Post a reply

Are Polo t-shirts a better option than the standard uncomfortable dress code ?

1. Yes
4
24%
2. No
13
76%
 
Total votes : 17

Re: Snooker dress code

Postby Sickpotter

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Sickpotter wrote:Just because your nice snooker outfit doesn't fit you well doesn't make it an issue for others ;-)

It fits me just fine, but it's still an incovenience and it's hampering my movement. :-(

Sickpotter wrote:Dressing nice offers players more sponsorship opportunities and adds a little class to the game, leave it be :spot on:

B.ollocks. Sponsorship does not derive from the way they are dressed, not even 1%


And you're privy to what generates sponsorship for players how exactly? :chin:

Wearing nice clothes 100% affects sponsorship.....high end makers of clothing, watches, etc aren't interested in sponsoring events where the players are wearing $12 t-shirts.

Re: Snooker dress code

Postby HappyCamper

kyren wilson was sponsored hawes and curtis.

Re: Snooker dress code

Postby Iranu

Sickpotter wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Sickpotter wrote:Just because your nice snooker outfit doesn't fit you well doesn't make it an issue for others ;-)

It fits me just fine, but it's still an incovenience and it's hampering my movement. :-(

Sickpotter wrote:Dressing nice offers players more sponsorship opportunities and adds a little class to the game, leave it be :spot on:

B.ollocks. Sponsorship does not derive from the way they are dressed, not even 1%


And you're privy to what generates sponsorship for players how exactly? :chin:

Wearing nice clothes 100% affects sponsorship.....high end makers of clothing, watches, etc aren't interested in sponsoring events where the players are wearing $12 t-shirts.

The Home Nations is a perfect example of this very thing with players wearing Hawes & Curtis shirts.

Re: Snooker dress code

Postby Johnny Bravo

Sickpotter wrote:
And you're privy to what generates sponsorship for players how exactly? :chin:

Wearing nice clothes 100% affects sponsorship.....high end makers of clothing, watches, etc aren't interested in sponsoring events where the players are wearing $12 t-shirts.

Sure, cause it's the clothes they wear that attracts sponsors <doh> <doh> <doh>

I doubt the shirts they now wear are worth +100 £.

Golfers also use polo t-shirts and their prize funds are in the stratosphere compared to snooker.

And btw, the Ralph Lauren t-shirts I posted the link for are anything but cheap.

Re: Snooker dress code

Postby chengdufan

I see the main barrier to this being that it sounds too 'American'. Brits will reject without a moment's thought or consideration any idea they peeceive to come from American sport, regardless of any merits the idea may have.

Re: Snooker dress code

Postby Iranu

chengdufan wrote:I see the main barrier to this being that it sounds too 'American'. Brits will reject without a moment's thought or consideration any idea they peeceive to come from American sport, regardless of any merits the idea may have.

Nothing to do with being American.

My first thought was how scummy darts looks.

Also we can see from the Shoot Out how low-grade polo shirts make snooker look.

Snooker’s dress code is something that makes it stand out from other sports, it’s unique. It’s one of the things that attracted me to snooker as a kid.

Re: Snooker dress code

Postby Johnny Bravo

chengdufan wrote:I see the main barrier to this being that it sounds too 'American'. Brits will reject without a moment's thought or consideration any idea they peeceive to come from American sport, regardless of any merits the idea may have.

:hatoff:

Re: Snooker dress code

Postby Johnny Bravo

Iranu wrote:Nothing to do with being American.

My first thought was how scummy darts looks.

Also we can see from the Shoot Out how low-grade polo shirts make snooker look.

Snooker’s dress code is something that makes it stand out from other sports, it’s unique. It’s one of the things that attracted me to snooker as a kid.

Darts have ugly t-shirts. Same with the SO.

In our case, they can use far better quality ones.

Re: Snooker dress code

Postby Iranu

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Iranu wrote:Nothing to do with being American.

My first thought was how scummy darts looks.

Also we can see from the Shoot Out how low-grade polo shirts make snooker look.

Snooker’s dress code is something that makes it stand out from other sports, it’s unique. It’s one of the things that attracted me to snooker as a kid.

Darts have ugly t-shirts. Same with the SO.

In our case, they can use far better quality ones.

You don’t get it. It doesn’t matter how good quality the polo shirt is, it’s still a polo shirt. That Ralph Lauren is no different than a cheap plain red one except it’s got a stupid logo on the breast (which if anything makes it look worse).

Polo shirts make it look like it’s being played in a pub. They also look terrible when worn with anything other than jeans.

This whole conversation is silly, there’s nothing wrong with snooker’s dress code. If players’ shirts are restricting their movement they should buy shirts that fit differently.

Re: Snooker dress code

Postby Scooper

I don’t get why the only alternative to the current dress code is a scruffy badly-coloured polo shirt. Why not something in between?

