Dan-cat wrote:Tina Turner = Simply The Best

It's a pretty fair reference

Maybe Radzi wishes Ronnie was his 'private dancer'... :hmmm:

Re: Home-Made Nicknames

Postby SnookerFan

Yeah, thanks Dan-Cat. We did get the joke. bucking hell. <laugh>

The question was, was it an actual nickname for him? And I was saying I doubt people actually call him it.

Postby Dragonfly

I'm actually surprised that Rob Walker didn't make any play on Judd's surname over last few years. You know call him the president or something stupid like that.

I guess it wouldn't work now. Please welcome the ex president would be kinda crap.

Postby SnookerEd25

Dragonfly wrote:I'm actually surprised that Rob Walker didn't make any play on Judd's surname over last few years. You know call him the president or something stupid like that.

I guess it wouldn't work now. Please welcome the ex president would be kinda crap.

Is he an ex-president? I have heard no concession from the incumbent (and he's there til mid-January anyhow...)

Postby Iranu

Dragonfly wrote:I'm actually surprised that Rob Walker didn't make any play on Judd's surname over last few years. You know call him the president or something stupid like that.

“He’s one of Johnny Bravo’s favourite public figures due to his various incredible achievements...”

Postby SnookerFan

Maybe they didn't want to associate Judd with such a divisive figure as Donald Trump. Or maybe Judd didn't want them to do it. You do hear of times when players don't like their nicknames and ask to change them.

Postby Dragonfly

SnookerEd25 wrote:

Is he an ex-president? I have heard no concession from the incumbent (and he's there til mid-January anyhow...)

True he's there until January. He's booby trapping the white house home alone style as we speak

Postby SnookerEd25

Iranu wrote:

“He’s one of Johnny Bravo’s favourite public figures due to his various incredible achievements...”

You mean the discredited Johnny Bravo, late of this island? :shrug:

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:

Maybe they didn't want to associate Judd with such a divisive figure as Donald Trump. Or maybe Judd didn't want them to do it. You do hear of times when players don't like their nicknames and ask to change them.

There was a heavyweight boxer in the 90s who went by the nickname of 'the President' - Ike Ibeabuchi.

He is now serving jail time for serious sexual offences...

Omen? :chin:

Postby Dragonfly

SnookerFan wrote:

Good point. It would be unfair to associate a sportsman with such a controversial and divisive figure. It's just that sometimes Rob Walker really goes to the bottom of the barrel to try get a nickname or a rhyme to introduce a player. So I can't say I would have been very surprised. Certainly it was better left untouched.

Postby SnookerEd25

Shaun ‘I’ll Associate myself with anyone as long as my names out there’ Murphy?

Gosh, I’m shocked.

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:They've called Murphy the Prime Minister before.

Yeah, but they don't call him Boris Johnson, do they? Besides, they were calling him that when Theresa May was in, weren't they?

That's not really got anything to do with his name being like a Prime Minister, has it?

Postby HappyCamper

I think it was because he was elected players' representative on the WPBSA board.

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:I think it was because he was elected players' representative on the WPBSA board.

Yeah, that sounds right.

Also, I think Jimmy was giving him some fanny about him being a politician on Eurosport once. Or something.

Postby Prop

Shaun ‘The Children’s Magician’ Murphy

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerEd25 wrote:

Maybe Radzi wishes Ronnie was his 'private dancer'... :hmmm:

I can imagine the Steamy Windows

Postby Marco (not fu)

Following an episode of Bottom with Ade Edmondson and Rik Mayall where they steal a wooden leg, pawn it, and put all the money on a badly tipped horse, Ken Doherty has always been 'Sad Ken' in my family.

Marco Fu is 'Marco, I pity the Fu'

Tony Drago is 'Tony Durago', only because my brother in law knows nothing about snooker, pretends he does, and that is who he says his favorite player is when asked.

My wife used to have a rhyming nickname for Paul Hunter, but she rarely uses it since he died.