Post a reply

Re: HENDRY IS BACK! 2 YEAR TOUR CARD!

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:This is a good move from Hearn. Snooker's getting a lot of publicity. First Ronnie winning the worlds, now Hendry's coming back. Hendry was even in Belgian news media today.

indeed. It can only be good for Snooker if the two greatest players of all time dominate the headlines.

It would be better if the young guns were. But at least it’s making news.

Postby SnookerEd25

(primarily because if Hell did freezeover & those 2 did manage to contest a World final, Hendry would win.

Postby TheRocket

Holden Chinaski wrote:Imagine Jimmy beating Hendry in a World final. Wow.

If Jimmy had beaten Hendry in 1994 it would have been the fairytale ending. After all the pain Jimmy and his fans had to suffer through the years.

And even though I'm not a Jimmyfan it always hurts me when I watch him missing that black.

Postby hendry_fan

Well.

I,m absolutley stunned,shocked,amazed,jaw dropped,gobsmacked!- :dizzy: :shock:

I was so stunned,shocked,amazed,jaw dropped,gobsmacked,i had a good few tears in my eyes when i read about it.

After i read about it,i layed on my sofa for about 1/2 an hour in pure silence,was still trying to digest n believe what i,d just read. <laugh>

About 2,3 years before he retired,i wrote,i,m not expecting much more from Stephen,every win,century,any other thing he can add is a bonus and low n bhold,8 YEARS LATER,i,m gonna now write the same. :-D

It,s gonna be very intresting to see what changes Stephen will make :chin: ,if bl**dy any. <laugh>

EG,.....

Will he play a more balanced game.

Will he play more safety instead of almost going for everything.

Will he play on when he needs 3,4 + snookers.

Will he try,try more to win scrappy frames.

Will he fight for every last crumb.

will he put the practice in.

And it,s gonna be very intrestin to see IF,.....

He,ll serve up lots of chips n eggs,beans on toast,or will he serve up many 4,5 star dishes.

He,ll often get his bottom spanked.

He,ll often spank bottoms.

He,ll make many 50+ breaks.

He,ll make a century.

He,ll make a maxi.

He,ll "Clear up and win the frame".

He,ll make many frame winning breaks.

He,ll win a match.

He,ll even win a frame.

He can make a 20+ break.

Etc,etc,...........

:-D

Boy,it,s gonna be very,verry,verrrrrry intrestin,exciting. :mental:

I,as i,m sure many,many others are delighted that he,s decided to give it a go again,it,s great for Snooker.

:welcomes: WELCOME BACK SIR STEPHEN!. :happy:

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:I'm excited for HendryFan!

A BIG,massive TAAAAAAAAAAA Dear Dan- :cat: :clap: <ok>

I was feeling as flat as a pancake the last few weeks,but i feel as Square as a cube now. :-D :cracker: :happy: :mental: :mental: :mental:

Postby Juddernaut88

The_Abbott wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Come on Hendry please do something very special :)

get pumped 4-0 x 7 times and 5-0 x 6 times?

Win a ranking event and have a very consistent season was what I was implying. It's very unlikely but anything could happen.

Postby Iranu

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:We could see the Hendry v Yan Bingtao dream match that never seemed possible.

Hendry sat in his seat, mouthing to the camera, “I don’t know what type of player he’s supposed to be,” as he loses 4-0.

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:I cant wait to see Carter v Hendry. Its like Hulk Hogan v The Undertaker.

rofl

Meanwhile, Phil Yates:

Postby Wildey

I Can't believe how much Hendry is being backed hes 500-1 to win the World Title with some bookies put that in to context that's the same as Alan McManus and Jamie Clarke who played at the crucible this year Hendry not played on tour for 8 years

And Jimmy White who beat Stephen in the seniors is 1500-1.

That means people are actually putting money on Hendry to win.

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:Hendry being the same odds as Clarke seems about right. McManus not so much.

Clarke played more Snooker at the Crucible than Hendry has in 8 years even in practice.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Iranu wrote:Hendry being the same odds as Clarke seems about right. McManus not so much.

Clarke played more Snooker at the Crucible than Hendry has in 8 years even in practice.

Yeah, so?

Hendry is still a much better player now than Clarke will ever be.

Postby shanew48

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Yeah, so?

Hendry is still a much better player now than Clarke will ever be.

I'm not sure that that is in fact true, well i don't think the scoreline would reflect that as in I think Clarke would beat Hendry if they played tomorrow.

Postby lhpirnie

Iranu wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:We could see the Hendry v Yan Bingtao dream match that never seemed possible.

Hendry sat in his seat, mouthing to the camera, “I don’t know what type of player he’s supposed to be,” as he loses 4-0.

Hendry and Yan Bingtao have played several practice matches at Victoria's. Generally, in practice Yan is a very attacking player, but he seems to go into his shell on TV tables. That's probably what Hendry is referring to when he's employed as a pundit.

Postby Prop

There’s something that hasn’t been talked about here:

The yips.

Surely if it was bad enough to force his decline it must be an issue waiting to hamstring him again. As far as I understand it, it’s not a technical issue that can be ‘trained out’ like bad alignment or moving on a shot. More a psychological tic that never really goes away.

If he’s to stand any chance, you’d think he’d have to somehow deal with that. The lack of match play on the main tour for all these years is another issue entirely.

Good luck to him though. It’d be brilliant to see him make a respectable go of it.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Prop wrote:There’s something that hasn’t been talked about here:

The yips.

Surely if it was bad enough to force his decline it must be an issue waiting to hamstring him again. As far as I understand it, it’s not a technical issue that can be ‘trained out’ like bad alignment or moving on a shot. More a psychological tic that never really goes away.

If he’s to stand any chance, you’d think he’d have to somehow deal with that. The lack of match play on the main tour for all these years is another issue entirely.

Good luck to him though. It’d be brilliant to see him make a respectable go of it.

I think the Yips can go away. I think there have been golfers who had it and then lost it. Maybe Sight Right has helped Hendry, maybe just taking some time off has cured his yips... I think it's possible.