Post a reply

Re: Let me explain Why Ronnie Will Never Win Sports Personal

Postby Holden Chinaski

vodkadiet1 wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:He has the personality of an antagonistic ant. That's why he'll never win it. If he defended his sport/game once he would be a little more worthy. I fine it laughable that Davis backs him for SPOY when he sees how he behaves in matchs like the Selby one. Much more of a disgrace than a personality.

His deluded fans just encourage him to be an even bigger f*cktard than he already is.

Yes, you, on the other hand, seem to have a wonderful personality pmsl

Postby McManusFan

Prop wrote:
mantorok wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:Come on guys, as much as we love snooker, it's a game, you can't put it in the same category as running, cycling, swimming, F1, hula hooping or limbo dancing. We all know it sits along side chess and tiddlywinks. Get over it.

Yes. Snooker isn't a sport. Neither are darts or golf. If you can be competitive with a fat stomach then it isn't a sport.

Is sumo wrestling a sport?

The Sumos have tried to get it recognised by the IOC for Tokyo, but so far the IOC have said no.

So if you want to base it on that, there’s your answer!

Surely that's more to do with it being only big in Japan (if you'll pardon the pun!). They aren't going to include a sport at an international event if only one or two countries can field a competitive team.

I personally think snooker, darts and even bloody golf are clearly sports. For something to be a competitive game which isn't a sport it would have to be a purely mental exercise, e.g. chess.

Postby shanew48

Holden Chinaski wrote:
shanew48 wrote:You don't see the high jump or long jump athletes "have a couple of magners" between their first attempt during the final and their 2nd attempt do you, that's why those are sports and snooker cannot be considered a sport unless you are going to tell me Stephen Lee was an athlete, overall this isn't even a debate if looked at logically, but clearly not everyone is looking at it logically hence why there have been so many responses to my original post.

You do realise Steve Davis won it?

Yes I do, doesn't make it any more of a sport though, Darts is popular amongst a certain underclass of society but that doesn't make it a sport. All these games do take a lot of skill, that is not in dispute, I just don't think drinking alchol at half time and then coming out performing better can make something worthy of the title of being a sport.

Postby shanew48

And besides it not widely considered a sport, the fact that Ronnie comes from a very questionable family/background doesn't do his chances any good, I think there is more than likely some gypsy blood in the O' Sullivan's going by the way his old man conducted himself and the way Ronnie has previously behaved.

Postby SnookerFan

Who cares whether it's a sport or a game?

I've had people say that to me before. "Oh, I don't consider snooker a sport."

I shrug, or say; "And?"

And they'll go; "Oh don't get me wrong, it's very skillful. And I'm not saying you shouldn't enjoy it."

I'll just; "Then, why the buck are you telling me?"

They'll acknowledge that their opinion doesn't change anything about it. So why do people keep insisting that I hear said opinion? People always say it in such a smug way, as if I should be upset when they say it. They can consider snooker to be a chicken casserole for all I care.

Postby Iranu

shanew48 wrote:And besides it not widely considered a sport, the fact that Ronnie comes from a very questionable family/background doesn't do his chances any good, I think there is more than likely some gypsy blood in the O' Sullivan's going by the way his old man conducted himself and the way Ronnie has previously behaved.

Both the word “gypsy” and your description of their morals is offensive. Well done.

Postby SnookerFan

McManusFan wrote:Surely that's more to do with it being only big in Japan (if you'll pardon the pun!). They aren't going to include a sport at an international event if only one or two countries can field a competitive team.

I personally think snooker, darts and even bloody golf are clearly sports. For something to be a competitive game which isn't a sport it would have to be a purely mental exercise, e.g. chess.

Basically, the term 'sport' is used colloquially to be mean; "played professionally and televised" anyway.

They put snooker on sports channels, for example. It may a game, but it's a closer to a sport than it is anything else, so it gets classified at such. You're not going to put The World Snooker Championship on the movie channels, are you?

