Post a reply

Re: 147s not really a big deal anymore?

Postby badtemperedcyril

Splitting the pack is so easy now they often find a maxi presented to them on a plate. Bring back proper cloths (with a nap) - that will increase the skill level required to manoeuvre the cue-ball around and make big breaks. Watch a Ray Reardon or Alex Higgins century break - they were real craftsmen.

Re: 147s not really a big deal anymore?

Postby TheSaviour

It still is, as many of them basically always chickening out the prospect of it. A decision to take and to make; to take a bit pace out of a cue ball and hold it to black or to pick a pink or a blue next.. Lads like David Gilbert, Mike Dunn, Barry Hawkins or Jak Jones usually kicks of so brightly a 147 efforts, only to turn it down.. Usually sooner than later.

Is Ronnie O´Sullivan still a big deal? No more any really ruthless displays. Just a one trademark century per match, if it goes "well". His almost mindless cue ball bashing against Mark Selby during the Worlds semifinal, his seemingly dumb argument with Mark Allen, his time-wasting against Judd Trump. Everyone just needed to know that Ronnie lately hasn´t been practising much, so the whole world just needed to know that and so he practised against Judd Trump. His chickeking out against Stephen Hendry, even while during the time Ronnie was just a bit better snooker player. His withdrawal from the Masters. So Stepthen Maguire got his place! Great thinking, and once again a fair play! The Worlds is always an utterly rubbish tournament. As well as the UK is, just because the genius fancies the Worlds a bit more.

He has an every right to do those things, as many of them can´t play at all. Basically. Is Ronnie O´Sullivan thinking anything out of the snooker-table? He seems to be on all over place at the moment.

Will we witness something special now? I hardly think so.

I personally think those max-efforts has a much to do if they have calculated it COULD happen now.. A much to do with what the people label as a confidence. Let´s take a number 4. Ok, number might happen 1/3, and he cashes out. He can´t take it on 3/3, because it just ain´t happening always, it statistically happens only 1/3. Jak Jones is 0,9 probability. The odds are good enough, statistically. JUST that they or I "could" (=should) take it on only 9/10. Because, statistically it ain´t happening 10/10.

Rite. Hopefully got it. Just personally can´t understand why the people can´t see a difference between a number and a person, a sports person or a sports team. So regarding the scores of people, I can and may play the lotteries, as long as I won´t be taking those same numbers on on each time, as 1/3 is a more like a truth. Yes, I even personally agree with that! But why all them could take FC Liverpool, for example, on on each time?? The odds always are good enough, yes. But those are with those numbers also!

A bit controversial. Everything can´t be just calculated; I mean when to take something on. It is a big part of the truth, I agree with that. But still, come on.. Each time taking something on as the odds just are good enough, when everything point out it ain´t happening on each time, and the top of it, they are humans as well.

The really sad thing about Ronnie O´Sullivan is that he ain´t taking any efforts on. At least I always write negatively of him, he could and should take some efforts on, no matter how painfull it might be.