Post a reply

Rory McLeod - Fraud

Postby shanew48

Why you ask? well when he beat Trump at the WC he refused to shake the women referees hand due to his Muslim faith but a few minutes later when he walked into the practice room area to be interviewed by Hazel Irvine and whoever the pundit was, I don't think he realised that the camera was a wide shot and also probably didn't realise that the footage was live (perhaps he thought that the interview would be edited later on and just show him sitting down, he has never struck me as being the brightest so he most probably didn't realise that the interview was live there and then) so he shook pundits hand and Hazels hand without hesitation! which shows that the bit in public was just for show obviously, what a fake!

Talking of religion Shaun "the condescension" Murphy, he stated that he will never forgive his bullies, I thought Christianity was all about forgiveness? Also to be fair it doesn't state anywhere in the bible "thou shall not procure the services of escorts" so that transgression we can let slide i suppose.

Re: Rory McLeod - Fraud

Postby SnookerFan

shanew48 wrote:Why you ask? well when he beat Trump at the WC he refused to shake the women referees hand due to his Muslim faith but a few minutes later when he walked into the practice room area to be interviewed by Hazel Irvine and whoever the pundit was, I don't think he realised that the camera was a wide shot and also probably didn't realise that the footage was live (perhaps he thought that the interview would be edited later on and just show him sitting down, he has never struck me as being the brightest so he most probably didn't realise that the interview was live there and then) so he shook pundits hand and Hazels hand without hesitation! which shows that the bit in public was just for show obviously, what a fake!


Is that true?

Is there any footage online of that happening?

Re: Rory McLeod - Fraud

Postby SnookerFan

SteveJJ wrote:I remember commenting at the time that he shook Hazel's hand


That is weird, to be fair.

I'll defend him not shaking women's hands if it's against his religion. (Even if I disagree with it myself.) But surely, if he's doing it with some and not others that's pretty strange.

Maybe just a moment of madness? Apparently, he never shook Michaela's either.

Re: Rory McLeod - Fraud

Postby Dan-cat

Murphy didn't use escort services. He dated a girl who was an old school friend who had worked as an escort.

But this is the modern disease isn't it? It takes one shitty tabloid ill-informed report, and it forever becomes some shortcut urban myth to be repeated by dullards.

And Ryan Day didn't marry his aunt, for the millionth time

Re: Rory McLeod - Fraud

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:I remember commenting at the time that he shook Hazel's hand


That is weird, to be fair.

I'll defend him not shaking women's hands if it's against his religion. (Even if I disagree with it myself.) But surely, if he's doing it with some and not others that's pretty strange.

Maybe just a moment of madness? Apparently, he never shook Michaela's either.

Yeah, chances are it was a brain fart. Or: times change and he’s become less strict in his religious prectice.

Re: Rory McLeod - Fraud

Postby shanew48

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:I remember commenting at the time that he shook Hazel's hand


That is weird, to be fair.

I'll defend him not shaking women's hands if it's against his religion. (Even if I disagree with it myself.) But surely, if he's doing it with some and not others that's pretty strange.

Maybe just a moment of madness? Apparently, he never shook Michaela's either.

Yeah, chances are it was a brain fart. Or: times change and he’s become less strict in his religious prectice.


I can confirm that I saw both instances with my own eyes so my recollection is correct, if it was a case of times changing and him becoming less strict in his religious practice then this change must of happened in the time it took for him to refuse to shake the women referee's hand and then have a production member mike him up then walk to the practice room, so a total of maybe 2-3 minutes? surely you wouldn't become less strict in your religious practices in that time? shall we just stick to my initial theory that in this respect he was sticking to this Islamic rule when he knew he was on camera but when he thought he wasn't on camera just did the complete opposite? it is something that is forbidden if you are a genuine follower of that particular faith so it's not something that you would just forget 2-3 minutes after making such a point of adhering to only a few minutes earlier?

Re: Rory McLeod - Fraud

Postby Iranu

My bad, misread the thread. Didn’t realise the ref and Hazel occurred within minutes of each other.

Re: Rory McLeod - Fraud

Postby shanew48

Iranu wrote:My bad, misread the thread. Didn’t realise the ref and Hazel occurred within minutes of each other.


I think the only conclusion that can be come to is my original one - Fraud.

Re: Rory McLeod - Fraud

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Murphy didn't use escort services. He dated a girl who was an old school friend who had worked as an escort.

But this is the modern disease isn't it? It takes one shitty tabloid ill-informed report, and it forever becomes some shortcut urban myth to be repeated by dullards.