Postby mantorok

Iranu wrote:
shanew48 wrote:And besides it not widely considered a sport, the fact that Ronnie comes from a very questionable family/background doesn't do his chances any good, I think there is more than likely some gypsy blood in the O' Sullivan's going by the way his old man conducted himself and the way Ronnie has previously behaved.

Both the word “gypsy” and your description of their morals is offensive. Well done.

Agreed. Reported.

Postby shanew48

Iranu wrote:

I think your PC ness has got out of hand, even gypsy's call themselves gypsy's so as far as I'm aware, unless the PC rules have changed very recently, you are allowed to use the word gypsy still? Also I didn't mention about morals anywhere in my post did I, all I said is that his old man conducted himself in a poor way, bearing in mind I was referring to the fact that he stabbed a black man to death (where apparently racist language was used) I think I was fairly reasonable and was just stating facts, also saying that Ronnie has misbehaved previously is fair comment also.

With regards to gypsy's, are they all terrible people? of course not, but it can't be denied that they live by a different set of rules/morals to non gypsy's, surely that can't be argued can it?

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:The hatred for Ronnie is baffling at times. He's just a snooker player ffs. Jealousy is an ugly thing.

You could say the same thing about the over the top love for him. Baffling. He's just a snooker player.

Well, this is a snooker forum for people who love snooker...

Postby mantorok

SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:The hatred for Ronnie is baffling at times. He's just a snooker player ffs. Jealousy is an ugly thing.

You could say the same thing about the over the top love for him. Baffling. He's just a snooker player.

Hardly, we're just celebrating his accomplishments, the hatred sinks to personal attacks and that's barely scratching the surface.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:Well, this is a snooker forum for people who love snooker...

Well exactly. People who love snooker are going to have strong opinions on it.

Saying you don't understand why some people hate a snooker player so much, because he's 'just a snooker player' seems strange. My point was, you might as well just say why do you love him so much? To us, there's no such thing as 'just a snooker player'.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Well, this is a snooker forum for people who love snooker...

Saying you don't understand why some people hate a snooker player so much, because he's 'just a snooker player' seems strange. My point was, you might as well just say why do you love him so much? To us, there's no such thing as 'just a snooker player'.

Look, there are snooker players I dislike as well. But there are posters on here who's only reason to be on this forum is to post vile stuff about Ronnie. I don't get that. I do get it if you dislike Ronnie, of course.

Postby Acé

He should've won the thing when he took the season off and won 2013 WC, i remember that was voted by fans as the 2nd best moment after 1985 final

no one's gonna repeat that or have the balls to even skip an entire season and with the WC of all things

Postby mantorok

SnookerFan wrote:

Jesus we don't want to marry the guy, we're judging him as a player, where-as the hatred resorts to attacking the person, not his snooker or an ability as a player.

That's the difference.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:Look, there are snooker players I dislike as well. But there are posters on here who's only reason to be on this forum is to post vile stuff about Ronnie. I don't get that. I do get it if you dislike Ronnie, of course.

No I get that.

But you could equally point to the people who practically have a mental breakdown every time Ronnie loses the coin toss, as well. There's always going to be weirdos online. On all sides.

Postby Prop

shanew48 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

I think your PC ness has got out of hand, even gypsy's call themselves gypsy's so as far as I'm aware, unless the PC rules have changed very recently, you are allowed to use the word gypsy still? Also I didn't mention about morals anywhere in my post did I, all I said is that his old man conducted himself in a poor way, bearing in mind I was referring to the fact that he stabbed a black man to death (where apparently racist language was used) I think I was fairly reasonable and was just stating facts, also saying that Ronnie has misbehaved previously is fair comment also.

With regards to gypsy's, are they all terrible people? of course not, but it can't be denied that they live by a different set of rules/morals to non gypsy's, surely that can't be argued can it?

I’m going to have to stop you there, that’s unforgivable - it’s gypsies, not gypsy’s.

As you were :-)

Postby SnookerFan

mantorok wrote:Jesus we don't want to marry the guy, we're judging him as a player, where-as the hatred resorts to attacking the person, not his snooker or an ability as a player.

