Post a reply

Re: Let me explain Why Ronnie Will Never Win Sports Personal

Postby shanew48

HustleKing wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:He is an ugly f*cker and isn't a good image for Britain.

If your talking about Ronnie he ain't ugly, he's got those fine wine Italian stallion genes!

Yeah Ronnie is far from ugly. everyone knows that the best looking players on tour are as follows:

1.) Ronnie O'Sullivan
2.) Jordan Brown

And so on.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

During the 80's the Sports Personality of the Year was just a programme reviewing the year in sport with a few awards. Now it's an overblown propaganda rally for "Team GB". Even if Snooker had the same popularity as in the 80's I'm not sure if O'Sullivan would win it.

Postby vodkadiet1

HustleKing wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:He is an ugly f*cker and isn't a good image for Britain.

If your talking about Ronnie he ain't ugly, he's got those fine wine Italian stallion genes!

Ronnie O'Sullivan is a beauty!!

rofl rofl rofl rofl

Postby Prop

Surely it’s more to do with Ronnie being fiercely anti-establishment. The BBC are the epitome of establishment. It just wouldn’t sit right with the blazers.

And let’s be honest, it’s got nothing to do with personality. When people like Lewis Hamilton are in the conversation you realise it’s complete bullocks. A piece of wood has more personality than him.

Postby Andre147

Pink Ball wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I can't wait for this year's SPOTY to find out more about the fascinating and clean stories behind Mo Farah and Team Sky.

Mo Farah and Lance Armstrong have never tested positive man.

I've shat more integrity.

rofl <ok>

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Pink Ball wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I can't wait for this year's SPOTY to find out more about the fascinating and clean stories behind Mo Farah and Team Sky.

Mo Farah and Lance Armstrong have never tested positive man.

I've shat more integrity.

Think Reardon and Hunter were clean though.

Postby Marco (not fu)

Ck147 wrote:Snooker is a pastime like golf. If you don't sweat it's not a sport, Mags doesn't count as that's alcohol sweats.

But, football is a pastime for 99% of people that play, and snooker can be a career. Is football not a sport if it's a kick around in the park? Does snooker become a sport if it is a career rather than a pastime? I don't think whether something is a pastime has any bearing on it. Not that I see why it matters to be honest.

Plenty of F1 drivers have been nominated for BBC SPOTY, and surely that's the laziest of sports? I get more of a sweat in the snooker club than I would driving round the London Orbital.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Marco (not fu) wrote:
Ck147 wrote:Snooker is a pastime like golf. If you don't sweat it's not a sport, Mags doesn't count as that's alcohol sweats.

But, football is a pastime for 99% of people that play, and snooker can be a career. Is football not a sport if it's a kick around in the park? Does snooker become a sport if it is a career rather than a pastime? I don't think whether something is a pastime has any bearing on it. Not that I see why it matters to be honest.

Plenty of F1 drivers have been nominated for BBC SPOTY, and surely that's the laziest of sports? I get more of a sweat in the snooker club than I would driving round the London Orbital.

:goodpost:

Postby Prop

Marco (not fu) wrote:

Professional racing drivers, and particularly the Formulas and Le Mans drivers, actually have to be pretty fit and strong to cope with the g-force throughout a race. You never see an out of shape racing driver.

Postby shanew48

Marco (not fu) wrote:

F1 is defiantly not for lazy, unfit people, they have to extremely fit to be F1 drivers, I don't like or watch F1 but just thought I'd correct you on that point.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

shanew48 wrote:
Marco (not fu) wrote:

F1 is defiantly not for lazy, unfit people, they have to extremely fit to be F1 drivers, I don't like or watch F1 but just thought I'd correct you on that point.

You didn't correct him at all. You have to be fit to be a scaffolder but it's not an Olympic sport. Muppet post

Postby shanew48

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
shanew48 wrote:
Marco (not fu) wrote:

You didn't correct him at all. You have to be fit to be a scaffolder but it's not an Olympic sport. Muppet post

the Olympic sport wasn't the issue, I was correcting him on the fact that he stated that F1 is the laziest of sports, which it isn't. x

Postby Iranu

If sports were only sports because you had to be physically fit to play them, if that was the only criterion, the fittest ones would always be the best. Apart from things like long distance running and cycling, that’s not the case for most sports.

Messi’s not the best footballer just because he’s fitter than everyone else. Federer’s not the best tennis player just because he’s fitter than everyone else. There are myriad factors of which fitness is just one.

Postby vodkadiet1

shanew48 wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:
Prop wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:The only way is ethics....

Chris Eubank was at it too?!?!

He killed a guy on the motorway. Scumbag.

Did he? I didn't think there were actually fatalities? please correct me if I'm wrong.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/b ... 40977.html

Postby Ck147

Come on guys, as much as we love snooker, it's a game, you can't put it in the same category as running, cycling, swimming, F1, hula hooping or limbo dancing. We all know it sits along side chess and tiddlywinks. Get over it.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Ck147 wrote:Come on guys, as much as we love snooker, it's a game, you can't put it in the same category as running, cycling, swimming, F1, hula hooping or limbo dancing. We all know it sits along side chess and tiddlywinks. Get over it.

Good point - think Bigbreak nailed it:

It's only a game, so
Put up a real good fight.
I'm gonna be
Snookering you tonight