Post a reply

Re: When Ronnie Fans Attack!

Postby SnookerEd25

mantorok wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
mantorok wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Somebody compared his Crucible record to Jimmy White, for buck sake.

JFC, who the hell was spouting that rubbish?

rofl

I forget, but I'm exaggerating.

They said they got as nervous watching Ronnie play at The Crucible as they did watching Jimmy White play there.

That's hilarious, considering Jimmy was probably snake hissed half the time or on coke, or both.

One cancels out the other; so in effect, he'd have been sober as a judge.

Postby Acé

A bit ironic coming from Snookerfan

this is the guy who said age isn't on Selby's side and he isn't the same player he once was when talking about Selby's future WC chances

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Ronnie is OLDER and past his prime too, if Selby gets the age excuses instead then Ronnie deserves 10x given he's been a pro for far longer and top of the game than Selby lmao and before this tournament Selby was a much more recent winner of the WC, 3 TIMES in fact compared to ROS who hadn't reached the one table setup for 6 years

ROS fans have every right to be negative at Ronnie's age, he lost against Carter and Cahill last 2 times

LMAO

"Age isn't on Selby's side" what a load of trash.

Postby Dragonfly

Andre147 wrote:
Dragonfly wrote:To be fair you can be a fan and support a player without having a great deal of optimism that they are going to win.

Plenty of people are fans of football teams that they know haven't got a hope of ever winning anything. But they are fans regardless.

I admit I was kinda shocked when Ronnie beat Selby. Delighted but shocked. I was at the stage where I thought he would never get past 5 world titles. His lacklustre performances at the Crucible since 2014 didn't give me a whole lot of optimism. But you keep on watching and hoping nonetheless.

And now? Do you believe he can win a 7th?

That's a very good question. If O'Sullivan turns up next year in a good state of mind and has a strong desire to win then yes of course he can win another

But what state of mind will he be in. If it's the Ronnie that played Cahill last year then he will lose. There was never any doubt he was going to win more events. But his performances over the last few years, along with his comments about how much he dislikes the 17 day Crucible slog lead me to doubt he would win the Worlds again.

But yes of course if he concentrates and is in a happy state of mind he can win again.

Postby SnookerFan

Acé wrote:A bit ironic coming from Snookerfan

this is the guy who said age isn't on Selby's side and he isn't the same player he once was when talking about Selby's future WC chances

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Ronnie is OLDER and past his prime too, if Selby gets the age excuses instead then Ronnie deserves 10x given he's been a pro for far longer and top of the game than Selby lmao and before this tournament Selby was a much more recent winner of the WC, 3 TIMES in fact compared to ROS who hadn't reached the one table setup for 6 years

ROS fans have every right to be negative at Ronnie's age, he lost against Carter and Cahill last 2 times

LMAO

"Age isn't on Selby's side" what a load of trash.

I wasn't talking about Selby's future World Championship prospects though.

Somebody said that they thought Selby would retire a better player than John Higgins, and I said it was a big claim because age wasn't on Selby's side, and he wasn't the player that he was a couple of years ago. Selby is still many ranking wins behind John Higgins, so he has it all to do if he wants to be mentioned in the same breath as Higgins.

I didn't say he'd never win The World Championship again at all.

Postby Dragonfly

mantorok wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
mantorok wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Somebody compared his Crucible record to Jimmy White, for buck sake.

JFC, who the hell was spouting that rubbish?

rofl

I forget, but I'm exaggerating.

They said they got as nervous watching Ronnie play at The Crucible as they did watching Jimmy White play there.

That's hilarious, considering Jimmy was probably snake hissed half the time or on coke, or both.

I read Jimmy's book. Coke was certainly prominent in his life. I wonder was he under the influence while he played.

Didn't Thorburn get into trouble years ago after testing positive for coke. Though he must have been getting very poor quality stuff. It certainly wasn't making him move much quicker anyhow!