Post a reply

Re: HENDRY IS BACK! 2 YEAR TOUR CARD!

Postby Acé

Pink Ball wrote:This is farcical at this stage. It'll be nice to have him back, and if any former pro has earned this kind of preferential treatment, it's him, but it doesn't sit well with me.

Does this PROFESSIONAL TOUR really not have 128 players? :dizzy:

I mean it's a cool return but it just sounds fishy, they only had 126 players?

Postby Acé

We all know where this discussion is gonna go so I'll bucking spearhead it anyway LMAO:

not a COINCIDENCE that Hendry decided to come back after Ronnie's 6th WC win. He genuinely wants to give a few more cracks at the WC at least

all his records are gone, BUT it will be in vain IMO but he'll try which is the main thing I guess

Ronnie will last much longer cuz well, he has genuine longevity and might spur him on more

Postby Ck147

Really? Bit surprised, but will be interesting to see him play on the tour, wonder if Davis will have a word with Hearn now...lol. One thing doing pretty well in the seniors, but another thing against current pro's, good luck to him though.

Postby Iranu

Acé wrote:We all know where this discussion is gonna go so I'll bucking spearhead it anyway LMAO:

not a COINCIDENCE that Hendry decided to come back after Ronnie's 6th WC win. He genuinely wants to give a few more cracks at the WC at least

all his records are gone, BUT it will be in vain IMO but he'll try which is the main thing I guess

Ronnie will last much longer cuz well, he has genuine longevity and might spur him on more

Hendry’s back because Sight Right has finally given him some confidence in his game that’s been lacking for 10+ years. I think it would have happened regardless of Ronnie’s 6th win.

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:This is farcical at this stage. It'll be nice to have him back, and if any former pro has earned this kind of preferential treatment, it's him, but it doesn't sit well with me.

I feel like it’s less farcical right now because so many of the tour could feasibly have travel problems and miss significant chunks of the tour.

Postby Acé

Iranu wrote:Hendry’s back because Sight Right has finally given him some confidence in his game that’s been lacking for 10+ years. I think it would have happened regardless of Ronnie’s 6th win.

Doubt it he just wanted to use that technique for the Seniors and get a place in the champion of champions, he was more than content with that

whole another level when you return back to the Tour. Different ball game. If Ronnie was on 5 he would've never come back, certainly not on the professional tour.

The timing of it is spot on Hendry's not the type of guy who'd come back just for "fun" like Jimmy White keeps playing despite all the losses, his WC is legit under threat

Postby Acé

cuz Hendry has nothing to prove and he said himself he'd be gutted if Ronnie equals or surpasses on Twitter after Ronnie won his 6th

he wants a few more good shots at keeping that secure

Postby eraserhead

Excited to see how he does. Should be prepared to get thrashed by the top players, but hope he does the whole 2 years to see if he can get close to some good form.

Postby Iranu

Acé wrote:
Iranu wrote:Hendry’s back because Sight Right has finally given him some confidence in his game that’s been lacking for 10+ years. I think it would have happened regardless of Ronnie’s 6th win.

Doubt it he just wanted to use that technique for the Seniors and get a place in the champion of champions, he was more than content with that

whole another level when you return back to the Tour. Different ball game. If Ronnie was on 5 he would've never come back, certainly not on the professional tour.

The timing of it is spot on Hendry's not the type of guy who'd come back just for "fun" like Jimmy White keeps playing despite all the losses, his WC is legit under threat

No way would Hendry be coming back if it weren’t for Sight Right. The Seniors was a chance for him to test where his game was, particularly potting. And his long potting was excellent throughout.

I agree he wouldn’t be coming back if he didn’t think he could win things. But I don’t think he gave a rubbish about the Seniors beyond an easy payday and to test his game. And yeah the CoC would have been a nice bonus but Hendry wouldn’t have wanted to get there and be embarrassed.

I think he’s taken the card because he legitimately thinks he can do damage. He joined Sight Right well before Ronnie’s 6th win and I don’t think he’d have done that without a return to the tour in mind - why would he waste the money for the sake of beating a bunch of hasbeens?

