Post a reply

Re: Rankings revisit - a trip through history

Postby chengdufan

Mark Selby is making progress. He's up to 68th at the moment, just ahead of Alain Robidoux, who is making something of a comeback this season.

Neil Robertson is in 92nd.

Postby chengdufan

LDS wrote:More great stuff Chen. Just a quick question, after the last WC I was expecting a list-to-date of ranking title winners, but it never came, and your mentioning of Hendry's 33rd title reminded me to ask.

Thanks for asking.
I had a break from this thread recently because I've been too busy with other things. Looks like I forgot to add that at the end of last season.

Here we go...

To the end of the 00-01 season, 157 ranking events have been played. Here is the roll of honour:

Stephen Hendry 32
Steve Davis 28
John Higgins 14 (2000 UK Championship)
Mark Williams 10 (2000 Grand Prix)
Ronnie O'Sullivan 10 (2000 China Open | 2001 World Championship)
Jimmy White 9
John Parrott 9
Ray Reardon 5
Ken Doherty 5 (2001 Welsh Open | 2001 Thailand Masters)
Peter Ebdon 4 (2000 British Open | 2001 Scottish Open)
James Wattana 3
Cliff Thorburn 2
Tony Knowles 2
Dennis Taylor 2
Doug Mountjoy 2
Alan McManus 2

John Spencer, Terry Griffiths, Alex Higgins, Willie Thorne, Silvino Francisco, Joe Johnson, Neal Foulds, Tony Meo, Mike Hallett, Steve James, Bob Chaperon, Tony Jones, Dave Harold, Nigel Bond, Dominic Dale, Paul Hunter, Stephen Lee, Fergal O'Brien : 1 each

Postby LDS

Thanks for that, awesome.

So we're pretty much 10 years into the class of '92 being knocking around somewhere or other. And after 10 years, it clearly looks like John Higgins is the primary '92er, while Williams and O'Sullivan are relatively evenly matched.

And people wonder why O'Sullivan is so in awe of Higgins while being generally competitive with Williams, even after he surpasses both in the public mind and in total results and the like.

Well, for all of the first part of his career, John Higgins was the superior player, by pretty much all the metrics. No.1 for longer, more ranking titles, World Champ first, etc etc. So O'Sullivan would have spent a really huge amount of years looking up to John.

Williams on the other hand, is someone for whom O'Sullivan would always have seen as an equal, someone for whom their achievements are very similar up to this point and therefore someone he would have visualised as more within his basket of competition.

AKA: "I don't mind losing to Higgins, I expect to lose to Higgins, but I really should be beating Williams" and "Oh no, Williams has won again, no way am I letting him get one ahead of me" whereas with Higgins it would be simply "Higgins has won again? I expected that".

Postby chengdufan

LDS wrote:Thanks for that, awesome.

So we're pretty much 10 years into the class of '92 being knocking around somewhere or other. And after 10 years, it clearly looks like John Higgins is the primary '92er, while Williams and O'Sullivan are relatively evenly matched.

And people wonder why O'Sullivan is so in awe of Higgins while being generally competitive with Williams, even after he surpasses both in the public mind and in total results and the like.

Well, for all of the first part of his career, John Higgins was the superior player, by pretty much all the metrics. No.1 for longer, more ranking titles, World Champ first, etc etc. So O'Sullivan would have spent a really huge amount of years looking up to John.

Williams on the other hand, is someone for whom O'Sullivan would always have seen as an equal, someone for whom their achievements are very similar up to this point and therefore someone he would have visualised as more within his basket of competition.

AKA: "I don't mind losing to Higgins, I expect to lose to Higgins, but I really should be beating Williams" and "Oh no, Williams has won again, no way am I letting him get one ahead of me" whereas with Higgins it would be simply "Higgins has won again? I expected that".

:goodpost:

I wonder if it was Williams' great 99-00 season that spurred Ronnie on to the 01 World title

Postby Holden Chinaski

LDS wrote:Thanks for that, awesome.

But it was Ronnie who came out on top in their biggest match. He beat John 18-14 to win the World Championship.

Postby LDS

chengdufan wrote:I wonder if it was Williams' great 99-00 season that spurred Ronnie on to the 01 World title

Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking.

