You really need to just accept that you don’t know everything there is to know on this one.

So now you're doubling down on the fact that you really can't remember and that possibly the discussion that you're referring to doesn't actually have any factual information in it either?

Postby Iranu

LDS wrote:So now you're doubling down on the fact that you really can't remember and that possibly the discussion that you're referring to doesn't actually have any factual information in it either?

I’m literally saying the opposite of that.

Postby Pink Ball

LDS wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Why do you want to know? I thought you already knew? You seemed so certain?

Yes, I wrote "wot I thought" was the facts of the matter. I then got aggressively challenged. But nothing has refuted "wot I thought", other than a repetition of the very vague term 'Sabotage', which, by itself, is not an informative statement.

This is what actually happened.

Four matches were ongoing at once. Within a very short space of time, about 20 minutes, exactly 13 people had voted for the less-fancied selection on each of the four matches. That was suspicious.

It also coincided with the visit of a former forum user to these shores before he was quickly scrubbed out of the only account that made it through the moderation screen. This account was one of many, many accounts that signed up for this forum within an unusually narrow time period. So several of us forum users discussed the matter and brought it to a moderator.

In this timeframe, while still awaiting a moderator's confirmation, I took the logical decision to switch to comment voting instead as a precaution.

After this moderator investigated the matter, it was quickly confirmed that, yes, the polls had been sabotaged by one visitor.

Check where you're sticking your cockerel in future. Because I am a bucking blender.

Postby LDS

Iranu wrote:
LDS wrote:So now you're doubling down on the fact that you really can't remember and that possibly the discussion that you're referring to doesn't actually have any factual information in it either?

Then why not just type what you believe the reason was? What's with all the smarminess?

Postby Iranu

LDS wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Then why not just type what you believe the reason was? What's with all the smarminess?

I told you what happened, sweetie. The polls were sabotaged.

Postby LDS

Pink Ball wrote:This is what actually happened.

Four matches were ongoing at once. Within a very short space of time, about 20 minutes, exactly 13 people had voted for the less-fancied selection on each of the four matches. That was suspicious.

It also coincided with the visit of a former forum user to these shores before he was quickly scrubbed out of the only account that made it through the moderation screen. This account was one of many, many accounts that signed up for this forum within an unusually narrow time period. So several of us forum users discussed the matter and brought it to a moderator.

In this timeframe, while still awaiting a moderator's confirmation, I took the logical decision to switch to comment voting instead as a precaution.

After this moderator investigated the matter, it was quickly confirmed that, yes, the polls had been sabotaged by one visitor.

Awesome, thanks for clearing that up. That makes a lot of sense. So it was similar in a way to a spambot. It was a spam-account-troll-thing.

Phew! That was a struggle! But we got there in the end! <ok>

Pink Ball wrote:Check where you're sticking your cockerel in future. Because I am a bucking blender.

Still with the over-aggression tho :-(

Postby Pink Ball

LDS wrote:Still with the over-aggression tho :-(

LDS wrote:The true story was that two of the polls did not meet with Pink's expectation of a correct result and so he gerrymandered the real estate so that only people who bother actually posting on the site can vote

Chat rubbish, get banged.

Postby LDS

Holden Chinaski wrote::bags:

No bags here, just tryin' to find out what's going on :shrug: :shrug:

All I saw was one poll giving a result Pink didn't like and them him announcing the cancellation of polls. Seemed like a perfectly logical thing to think. At no point in these poll threads has the matter been discussed or mentioned, at least of all those I've seen. Who knows were this above 'discussion' took place nor why it was so difficult to talk about :shrug: :shrug:

Postby Iranu

LDS wrote:Phew! That was a struggle! But we got there in the end! <ok>

You could have gotten there much earlier if you had just accepted that we actually knew what happened, and asked me on that basis. Because I wouldn’t have told you that we knew if we didn’t know. But you consistently and persistently refused to accept that. You also wilfully and deliberately misinterpreted my simple words and then accused me of doubling down on your own misinterpretations.

All you had to do was ask, “How were they sabotaged?” That’s all.

But that would betray that there was something about which you didn’t know everything.

Good for thought, perhaps. Something to consider in future.