Postby eraserhead

He's seen the numpties and fancies his chances. It's players like Joe Perry and Mark Davis that will be causing him problems.

Postby Empire State Human

eraserhead wrote:He's seen the numpties and fancies his chances. It's players like Joe Perry and Mark Davis that will be causing him problems.

I'm afraid last week we saw that Jimmy White was causing him problems.

Postby Wildey

Cant see why he would want to do this im amazed.

He must see he has a chance to do some damaged or why would he come back sure as hell hes not coming back to lose early and if he does can't see him staying long.

I Wished he hadent bothered not a fan of these wild cards

Postby Acé

Iranu wrote:No way would Hendry be coming back if it weren’t for Sight Right. The Seniors was a chance for him to test where his game was, particularly potting. And his long potting was excellent throughout.

I agree he wouldn’t be coming back if he didn’t think he could win things. But I don’t think he gave a rubbish about the Seniors beyond an easy payday and to test his game. And yeah the CoC would have been a nice bonus but Hendry wouldn’t have wanted to get there and be embarrassed.

I think he’s taken the card because he legitimately thinks he can do damage. He joined Sight Right well before Ronnie’s 6th win and I don’t think he’d have done that without a return to the tour in mind - why would he waste the money for the sake of beating a bunch of hasbeens?

Hendry only wanted to get into the CoC that was his only goal he actually wanted to play there, he's never wanted to come back to the tour in fact he hated the idea of it and invitational cards until now. What after 8 years and Ronnie wins his 6th he decides to come back now?

either way he's a goal driven character he knows his WC is under threat and his ranking title record got broken, if he didn't come back to win more things then it'd be pointless, he's trying to salvage a few things.

He's not here for the fun of it that's not Hendry

Postby eraserhead

Empire State Human wrote:
eraserhead wrote:He's seen the numpties and fancies his chances. It's players like Joe Perry and Mark Davis that will be causing him problems.

That’s why I want to see him stick with it. You have to expect sone rustiness to start with in proper matches.

Postby Wildey

Empire State Human wrote:

Yea but to be fair he hasent played more than about 10 competitive matches in 8 years, and he almost took jimmy to a decider if he's coming back he will put in the work

Postby Iranu

Acé wrote:
Iranu wrote:No way would Hendry be coming back if it weren’t for Sight Right. The Seniors was a chance for him to test where his game was, particularly potting. And his long potting was excellent throughout.

Hendry only wanted to get into the CoC that was his only goal he actually wanted to play there, he's never wanted to come back to the tour in fact he hated the idea of it and invitational cards until now. What after 8 years and Ronnie wins his 6th he decides to come back now?

either way he's a goal driven character he knows his WC is under threat and his ranking title record got broken, if he didn't come back to win more things then it'd be pointless, he's trying to salvage a few things.

He's not here for the fun of it that's not Hendry

I 100% agree that he wouldn’t have come back for the fun of it. No arguments there.

But as I say he joined Sight Right long before Ronnie’s 6th world title. He wouldn’t have done that just to get knocked out in the first round of the CoC, for the exact reasons you mentioned.

He’s back because he feels his game’s in good enough shape (or can be) to win tournaments.

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:Cant see why he would want to do this im amazed.

He must see he has a chance to do some damaged or why would he come back sure as hell hes not coming back to lose early and if he does can't see him staying long.

I Wished he hadent bothered not a fan of these wild cards

This must be a weird feeling for you as a fan.

I think the Seniors showed him enough to be confident that Sight Right is working. His long potting was great and you’d hope the rest would come with match practice. Whether it makes him successful at tour level remains to be seen.

Postby D4P

I watched the first few minutes of a video he posted on Instagram earlier this hour and he said that he's not planning to play a full schedule, but wants to play the "odd" tournament.

Postby Acé

Iranu wrote:I 100% agree that he wouldn’t have come back for the fun of it. No arguments there.

But as I say he joined Sight Right long before Ronnie’s 6th world title. He wouldn’t have done that just to get knocked out in the first round of the CoC, for the exact reasons you mentioned.

He’s back because he feels his game’s in good enough shape (or can be) to win tournaments.

Probably wants to beat up Carter lol