Holden Chinaski wrote:But it was Ronnie who came out on top in their biggest match. He beat John 18-14 to win the World Championship.

I think it would take more than one result in one match to overturn 10 years of inferiority complex/fandom, however you want to phrase it.

You could still see the dynamic between them at this years Masters event, some thirty years after they both turned pro. Where most people complain about feeling intimidated by Ronnie, they forget so easily that Ronnie is human as well, and he has his players that he is subconsciously intimidated by/in awe of/ inferiority complex however you want to phrase it. And that John instinctively just isn't intimidated by Ronnie, and quite the reverse.

Postby Holden Chinaski

LDS wrote:
chengdufan wrote:I wonder if it was Williams' great 99-00 season that spurred Ronnie on to the 01 World title

Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking.

Holden Chinaski wrote:But it was Ronnie who came out on top in their biggest match. He beat John 18-14 to win the World Championship.

I think it would take more than one result in one match to overturn 10 years of inferiority complex/fandom, however you want to phrase it.

You could still see the dynamic between them at this years Masters event, some thirty years after they both turned pro. Where most people complain about feeling intimidated by Ronnie, they forget so easily that Ronnie is human as well, and he has his players that he is subconsciously intimidated by/in awe of/ inferiority complex however you want to phrase it. And that John instinctively just isn't intimidated by Ronnie, and quite the reverse.

In the end, Ronnie won their biggest match, leads the head to head, has won 7 more rankers than John and won two more World Championships and ten more Triple Crown titles than John. There's no doubt Ronnie admires Higgins, and Higgins is definitely not intimidated by Ronnie. But Ronnie is much more successful and he has beaten John in some very big matches, including a world final.

Postby LDS

Holden Chinaski wrote:In the end, Ronnie won their biggest match, leads the head to head, has won 7 more rankers than John and won two more World Championships and ten more Triple Crown titles than John. There's no doubt Ronnie admires Higgins, and Higgins is definitely not intimidated by Ronnie. But Ronnie is much more successful and he has beaten John in some very big matches, including a world final.

I don't think you understand what kind of conversation is taking place here...

Postby Holden Chinaski

LDS wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:In the end, Ronnie won their biggest match, leads the head to head, has won 7 more rankers than John and won two more World Championships and ten more Triple Crown titles than John. There's no doubt Ronnie admires Higgins, and Higgins is definitely not intimidated by Ronnie. But Ronnie is much more successful and he has beaten John in some very big matches, including a world final.

I don't think you understand what kind of conversation is taking place here...

If I read you posts correctly, I think you're saying Ronnie is intimidated by Higgins but Higgins is not intimidated by Ronnie. I'm saying that, while you may be right, this hasn't stopped Ronnie to have the upper hand in their head to head, to win some big matches against John including their biggest match, and to win a lot more titles than John. So, even though Ronnie admires John, it hasn't been that much of a problem. And when John looks at Ronnie's career records and compares them to his own records, he probably feels a bit inferior. Especially when he compares his Triple Crown titles to those of Ronnie. And you can bet your life they would both agree their biggest match was the World final, and Ronnie's admiration of Higgins didn't stop him to win that match.

Postby chengdufan

2002 Welsh Open - Cardiff International Arena
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Welsh_Open_(snooker)

The final was a repeat of the previous year, with Ken Doherty facing Paul Hunter. Hunter got revenge this time around, beating Doherty 9-7 in the final. He was leading 5-1 at one point, before being pegged back to 7-6 by the Irishman.
There was only one century in the match, a 141 from Hunter.
It was Hunter's second ranking title.

Mark Selby had a good run, the 18-year-old reaching the last 32 for the first time.

Of the big 3, only Higgins made it as far as the quarter-finals, where he lost to Hendry. Williams and O'Sullivan lost in the last 16, to Graeme Dott and Paul Hunter respectively.

QFs:
Ken Doherty (4) 5-3 Fergal O'Brien (28)
Stephen Hendry (6) 5-2 John Higgins (2)
Graeme Dott (15) 5-0 Joe Swail (9)
Paul Hunter (12) 5-4 Peter Ebdon (7)

SFs:
Doherty (4) 6-4 Hendry (6)
Hunter (12) 6-3 Dott (15)

Final:
Hunter (12) 9-7 Doherty (4)

Postby chengdufan

Following the 2002 Welsh Open, Ken Doherty moves up to second, and there are some interesting movements lower down the rankings.

