Post a reply

Re: All-time Fantasy World Snooker Championship

Postby Pink Ball

In Group H, Mark Williams. He has been further drawn into position H2 in the group, and will open his campaign at the Assembly Rooms against John Pulman.

Group H
1. John Pulman
2. Mark Williams
3. n/a
4. Stuart Bingham

We now move on to phase four of the draw, which will see players from Pot Four (the Rest of the World players) drawn.
Last edited by Pink Ball on 13 Nov 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Pink Ball

In Group A, Eddie Charlton. He has been further drawn into position three in the group. He will play his opening match at Norbreck Castle against Shaun Murphy.

Group A
1. Joe Davis
2. Walter Donaldson
3. Eddie Charlton
4. Shaun Murphy

Postby Pink Ball

In Group C, Alex Higgins. He has been further drawn into position C4 in the group, and will open his campaign at the Assembly Rooms against John Parrott.

Group C
1. Stephen Hendry
2. Terry Griffiths
3. John Parrott
4. Alex Higgins

Postby SnookerEd25

Pink Ball wrote:In Group E, Cliff Thorburn. He has been further drawn into position E2 in the group, and will open his campaign at the Hexagon in Reading against Fred Davis.

Group E
1. Fred Davis
2. Cliff Thorburn
3. Peter Ebdon
4. Graeme Dott

Don’t make plans. This group could take a while...

Postby McManusFan

This looks like it should be fun. I have a questions about cloths and pockets - will these hypothetical matches take place under modern tournament conditions or will this vary from venue to venue? Obviously modern conditions will favour modern players.

Postby Iranu

McManusFan wrote:This looks like it should be fun. I have a questions about cloths and pockets - will these hypothetical matches take place under modern tournament conditions or will this vary from venue to venue? Obviously modern conditions will favour modern players.

I believe they’ll be played on Bravo tables which should make for open, high scoring games.

Postby chengdufan

Pink Ball wrote:In Group F, Horace Lindrum. He was further drawn into position F2 and will open his campaign at The Crucible against John Higgins.

Group F
1. John Higgins
2. Horace Lindrum
3. John Spencer
4. Jimmy White

I'm most looking forward to this group. Seems the tightest, should be some crackers.

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:In Group H, and concluding the draw, Ken Doherty. He has been further drawn into position H3 in the group, and will open his campaign at Wembley Conference Centre against Stuart Bingham.

Group H
1. John Pulman
2. Mark Williams
3. Ken Doherty
4. Stuart Bingham

The so-called Group of Death. There's always one, isn't there.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:
McManusFan wrote:This looks like it should be fun. I have a questions about cloths and pockets - will these hypothetical matches take place under modern tournament conditions or will this vary from venue to venue? Obviously modern conditions will favour modern players.

I believe they’ll be played on Bravo tables which should make for open, high scoring games.

rofl

Postby Pink Ball

The cloths and pockets will vary from match to match, but I will not be denoting what kind of cloths and pockets we'll be going with from match to match. You can just assume that whatever cloths and pockets would least affect the result is being used.

Postby Pink Ball

Making a few changes to the venues. The Waterfront, Motherwell Civic Centre and Newport Centre will be dropped.

Instead I will use the spiritual home of the Classic and qualifiers, The Norbreck Castle in Blackpool; and the spiritual home of the British Open, the Assembly Rooms in Derby.

The highly rated Barbican Centre in York will also be added.