Post a reply

Re: Whatever Happened To

Postby SteveJJ

Following a bit of a google search...

Billy Snaddon seems to be playing more pool than snooker. There's some stuff on youtube including a money match.

Shokat Ali - looks like his form declined after 2005 when he had his cue stolen. He fell off the tour before he found a cue that felt right and whilst winning an individual event in the PIOS series in 2008 didn't do enough to get back on tour or via his attempts at Q School.

Postby lhpirnie

Empire State Human wrote:Pretty sure Brian Morgan became a commerical pilot. Remember reading about it ages ago. No idea if he still is.

I've seen him at events quite recently. He's involved in coaching - Martin O'Donnell I think.

Postby TheSaviour

Barry Pinches seems like a cracking bloke. Always joking and kissing.

Or how about Chrissy Painter?

Chris Wakelin.

Chrissy the Painter.

But seriously, many of those now forgotten blokes posses a cracking manouvers of the cue ball. That´s the move and playing from the pool billiards. The same tiny jump of the cue ball. The lads can´t see a straight lines or bothering to mind the cue ball "normally", so they have developed such a killer cue ball moves. It looks deadly and is deadle. Has been there. The best pool players arounf my corners always plays those kind of a positional shots.

I suspect many of the Chinese players also would have those kind of a positional shots on hand, somehow they just are unable to play that. Rod Lawler included. But if they will start to play like that then basically everything will change.

Meanwhile and currently; John Higgins, Mark Allen, Ding Junhui. The chasing pack includes the likes of Jak Jones, Shaun Murphy and Ben Woollaston. Kyren Wilson has patience to play those good safeties with a top-spin all days long, but currently it is not enough to win the titles. Judd Trump is a long way back now, but he ACTUALLY HAS those pool billiards positional shots and he uses those! Fair play given his merits..

What can Ronnie O´Sullivan do now? Not much, sorry to tell that... The same with Neil Robertson. And even Mark Selby. Neil is hopeless under the heaviest of pressure. Sure, he can make 60 or 80 breaks but he misses those more difficult last ones of which everyone would fancy to see to red ball to dissapear from the table. But no! Too much pace, aaaargh.

A modern snooker is all about who pots the first red immeaditely after a few safeties first, AND do get that ROCK-SOLID position also. ANd can also keep going from there with a ROCK-SOLID positional playing! Can´t look that much past John Higgins, but some hope is there, yes..

Postby mack501

Going back to 'Whatever happened to'.

What happened to Danny Fowler?

Postby Alex0paul

What happened to Tony Jones?

Postby Prop

mack501 wrote:Going back to 'Whatever happened to'.

What happened to Danny Fowler?

Not a great deal. Him and Danny junior used to be regulars at my local club. Don’t see either of them now. Danny senior would regularly be seen shirtless in the beer garden* swigging a pint of lager in warm weather. And that’s about the last we saw of him, a good decade ago.

*scrap of land between the club and the main road