Phil Studd
17%

Total votes : 24

Re: Who is the superior commentator?

Postby cupotee

SnookerFan wrote:
cupotee wrote:hector nunns

He is not one of the choices.

sorry about 2012 , can't get him out of my mind , like john rambo at the end of first blood .

Postby badtemperedcyril

Studd is a professional sports commentator - very good at opening and closing the frame and making structured analysis. Yates, the ultimate statto and a genuinely decent guy but a terrible delivery. It’s those annoying pauses and then his voice goes up at the end of each sentence.

Postby McManusFan

badtemperedcyril wrote:Studd is a professional sports commentator - very good at opening and closing the frame and making structured analysis. Yates, the ultimate statto and a genuinely decent guy but a terrible delivery. It’s those annoying pauses and then his voice goes up at the end of each sentence.

If you listen to Yates on the snooker scene podcast, his voice isn't at all annoying. I wish he'd bring that more conversational delivery to his commetary.

Postby Iranu

McManusFan wrote:
badtemperedcyril wrote:Studd is a professional sports commentator - very good at opening and closing the frame and making structured analysis. Yates, the ultimate statto and a genuinely decent guy but a terrible delivery. It’s those annoying pauses and then his voice goes up at the end of each sentence.

If you listen to Yates on the snooker scene podcast, his voice isn't at all annoying. I wish he'd bring that more conversational delivery to his commetary.

It’s still a bit annoying.

Postby badtemperedcyril

McManusFan wrote:

I can get that. Instead of his commentary comprising of lots of mini statements he’d do better to imagine he was sitting in the pub chatting to his mates, rather Pulman-esque.
Last edited by badtemperedcyril on 06 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby McManusFan

Iranu wrote:
McManusFan wrote:

It’s still a bit annoying.

Well it's not the aural bathtime you get listening to Angles or Terry Griffiths, but it's just a normal voice.

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:I voted for Studd, we should also do a vote between 10 commentators and see which one is the best :)

Virgo’s not winning, Judders; get over it :no:

:chuckle:

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:I voted for Studd, we should also do a vote between 10 commentators and see which one is the best :)

He has a reasonable chance :)

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:

He has a reasonable chance :)

Of beating Yates maybe.

Not if beating anybody good.

Postby Iranu

Iranu wrote:We should send this poll to Eurosport.

Actually scratch that, I don’t want them hiring Yates either.