Post a reply

Re: Fix You: Ronnie's Highs and Lows at the Worlds

Postby D4P

I love the song, and it almost made it into my "top 8 tracks to take with me to Pinkball's island".

Thanks Dan, that was great. A very cathartic win for Ronnie, to help wash away a lot of disappointment and heartbreak...

Postby Andre147

D4P wrote:I love the song, and it almost made it into my "top 8 tracks to take with me to Pinkball's island".

Thanks Dan, that was great. A very cathartic win for Ronnie, to help wash away a lot of disappointment and heartbreak...

:-D <ok> :-D

Postby Iranu

Cloud Strife wrote:Hate that Coldplay song. It's suicide music at its finest.

Couldn't they have found something abit more upbeat to go with this video?

:goodpost:

It’s a rubbish song. Shame really.

Postby D4P

Pink Ball wrote:Wow, what a roller-coaster it has been guys. So happy you had your happy ending after 27 years of psychological torture #DontStopBelieving

It has been a particularly difficult journey for me, as I've been following Ronnie since all the way back in early 2017.

Postby D4P

Holden Chinaski wrote:I have always believed in Ronnie. I still think he can win a lot more, even a couple more World titles. Never lost faith. He's too good.

I never doubted that he was still good enough to win, but I did reach the conclusion (after last season) that he didn't care about about winning another WC to be willing to commit himself to trying 100%. Once he started playing kamikaze this season, I started to believe that he was aiming for #6....

Postby Holden Chinaski

D4P wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:I have always believed in Ronnie. I still think he can win a lot more, even a couple more World titles. Never lost faith. He's too good.

I never doubted that he was still good enough to win, but I did reach the conclusion (after last season) that he didn't care about about winning another WC to be willing to commit himself to trying 100%. Once he started playing kamikaze this season, I started to believe that he was aiming for #6....

One thing I have learned after watching Ronnie for so many years: no matter how bad it looks at times, he will always come back when you least expect it and do magnificent things. He's unpredictable, but you can count on his unbelievable talent and bottle to shine, even when you think it's over. I think it will be like this until the day he retires. Those last 3 frames against Selby proved that he is still capable of turning it on, and when he does he's still the best. He can have two rubbish seasons now, not win anything, and I will still think he'll come back and win some more titles.

Postby Cloud Strife

D4P wrote:

And even Jimmy managed to get his moment in the sun last night, finally triumphing at the Crucible after all these years.

What a few weeks it has been for snooker's two most long-suffering fanbases.

Postby HustleKing

Iranu wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Hate that Coldplay song. It's suicide music at its finest.

Couldn't they have found something abit more upbeat to go with this video?

:goodpost:

It’s a rubbish song. Shame really.

Better than the vast majority of their music post-2005

Postby Dan-cat

I'm not a big Coldplay fan by any stretch but this is one of their high spots and perfect for the sentiment of the film.

I love music that makes you feel sad. Reminds you you are alive and in touch with your emotions. It's a jam because it's sad.

Postby SnookerFan

It must be torture for Ronnie fans. Only 37 rankings events, including a paltry six World Title wins. And if that wasn't bad enough, he's won a pathetic seven Masters titles.

When will this drought end for his poor, poor fans?

Postby chengdufan

SnookerFan wrote:It must be torture for Ronnie fans. Only 37 rankings events, including a paltry six World Title wins. And if that wasn't bad enough, he's won a pathetic seven Masters titles.

He just hasn't put the effort in for about 28 years now. You can tell he doesn't care when he plays. It's disrespectful to the game and to his fans.

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:I'm not a big Coldplay fan by any stretch but this is one of their high spots and perfect for the sentiment of the film.

I love music that makes you feel sad. Reminds you you are alive and in touch with your emotions. It's a jam because it's sad.

Well as you know I'm a massive Coldplay fan, this is one of their best songs and it fits the video perfectly. You can't please everybody, and of course that means some not liking the song.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:It must be torture for Ronnie fans. Only 37 rankings events, including a paltry six World Title wins. And if that wasn't bad enough, he's won a pathetic seven Masters titles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSy5mEcmgwU