Post a reply

Re: Pink Ball's top 125 matches since 1980: the 2020 update

Postby Pink Ball

Pink Ball wrote:
TheRocket wrote:great list but I'd have included Robertson Trump CoC final 2019. One of the best finals ever imo. Certainly in terms of standard. And it went to a decider.

It's in 26th place.
Last edited by Pink Ball on 05 Sep 2020, edited 2 times in total.

Postby D4P

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:2. 2020 World Championship semi-final: Ronnie O’Sullivan 17-16 Mark Selby

:bowdown:

Just finished watching it a few days ago. Can't believe some of those long reds Ronnie took on and potted in the last few frames...

Postby Holden Chinaski

D4P wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:2. 2020 World Championship semi-final: Ronnie O’Sullivan 17-16 Mark Selby

:bowdown:

Just finished watching it a few days ago. Can't believe some of those long reds Ronnie took on and potted in the last few frames...

I still can't believe how relaxed and cool Ronnie looked during those last frames. The more pressure there was, the better he was playing. Even when the match was over you could not see any emotion on his face. No fist pump or nothing. Just casually walked away. He was like a Buddhist monk or something.

Postby D4P

Holden Chinaski wrote:I still can't believe how relaxed and cool Ronnie looked during those last frames. The more pressure there was, the better he was playing. Even when the match was over you could not see any emotion on his face. No fist pump or nothing. Just casually walked away. He was like a Buddhist monk or something.

I gather that's what he's been working on with SP. I do wonder, though, what Steve thinks/says about some of the crazy shots Ronnie takes on...

Postby Ck147

Pink Ball wrote:All sorted now to include Robertson-Trump in the CoC final

Good man, might have had it slightly higher myself, maybe just inside top 20, but it's your list and a good list, so not going to argue the case.

Postby Pink Ball

Ck147 wrote:

Good man, might have had it slightly higher myself, maybe just inside top 20, but it's your list and a good list, so not going to argue the case.

Nah, 26th is about right. The standard is insanely high though.
Last edited by Pink Ball on 05 Sep 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Ck147

Pink Ball wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

Nah, 24th is about right. The standard is insanely high though.

Fair enough, a few are before my time - only really remember from 85 final onwards and then had a few gaps due to life getting in the way - why I wasn't going to argue!

Postby Pink Ball

Ck147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

Fair enough, a few are before my time - only really remember from 85 final onwards and then had a few gaps due to life getting in the way - why I wasn't going to argue!

I had meant 26th place! I mistakenly had it and the 2019 Tour Championship semi-final swapped.

26th is very, very high though. That top 50 is insane.

Postby Ck147

Pink Ball wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

I had meant 26th place! I mistakenly had it and the 2019 Tour Championship semi-final swapped.

26th is very, very high though. That top 50 is insane.

Pink...I'm coming for you :)

Postby chengdufan

Pink Ball wrote:
Iranu wrote:Both of you need to get better in bed.

I was joking. I am dynamite in the sack.

Your partner gets you started, then runs away, and a few seconds later you explode while she watches from a distance?

Postby Ck147

Pink Ball wrote:

I wasn't joking. I am a sack of spuds.

Postby Holden Chinaski

chengdufan wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Your partner gets you started, then runs away, and a few seconds later you explode while she watches from a distance?

rofl rofl