Post a reply

Cao Yupeng ban ending soon

Postby mack501

Cao Yupeng's ban for match fixing ends next Tuesday.

Do you see him returning to the main tour via Q School next season?

Will be the player who reached two ranking finals or a shadow of his former self.

How do you see that going?
Last edited by mack501 on 16 Nov 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Cao Yupeng ban ending soon

Postby TheRocket

He is 30 years old which is still pretty young. If he puts in 100% effort he should be able to get back to the level which got him to two finals.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:He is 30 years old which is still pretty young. If he puts in 100% effort he should be able to get back to the level which got him to two finals.

Same with Jamie Jones who recently returned.

I think they can still have good results after their bans, obviously Yupeng was longer but both aren't old, unlike Stephen Lee who will be 50.

Postby HappyCamper

I think I read somewhere that he was planning to try and requalify. Might be affected by how Q school is organised next year, whether we get an Asian Q school.

Jamie Jones has got back on after a slightly shorter ban. And Cao is a better player.

Postby chengdufan

He joined Zhang Anda on commentary a couple of weeks ago as they were playing an exhibition together that evening. He said he's planning to rejoin the tour next season.

I think he'll rise pretty quickly. Highly likely to get back into the top 64 by 2023.

Postby SnookerEd25

He was a good player who made a mistake, admitted it (unlike some) and has served his time.

He deserves a second chance and I would welcome him back.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerEd25 wrote:He was a good player who made a mistake, admitted it (unlike some) and has served his time.

He deserves a second chance and I would welcome him back.

Agree with this wholeheartedly.

Postby The_Abbott

Every player deserves a second chance even Stephen Lee.

In recent times the game has forgiven:

Jamie Jones
John Higgins
Stuart Bingham

Postby Alex0paul

The Ronnie O’Sullivan tour will be in tatters