Top 16
1 = Ronnie O'Sullivan 19660
2 +2 Ken Doherty 18301
3 -1 John Higgins 17953
4 -1 Mark Williams 16477
5 +1 Stephen Hendry 15611
6 -1 Stephen Lee 14847
7 = Peter Ebdon 14037
8 = Matthew Stevens 12077
9 +3 Paul Hunter 10967
10 -1 Joe Swail 10263
11 +4 Graeme Dott 9048
12 +2 Mark Davis 8647
13 -2 Michael Judge 8492
14 -4 Drew Henry 8489
15 -2 Joe Perry 8417
16 = Jimmy White 7706

Top 32
In: Barry Pinches; Barry Hawkins; Alfie Burden; Steve Davis
Out: John Parrott; Shokat Ali; Anthony Hamilton; Dave Harold

Top 64
In: Mark Selby; Jimmy Michie; Rod Lawler; Antony Bolsover
Out: Stuart Pettman; Kristjan Helgason; Neal Foulds; Phaitoon Phonbun

Top 128
In: Shaun Murphy; Kurt Maflin; Atthasit Mahitthi; Chris Melling; Tom Ford; Stephen Kershaw; Wayne Cooper
Out: Joe Jogia; Dean Reynolds; Mick Price; Karl Broughton; Darren Clarke; Eddie Manning; Leigh Griffin

Postby LDS

Holden Chinaski wrote:If I read you posts correctly, I think you're saying Ronnie is intimidated by Higgins but Higgins is not intimidated by Ronnie. I'm saying that, while you may be right, this hasn't stopped Ronnie to have the upper hand in their head to head, to win some big matches against John including their biggest match, and to win a lot more titles than John. So, even though Ronnie admires John, it hasn't been that much of a problem. And when John looks at Ronnie's career records and compares them to his own records, he probably feels a bit inferior. Especially when he compares his Triple Crown titles to those of Ronnie. And you can bet your life they would both agree their biggest match was the World final, and Ronnie's admiration of Higgins didn't stop him to win that match.

No, I didn't imply that the state of affairs meant that Ronnie would never beat Higgins nor that Higgins would never feel he could lose to Ronnie.

We're at a certain point in the thread where we're at 2001. We're imagining what the players might have felt in 2001 and comparing them to verbal utterances from Ronnie and the current 'meme' that Ronnie admires Higgins and still, personally, suggests any list of 'best snooker players' might have Higgins above himself - when, quite evidently, as I already stated, time has since turned the tables on that 2001 situation - for all of us.

Any sense of intimidation does not prevent someone winning a match, nor does it automatically make a player lose, of course they've had variable results against each other over the years. I'm merely pointing out why Ronnie likely personally believe/s/d Higgins is/was a better player than himself and why he might have a different frame of mind between Higgins and Williams.

Postby chengdufan

It's February 2002, and although there are three more ranking events to be played before the World Championship, qualifying for the worlds happens now.
Four top 16 players took part in qualifying. Michael Judge, Drew Henry and Joe Perry were seeded through to the final qualifying round, while Mark Davis entered at the last 80 stage.

Davis lost his first match, to amateur Ryan Day.

Let's have a look at the results from the final round of qualifying. Seeded players on the left, ranking in brackets.

Nigel Bond (49) 6-10 Stuart Bingham (70)
Dominic Dale (23) 10-5 Paul Wykes (85)
Anthony Davies (30) 10-9 Marcus Campbell (42)
Billy Snaddon (50) 9-10 Mike Dunn (61)
David Gray (21) 10-7 Mark Selby (52)
Anthony Hamilton (38) 10-7 Darren Morgan (94)
Quinten Hann (29) 10-6 Michael Holt (48)
Drew Henry (14) 10-5 David Roe (55)
Steve Davis (32) 8-10 Robin Hull (19)
Michael Judge (13) 10-9 Stuart Pettman (65)
Tony Drago (45) 8-10 Robert Milkins (36)
Marco Fu (28) 4-10 Shaun Murphy (102)
John Parrott (33) 10-9 Shokat Ali (37)
Joe Perry (15) 10-9 Terry Murphy (77)
Chris Small (41) 10-7 Paul Davies (78)
James Wattana (59) 10-7 Ian McCulloch (35)

Postby chengdufan

Let's have a look at the progress through the rankings so far of 3 future world champions, Neil Robertson (b. Feb 82), Shaun Murphy (b. Aug 82) and Mark Selby (b. Jun 83).