Re: Snooker dress code

Postby Johnny Bravo

Scooper wrote:I don’t get why the only alternative to the current dress code is a scruffy badly-coloured polo shirt. Why not something in between?

How is a plain simple color polo shirt "badly colored" ?!? :?
Anyway, what suggestion do you have ?!

Re: Snooker dress code

Postby HappyCamper

Scooper wrote:I don’t get why the only alternative to the current dress code is a scruffy badly-coloured polo shirt. Why not something in between?


leather crop tops and hot pants?

Re: Snooker dress code

Postby D4P

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Iranu wrote:Wrestling costumes!

Image


With championship belts for each event...!

Re: Snooker dress code

Postby SnookerEd25

Where is the ‘don’t care’ option? :chin:

Re: Snooker dress code

Postby Scooper

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Scooper wrote:I don’t get why the only alternative to the current dress code is a scruffy badly-coloured polo shirt. Why not something in between?

How is a plain simple color polo shirt "badly colored" ?!? :?
Anyway, what suggestion do you have ?!


I’m talking about the people who want to keep the dress code. They’re making out that relaxing the dress code will result in players looking right scruffy.

Re: Snooker dress code

Postby Iranu

Scooper wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Scooper wrote:I don’t get why the only alternative to the current dress code is a scruffy badly-coloured polo shirt. Why not something in between?

How is a plain simple color polo shirt "badly colored" ?!? :?
Anyway, what suggestion do you have ?!


I’m talking about the people who want to keep the dress code. They’re making out that relaxing the dress code will result in players looking right scruffy.

Actually all I’ve said is that polo shirts specifically will result in players looking scruffy.

Bear in mind Johnny that the “plain, simple” polo shirt will have different coloured sponsor stickers all over it, so it will look neither plain nor simple.

Dress shirts as in the Home Nations look great. I just don’t think the code should be changed, I love the waistcoat look.

Re: Snooker dress code

Postby SnookerFan

What happened to that gents outfitters that sponsored the Home Nations last season?

To be fair, those shirts were horrible.

Re: Snooker dress code

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:What happened to that gents outfitters that sponsored the Home Nations last season?

To be fair, those shirts were horrible.

Have you not seen any of it? They’re still wearing shirts, I’m assuming still Hawes and Curtis as I’ve heard nothing else.

They look fine, although they were definitely a bit crap for the first event last season because the fits were all wrong.

Re: Snooker dress code

Postby HappyCamper

don't think they're hawes and curtis shirts this year. as the different players have different styles on. and i think they had the branding on the arms as well last year.

Re: Snooker dress code

Postby Iranu

HappyCamper wrote:don't think they're hawes and curtis shirts this year. as the different players have different styles on. and i think they had the branding on the arms as well last year.

Really? Why bother with the dress code then?

Hearn trying to backdoor in a new relaxed code for the tour generally?

Re: Snooker dress code

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:What happened to that gents outfitters that sponsored the Home Nations last season?

To be fair, those shirts were horrible.

Have you not seen any of it? They’re still wearing shirts, I’m assuming still Hawes and Curtis as I’ve heard nothing else.

They look fine, although they were definitely a bit crap for the first event last season because the fits were all wrong.


Yeah, I'm watching it.

Weren't the referees wearing white shirts last season? Those were cack.

Re: Snooker dress code

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:What happened to that gents outfitters that sponsored the Home Nations last season?

To be fair, those shirts were horrible.

Have you not seen any of it? They’re still wearing shirts, I’m assuming still Hawes and Curtis as I’ve heard nothing else.

They look fine, although they were definitely a bit crap for the first event last season because the fits were all wrong.


Yeah, I'm watching it.

Weren't the referees wearing white shirts last season? Those were cack.

Yeah they were. I actually liked them, contrasted nicely with the players’.

Then again I like Goldstein’s hair so maybe Johnny’s suggestion is the way forward if I hate it <laugh>

Re: Snooker dress code

Postby Johnny Bravo

Iranu wrote:Bear in mind Johnny that the “plain, simple” polo shirt will have different coloured sponsor stickers all over it, so it will look neither plain nor simple.

You don't get it, I'm proposing they don't have any sponsor labels on them, at all.

Of course they won't look that good with all kinds of stupid sponsor stickers on them.

Re: Snooker dress code

Postby Iranu

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Iranu wrote:Bear in mind Johnny that the “plain, simple” polo shirt will have different coloured sponsor stickers all over it, so it will look neither plain nor simple.

You don't get it, I'm proposing they don't have any sponsor labels on them, at all.

Of course they won't look that good with all kinds of stupid sponsor stickers on them.

They need sponsor labels, especially lower ranked players because they fund players’ expenses and entry fees etc. You can’t just get rid of them! That’s the point. Plus tournament sponsors will obviously insist on having their names on players.