That's the difference.

People have a go at Shaun Murphy's personality, or Mark Allen's personality too. That's not exclusive to Ronnie.

You could argue that it's not right about any player, and I wouldn't disagree with you. (Though, I'd be hypocritical, as I do it myself. I had a go at McGill for his outburst against Clarke, for example.)

I will accept that it's probably more passionate about Ronnie though. I think Ronnie's a fanny, and won't pretend that I don't. But some of the people obsessed by criticising him seem as odd to me, as they do to you. But then I find the massive panic every time he plays a ball even slightly wrong, as well. Rubbish does seem to be spoken about him both ways. You yourself were quoting a lot of his fans who were panicking that he had no chance of winning a 6th World Title literally days before he did.

Postby SteveJJ

HustleKing wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:
HustleKing wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:Has more of a chance this year with a lot of sport being cancelled.

No Olympics, Wimbledon, Euro 2020. No major cricket candidates. Not much rugby or golf.

He should at least make the list. Might be a Lewis Hamilton year though

Jordan Henderson will win by a country mile, as he's a media darling (not that I want him to win, when he wasn't even the best player in his league)

Liverpool will win the team event. Not sure if Henderson will win. Kane more likely and he hasn't won anything

Vardy won the Golden Boot with Danny Ings ahead of Kane, so don't know where you're getting Kane from?

Good points about Vardy and Ings. Was going for more name recognition from the general public.

Although Kane did achieve something no one else has and may not again for some time.

Hes the first person to score a premier league goal on every day of the week and one in all 12 months of the year.

Postby Andy Sparky

Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Look, there are snooker players I dislike as well. But there are posters on here who's only reason to be on this forum is to post vile stuff about Ronnie. I don't get that. I do get it if you dislike Ronnie, of course.

I can understand why people hate certain snooker players.

People who are on T.V. an awful lot tend to just become like annoying “things” that flit across your screen. They are real people, but they seem more like little sprites that reflect your own personality or life philosophy.

Postby shanew48

Andy Sparky wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I can understand why people hate certain snooker players.

People who are on T.V. an awful lot tend to just become like annoying “things” that flit across your screen. They are real people, but they seem more like little sprites that reflect your own personality or life philosophy.

Like Shaun "the condescension" Murphy? he annoys me.

Postby shanew48

Andy Sparky wrote:
shanew48 wrote:
Like Shaun "the condescension" Murphy? he annoys me.

Yes, it is not so much the individual person, it is the sprite flitting across your screen that reflects a kind of behaviour (psychological and sociological) that you hate.

Meh, not really, i genuine dislike him as an individual.

Postby chengdufan

Marco (not fu) wrote:Also, George Foreman and Bernard Hopkins weren't far off 50,and did okay for themselves. Really, this is an argument that has been done to death, it doesn't matter, just like whether a jaffa cake is a biscuit. Pointless

A jaffa cake isn't a biscuit. Are you crazy?? The clue is in the name.

Postby SnookerFan

chengdufan wrote:
Marco (not fu) wrote:Also, George Foreman and Bernard Hopkins weren't far off 50,and did okay for themselves. Really, this is an argument that has been done to death, it doesn't matter, just like whether a jaffa cake is a biscuit. Pointless

A jaffa cake isn't a biscuit. Are you crazy?? The clue is in the name.

Jaffa Cakes are officially cakes. It has been decided in court, believe it or not.

https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/jaf ... our-391568

Postby Dan-cat

vodkadiet1 wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:He has the personality of an antagonistic ant. That's why he'll never win it. If he defended his sport/game once he would be a little more worthy. I fine it laughable that Davis backs him for SPOY when he sees how he behaves in matchs like the Selby one. Much more of a disgrace than a personality.

His deluded fans just encourage him to be an even bigger f*cktard than he already is.

Enjoy a week off Vodka. Outright player insults is not on.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Dan-cat wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:

Enjoy a week off Vodka. Outright player insults is not on.

:hatoff: