Post a reply

Rory McLeod - Jamaica

Postby chengdufan

I note from the 'Tour Nationalities' article on wst.tv that Rory is representing Jamaica this year. I thought he represented England in the past, but I did notice him listed as Jamaican on cuetracker. Does anyone have any info on his decision about which country to represent?

Would be interesting to see if he could partner anyone to make a world cup team.

Re: Rory McLeod - Jamaica

Postby HappyCamper

he has jamaican parents, though i think he was born in the midlands somewhere.

maybe he can get some funding from the jamaican billiards association. or he just wants to. it's an individual sport and it doesn't make much difference really.

Postby shanew48

chengdufan wrote:I note from the 'Tour Nationalities' article on wst.tv that Rory is representing Jamaica this year. I thought he represented England in the past, but I did notice him listed as Jamaican on cuetracker. Does anyone have any info on his decision about which country to represent?

Would be interesting to see if he could partner anyone to make a world cup team.

I think our Rory has proved in the past that he will represent anything that will get attention or serve him the best at any given time.

Postby lhpirnie

shanew48 wrote:
chengdufan wrote:I note from the 'Tour Nationalities' article on wst.tv that Rory is representing Jamaica this year. I thought he represented England in the past, but I did notice him listed as Jamaican on cuetracker. Does anyone have any info on his decision about which country to represent?

I think our Rory has proved in the past that he will represent anything that will get attention or serve him the best at any given time.

It seems very common for any player who has dual allegiances to chose the non-British one: Georgiou (Cyprus), Maflin (Norway), Sharav (Israel), Lee (HK). Certainly WST would like it to appear as international as possible!

Postby TheSaviour

lhpirnie wrote:
shanew48 wrote:

It seems very common for any player who has dual allegiances to chose the non-British one: Georgiou (Cyprus), Maflin (Norway), Sharav (Israel), Lee (HK). Certainly WST would like it to appear as international as possible!

And Hull (Finland). His another parent is from England, but he´s as much Finn as it just gets. Who else? Well, those Polish players as half-Britons as well, or vice-versa. Lisowski seems pretty Polish name, yet he´s same as Hull but vise-versa; as much Briton as it just possible gets.

This is a massive problem and a reason why the whole world has gone wrong; everyone are half something and half-something. And that seems to be so great. Yet I can think only a exception when it is great.

O´Sullivan. Half-Irish, half-Italian, yet fully Englishman.

rofl rofl

And obviously all the Ursenbacher´s realistically are half-Swiss and half-Germans. All the Austrians are basically fully Germans. With Brecels they realistically always are half Belgians and half French.

What´s the trouble then? Don´t quite know. Never has been any trouble to not to know something.

Never. So never. So... You figure.

But the real trouble is to mix the Chinese and Japanese, that´s something of which I personally do not like anymore. How can Chinese can be confused with any other nation?? Japanese are such, such a, well, bottlers, generally. That they can well be mixed with all the other Far-East nations and I won´t be too much bothered.

I won´t be either way, to be honest. Because I feel the people are referring to something they really, really represent at. And so I won´t be bothered to mix all those nations as only a few nation can even realistically take some pressure. AND, the people does know that.

Hsss hssss, He´s slightly a cult person around here. That´s why mentioned the name a few times.

And what could the Russian new kid on the block Kakowski do with a proper British coaching??

Never just figured how much walking it would require to gain something. If there´s a one person who wouldn´t give it all away after gaining an advantage; it is him. Half cat, half Sicilian. Hope so.

Postby chengdufan

HappyCamper wrote:he has jamaican parents, though i think he was born in the midlands somewhere.

That's the answer I was looking for. Thanks HappyC.
I looked into it. Apparently his parents both sadly passed on recently. Understandable he'd like to represent Jamaica in the circumstances.