These are the rankings after being updated following matches they have played in. Age on the left, ranking on the right.

Robertson:
18 146
18 148
19 131
19 106
19 93
19 93

Murphy:
16 125
16 135
19 130
19 134
19 102

Selby:
16 142
16 121
16 117
16 117
16 120
17 95
17 103
17 105
18 99
18 67
18 52

Postby chengdufan

2002 China Open - International Gymnastic Centre, Shanghai
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_China_Open_(snooker)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanghai

Mark Williams won his first ranking title of the season, and 11th overall. He beat Anthony Hamilton in a decider in the final, having not had a lead throughout the encounter. Hamilton had led 6-3 and 8-5 before Williams won the final four frames to win 9-8.

Mark Selby, after being close to qualifying for the Crucible two weeks previously, reached the semi-finals. He beat Ding Junhui in the wildcard round, in our first viewing of Ding in a ranking event, as well as Hendry and O'Sullivan.

QFs:
Mark Selby (52) 5-3 Ronnie O'Sullivan (1)
Anthony Hamilton (38) 5-4 Ken Doherty (2)
John Higgins (3) 5-4 Darren Morgan (94)
Mark Williams (4) 5-4 Stephen Lee (6)

SFs:
Hamilton (38) 6-3 Selby (52)
Williams (4) 6-2 Higgins (3)

Final:
Williams (4) 9-8 Hamilton (38)

Postby chengdufan

Following the 2002 China Open

Top 16
1 = Ronnie O'Sullivan 20068
2 +2 Mark Williams 18290
3 = John Higgins 18088
4 -2 Ken Doherty 17632
5 = Stephen Hendry 15488
6 = Stephen Lee 14393
7 = Peter Ebdon 13548
8 = Matthew Stevens 11748
9 = Paul Hunter 10763
10 = Joe Swail 10105
11 = Graeme Dott 9047
12 +3 Joe Perry 9028
13 = Michael Judge 8815
14 -2 Mark Davis 8535
15 +4 Robin Hull 8399
16 -2 Drew Henry 8394

In: Robin Hull
Out: Jimmy White

Top 32
In: Anthony Hamilton; Mark Selby; Robert MIlkins
Out: Steve Davis; Marco Fu; Alfie Burden

Top 64
In: Stuart Pettman; Kristjan Helgason; Darren Morgan; Stuart Bingham; Terry Murphy
Out: Sean Storey; Antony Bolsover; Gary Wilkinson; Jimmy Michie; Rod Lawler

Top 128
In: Andrew Norman; Jason Weston; Joe Jogia; Kwan Poomjang
Out: Dene O'Kane; Mehmet Husnu; Leo Fernandez; Wayne Cooper

Postby SnookerEd25

Wow. Robin Hull in the 16; never got higher than no.32 on the official Rankings (though, provisionally, may have been higher at one point)

Interesting stuff...

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:I'm sure many people would have felt that was hamiltons chance of landing a ranking title and was he ever going to have another chance again?

He was also unlucky losing a high quality British Open final to Fergal O'Brien 9-7 in 1999; Hamilton got 3 centuries and 4 breaks of 60 or over, O'Brien got 1 century and 4 half-centuries.

At the time, I wasn't really a fan of either but that was a great match. I took to Anthony afterwards, felt he deserved to win it but Fergal was just too gritty in the last three frames. The last one went right down to the final black I think, certainly the last couple of colours as cuetracker gives the frame score as 73-60

Postby chengdufan

2002 Thailand Masters - Merchant Court Hotel, Bangkok
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Thailand_Masters

Mark Williams won a second consecutive ranking event, comfortably defeating Stephen Lee 9-4 in the final.

There weren't too many surprises in this one. Perhaps Matthew Stevens, who had been out of form up to this point in the season, beating John Higgins in the quarters was a bit unexpected.

QFs:
Stephen Lee (6) 5-4 Ken Doherty (4)
Matthew Stevens (8) 5-3 John Higgins (3)
Mark Williams (2) 5-1 Fergal O'Brien (32)
Ronnie O'Sullivan (1) 5-3 Stephen Hendry (5)

SFs:
Lee (6) 5-2 Stevens (8)
Williams (2) 5-2 O'Sullivan (1)

Final:
Williams (2) 9-4 Lee (6)

Postby chengdufan

Following the 2002 Thailand Masters

Top 16
1 = Ronnie O'Sullivan 21404
2 = Mark Williams 21082
3 = John Higgins 19008
4 = Ken Doherty 18700
5 +1 Stephen Lee 16565
6 -1 Stephen Hendry 16492
7 = Peter Ebdon 13908
8 = Matthew Stevens 13120
9 = Paul Hunter 11051
10 = Joe Swail 10793
11 +1 Joe Perry 9192
12 -1 Graeme Dott 8895
13 +3 Drew Henry 8224
14 +1 Robin Hull 8211
15 +2 Anthony Hamilton 8169
16 -3 Michael Judge 8047

In: Anthony Hamilton
Out: Mark Davis

Top 32
In: Dave Harold
Out: Nick Dyson

Top 64
In: Paul Davies; Shaun Murphy; Paul Wykes
Out: Jamie Burnett; Bradley Jones; Andy Hicks

Top 128
In: Leo Fernandez; Wayne Cooper; Dene O'Kane
Out: Simon Bedford; Karl Burrows; Munraj Pal

Postby chengdufan

2002 Scottish Open - Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Scot ... n_(snooker)

This was the last event of the season for those who hadn't qualified to play at The Crucible.

Stephen Lee picked up his third ranking title. Although he lost the opening frame of the final to David Gray, he easily won the match 9-2. Lee didn't face any of the top 16 players in these rankings on his way to the title, Jimmy White at 19 being his highest ranked opponent.

Barry Hawkins surprisingly beat number 1 Ronnie O'Sullivan in the last 32, while Mark Williams lost to Jimmy White in the last 16. Gray beat Higgins in the last 32 and Hendry in the quarters on his somewhat suprising run to the final.

QFs:
Peter Ebdon (7) 5-4 Quinten Hann (23)
David Gray (26) 5-3 Stephen Hendry (6)
Nigel Bond (55) 5-1 Dave Harold (30)
Stephen Lee (5) 5-2 Jimmy White (19)

SFs:
Gray (26) 5-3 Ebdon (7)
Lee (5) 6-5 Bond (55)

Final:
Lee (5) 9-2 Gray (26)

Postby chengdufan

Following the 2002 Scottish Open, Mark Selby enters the top 16 for the first time and Mark Williams returns to the number 1 spot.

Top 16
1 +1 Mark Williams 20009
2 -1 Ronnie O'Sullivan 19949
3 +2 Stephen Lee 18470
4 -1 John Higgins 17723
5 -1 Ken Doherty 17514
6 = Stephen Hendry 15938
7 = Peter Ebdon 14239
8 = Matthew Stevens 12407
9 = Paul Hunter 10688
10 = Joe Swail 10443
11 = Joe Perry 8915
12 +9 Mark Selby 8308
13 +13 David Gray 8297
14 +6 Ali Carter 7961
15 -1 Robin Hull 7878
16 -1 Anthony Hamilton 7850

In: Mark Selby; David Gray; Ali Carter
Out: Michael Judge; Drew Henry; Graeme Dott

Top 32
In: Bjorn Haneveer; Nigel Bond; John Parrott
Out: Patrick Wallace; Robert Milkins; Anthony Davies

Top 64
In: Sean Storey; Bradley Jones; Wayne Brown
Out: Adrian Gunnell; Terry Murphy; Paul Davies

Top 128
In: Matthew Street; Lee Spick; Surinder Gill; Karl Burrows; Mehmet Husnu
Out: John Lardner; Willie Thorne; Tony Chappel; Leo Fernandez; Dene O'Kane

Postby chengdufan

2002 World Championship - Crucible Theatre, Sheffield
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Worl ... ampionship

Peter Ebdon won his first world title, beating Stephen Hendry in his last appearance in a world final.