And Ryan Day didn't marry his aunt, for the millionth time


Who's aunt did he marry?

Re: Rory McLeod - Fraud

Postby chengdufan

Why are you so bothered about how strictly someone follows their religious beliefs? It's between them and the god(s) they believe in.

Re: Rory McLeod - Fraud

Postby SnookerFan

chengdufan wrote:Why are you so bothered about how strictly someone follows their religious beliefs? It's between them and the god(s) they believe in.


Generally agree.

Though if I was one of the women he refused to shake hands, then I saw him shaking hands with another woman, it'd be easy to feel slighted.

But it doesn't really bother me. I'm neither a woman nor a person who has shaked hands with Rory McLeod. So I don't really care.

Re: Rory McLeod - Fraud

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:Maybe slightly disingenuous from Rory, but how does this constitute fraud?


It doesn't.

Re: Rory McLeod - Fraud

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Maybe slightly disingenuous from Rory, but how does this constitute fraud?


Some sanity.

From Cloud of all people.

Re: Rory McLeod - Fraud

Postby Cloud Strife

Iranu wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Maybe slightly disingenuous from Rory, but how does this constitute fraud?


Some sanity.

From Cloud of all people.


You are starting to upset me.

Re: Rory McLeod - Fraud

Postby shanew48

Cloud Strife wrote:Maybe slightly disingenuous from Rory, but how does this constitute fraud?


Obviously I wasn't using the word fraud in the literal legal sense, you seem to have taken the word in an literal autistic way, it's like a figure of speech when you call someone a fraud, you mean that they are dishonest which I think I showed why with regards to the issue of making a big point of not shaking a womens hand, he was.

Re: Rory McLeod - Fraud

Postby SnookerEd25

It was 3 years ago. Take it up with Rory if it bothers you that much.

Re: Rory McLeod - Fraud

Postby Badsnookerplayer

shanew48 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Maybe slightly disingenuous from Rory, but how does this constitute fraud?


Obviously I wasn't using the word fraud in the literal legal sense, you seem to have taken the word in an literal autistic way, it's like a figure of speech when you call someone a fraud, you mean that they are dishonest which I think I showed why with regards to the issue of making a big point of not shaking a womens hand, he was.

Cloud is on the spectrum and often needs things spelt out in a very basic and literal way.

Re: Rory McLeod - Fraud

Postby shanew48

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
shanew48 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Maybe slightly disingenuous from Rory, but how does this constitute fraud?


Obviously I wasn't using the word fraud in the literal legal sense, you seem to have taken the word in an literal autistic way, it's like a figure of speech when you call someone a fraud, you mean that they are dishonest which I think I showed why with regards to the issue of making a big point of not shaking a womens hand, he was.

Cloud is on the spectrum and often needs things spelt out in a very basic and literal way.


Oh right, didn't realise that was the case, obviously no offence meant to him, hope he now comprehends the premise of my original post a little better.

Re: Rory McLeod - Fraud

Postby shanew48

SnookerEd25 wrote:It was 3 years ago. Take it up with Rory if it bothers you that much.


Don't think it is relevant how long ago it was, there is nothing to take up as the actions revealed everything that you need to know.

Re: Rory McLeod - Fraud

Postby SnookerFan

Scooper wrote:It’s barely a step away from Steven Lee


Is he related to Stephen Lee?

Re: Rory McLeod - Fraud

Postby shanew48

SnookerFan wrote:
Scooper wrote:It’s barely a step away from Steven Lee


Is he related to Stephen Lee?


Both dishonest in their own way, obviously Rory doesn't benefit financially, although he was sponsored by ISIS at one point so who knows! lol

Re: Rory McLeod - Fraud

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
shanew48 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Maybe slightly disingenuous from Rory, but how does this constitute fraud?


Obviously I wasn't using the word fraud in the literal legal sense, you seem to have taken the word in an literal autistic way, it's like a figure of speech when you call someone a fraud, you mean that they are dishonest which I think I showed why with regards to the issue of making a big point of not shaking a womens hand, he was.

Cloud is on the spectrum and often needs things spelt out in a very basic and literal way.


Polite request Badsnookerplayer: Can you please stop with the PMs? I'm starting get stalker vibes from you. You sent me load of them the last few months when I wasn't around and you've carried on now that I'm back. I don't want to have to report you to the mods.

Re: Rory McLeod - Fraud

Postby Badsnookerplayer

You got me there Cloud. Please forward to the admins asap and I will accept the punishment that they deem appropriate.

In the meantime I am very busy working on creating DDOS attacks - they are surprisingly time consuming.