Postby Pink Ball

LDS wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote::bags:

No bags here, just tryin' to find out what's going on :shrug: :shrug:

All I saw was one poll giving a result Pink didn't like and them him announcing the cancellation of polls. Seemed like a perfectly logical thing to think. At no point in these poll threads has the matter been discussed or mentioned, at least of all those I've seen. Who knows were this above 'discussion' took place nor why it was so difficult to talk about :shrug: :shrug:

You not knowing didn't stop you posting the 'true story' though.

Postby LDS

Pink Ball wrote:Chat rubbish, get banged.

:shrug:

If you want to be technical, even knowing the actual truth, wot I said is still factually correct, in that if this spammer-account-troll-thingy had voted in a way that you agreed with you probably wouldn't have changed anything and it was only the fact that the polls were going against what you wanted them to be that made you sit up and take notice.

If you'd let the whole forum know about it, you know, with, like another thread about it, we probably would have all agreed that XYZ polls were shams and that we'd all have accepted re-running those polls and gone on from there.

But, sure, you do you! It's all good <ok>

Postby Iranu

LDS wrote:

If you want to be technical, even knowing the actual truth, wot I said is still factually correct, in that if this spammer-account-troll-thingy had voted in a way that you agreed with you probably wouldn't have changed anything and it was only the fact that the polls were going against what you wanted them to be that made you sit up and take notice.

If you'd let the whole forum know about it, you know, with, like another thread about it, we probably would have all agreed that XYZ polls were shams and that we'd all have accepted re-running those polls and gone on from there.

But, sure, you do you! It's all good <ok>

Lol

Postby Pink Ball

LDS wrote:

If you want to be technical, even knowing the actual truth, wot I said is still factually correct.

Not at all.

You said I changed it because two results did not go the way I thought they should. This is factually incorrect.

I am guessing you are referring to Neil Robertson's two defeats. I didn't agree with those two results, but I didn't suspect foul play, just piss-taking. They didn't make me change the system, nor was I considering changing the system at that point.

I changed it after I (and others) spotted a very obviously concerted attempt by one person to sabotage not two but four polls. These polls had been open for a very short time, and they certainly were not results.

The reason I did not post a thread explaining it is we are obliged by the moderators not to give this person attention. This person was clearly stalking the forum at that time, so me posting an explainer would have had me in trouble with the moderators. For the record, I agree with their system of dealing with this individual.

I may actually be punished for even going into this level of detail on the matter, but I did feel the need to do so after someone posted a 'true story' which didn't reflect well on me.

Postby LDS

Well I certainly hope you don't get admonished for talking about it and, yes, the truth is always preferable to people spreading false rumours, that I can wholeheartedly agree with.

So to the moderators, yes, you can see how keeping schtum in this matter has caused as much if not more trouble than whatever trouble you might have been expecting from the spam-troll-account-thingy, so I hope in this case you can act with due rationality.

Postby Pink Ball

LDS wrote:Well I certainly hope you don't get admonished for talking about it and, yes, the truth is always preferable to people spreading false rumours, that I can wholeheartedly agree with.

So to the moderators, yes, you can see how keeping schtum in this matter has caused as much if not more trouble than whatever trouble you might have been expecting from the spam-troll-account-thingy, so I hope in this case you can act with due rationality.

I don't blame the moderators for someone spreading false 'truths'. Most people can control themselves. And if I were to be punished, I'd take it on the chin, because I believe their system is by far the most effective way of dealing with this issue. I think most regular users on here agree with me on that.

Postby LDS

Pink Ball wrote:I don't blame the moderators for someone spreading false 'truths'. Most people can control themselves. And if I were to be punished, I'd take it on the chin, because I believe their system is by far the most effective way of dealing with this issue. I think most regular users on here agree with me on that.

Jeezus f...

Postby Iranu

LDS wrote:
McManusFan wrote:Maybe you shouldn't start 'false rumours' then?

Oh ffs <laugh>

As far as I was aware, the idea that it was 'sabotaged' was a 'false rumour' <laugh>

Please, curtail your desire to kill for just a day or so?

I told you repeatedly it wasn’t a rumour.

You weren’t interested.

Postby LDS

Iranu wrote:
LDS wrote:

Oh ffs <laugh>

As far as I was aware, the idea that it was 'sabotaged' was a 'false rumour' <laugh>

You weren’t interested.

Postby Iranu

LDS wrote:
Iranu wrote:
LDS wrote:

Oh ffs <laugh>

You weren’t interested.

<ok>