Last 32
Ronnie O'Sullivan (2) 10-5 Drew Henry (18)
Fergal O'Brien (28) 8-10 Robert Milkins (35)
Paul Hunter (9) 9-10 Quinten Hann (20)
Stephen Lee (3) 10-7 Chris Small (44)
Stephen Hendry (6) 10-4 Shaun Murphy (59)
Alan McManus (26) 7-10 Anthony Davies (45)
Mark King (25) 10-5 David Gray (13)
Ken Doherty (5) 10-8 Stuart Bingham (61)
John Higgins (4) 10-1 James Wattana (57)
Graeme Dott (23) 10-6 Robin Hull (15)
Jimmy White (21) 10-2 Dominic Dale (27)
Matthew Stevens (8) 10-6 Miek Dunn (37)
Peter Ebdon (7) 10-4 Michael Judge (17)
Joe Swail (10) 6-10 Joe Perry (11)
Dave Harold (29) 6-10 Anthony Hamilton (16)
Mark Williams (1) 10-7 John Parrott (32)

Last 16 (lots of one-sided matches)
O'Sullivan (2) 13-2 Milkins (35)
Lee (3) 13-3 Hann (20)
Hendry (6) 13-3 Davies (45)
Doherty (5) 13-12 King (25)
Higgins (4) 13-2 Dott (23)
Stevens (8) 13-3 White (21)
Ebdon (7) 13-7 Perry (11)
Hamilton (16) 13-9 Williams (1)

Quarter-finals
O'Sullivan (2) 13-10 Lee (3)
Hendry (6) 13-12 Doherty (5)
Stevens (8) 13-7 Higgins (4)
Ebdon (7) 13-6 Hamilton (16)

Semi-finals
Hendry (6) 17-13 O'Sullivan (2)
Ebdon (7) 17-16 Stevens (8)

Final
Ebdon (7) 18-17 Hendry (6)

Postby chengdufan

Here are the rankings at the end of the 2001-2002 season. The +- is the rise or fall from the start of the season.

1 +1 Ronnie O'Sullivan 23145
2 +4 Stephen Hendry 22073
3 +4 Stephen Lee 19912
4 +4 Peter Ebdon 19314
5 = Ken Doherty 18888
6 -5 Mark Williams 18479
7 -4 John Higgins 18200
8 -4 Matthew Stevens 14791
9 +3 Paul Hunter 10317
10 +14 Joe Perry 10016
11 +18 Anthony Hamilton 9564
12 -3 Joe Swail 9208
13 +13 Quinten Hann 8561
14 +2 Mark King 8218
15 +5 Graeme Dott 8007
16 -1 David Gray 8002
17 -6 Michael Judge 7932
18 +87 Mark Selby 7902
19 +80 Robin Hull 7901
20 -7 Jimmy White 7641
21 +27 Ali Carter 7631
22 -12 Drew Henry 7359
23 +70 Barry Hawkins 7342
24 +8 Mark Davis 7096
25 +30 Barry Pinches 7095
26 -5 Alan McManus 6325
27 -4 Fergal O'Brien 6113
28 +6 John Parrott 5986
29 +10 Robert Milkins 5968
30 -11 Dominic Dale 5943
31 -13 Dave Harold 5911
32 +18 Bjorn Haneveer 5886
33 +2 Nigel Bond 5560
34 +32 Mike Dunn 5540
35 -21 Patrick Wallace 5524
36 -14 Anthony Davies 5506
37 -12 Chris Small 5441
38 +44 Nick Walker 5039
39 -8 Steve Davis 5002
40 -12 Nick Dyson 4937
41 = Stephen Maguire 4814
42 +11 Tony Drago 4814
43 +2 Ian McCulloch 4740
44 -17 Shokat Ali 4630
45 -28 Marco Fu 4612
46 -9 Brian Morgan 4611
47 +7 Stuart Pettman 4520
48 -5 David Roe 4324
49 NEW Shaun Murphy 4297
50 +1 Kristjan Helgason 4291
51 -9 Alfie Burden 4221
52 -16 Marcus Campbell 4219
53 -23 Michael Holt 4173
54 +6 Sean Storey 4061
55 -17 Stuart Bingham 4060
56 -7 James Wattana 4006
57 +30 Euan Henderson 3990
58 +5 Jonathan Birch 3935
59 -19 Dave Finbow 3930
60 +11 Darren Morgan 3833
61 -28 Bradley Jones 3757
62 +19 Paul Wykes 3734
63 -7 Wayne Brown 3729
64 -17 Billy Snaddon 3644
65 -19 Adrian Gunnell 3636
66 +41 Antony Bolsover 3508
67 +36 Andrew Higginson 3473
68 -15 Jamie Burnett 3308
69 +6 Paul Davies 3307
70 -8 Gary Wilkinson 3278
71 -5 Terry Murphy 3274
72 +17 Jason Prince 3254
73 -29 Jimmy Michie 3250
74 -4 Martin Dziewialtowski 3107
75 -17 Andy Hicks 3103
76 +22 Tony Jones 3092
77 +24 Matthew Couch 3086
78 -13 Rod Lawler 3051
79 -18 Gerard Greene 3045
80 -16 Neal Foulds 2974
81 +36 Craig Butler 2705
82 +6 Alain Robidoux 2686
83 +8 Troy Shaw 2663
84 NEW Rory McLeod 2648
85 -9 Phaitoon Phonbun 2543
86 +4 Ryan Day 2497
87 -2 Nick Pearce 2468
88 +6 John Read 2394
89 NEW Stephen Kershaw 2348
90 -33 Gary Ponting 2310
91 -19 Hugh Abernethy 2251
92 +12 David McDonnell 2180
93 -1 Joe Johnson 2125
94 -15 Mark Gray 2104
95 -21 Lee Walker 2063
96 NEW Andrew Norman 2063
97 +29 Jeff Cundy 1956
98 -29 Peter Lines 1913
99 +23 Philip Williams 1888
100 +29 Neil Robertson 1845
101 -42 Steve James 1806
102 NEW Kurt Maflin 1750
103 -30 Jason Ferguson 1715
104 NEW Paul Davison 1687
105 NEW Luke Fisher 1680
106 NEW Chris Melling 1608
107 -30 Noppadon Noppachorn 1568
108 NEW Luke Simmonds 1564
109 -12 James Reynolds 1497
110 -42 Paul Sweeny 1461
111 NEW Brian Salmon 1348
112 -34 Patrick Delsemme 1307
113 NEW Ricky Walden 1302
114 -34 Martin Clark 1235
115 +49 Tom Ford 1229
116 NEW Noppadol Sangnil 1200
117 NEW Atthasit Mahitthi 1162
118 +20 Jason Weston 1054
119 NEW Kwan Poomjang 1048
120 -34 Mark Fenton 916
121 NEW Wayne Cooper 901
122 -38 Stephen O'Connor 825
123 +38 Matthew Street 798
124 +9 Lee Spick 796
125 -1 Joe Jogia 770
126 -24 Karl Burrows 743
127 -13 Mehmet Husnu 738
128 NEW Surinder Gill 727

Postby chengdufan

To the end of the 01-02 season, 166 ranking events have been played. Here is the roll of honour:

Stephen Hendry 33 (2001 European Open)
Steve Davis 28
John Higgins 15 (2001 British Open)
Mark Williams 12 (2002 China Open | 2002 Thailand Masters)
Ronnie O'Sullivan 11 (2001 UK Championship)
Jimmy White 9
John Parrott 9
Ray Reardon 5
Ken Doherty 5
Peter Ebdon 5 (2002 World Championship)
James Wattana 3
Stephen Lee 3 (2001 LG Cup | 2002 Scottish Open)
Cliff Thorburn 2
Tony Knowles 2
Dennis Taylor 2
Doug Mountjoy 2
Alan McManus 2
Paul Hunter 2 (2002 Welsh Open)

John Spencer, Terry Griffiths, Alex Higgins, Willie Thorne, Silvino Francisco, Joe Johnson, Neal Foulds, Tony Meo, Mike Hallett, Steve James, Bob Chaperon, Tony Jones, Dave Harold, Nigel Bond, Dominic Dale, Fergal O'Brien: 1 each