Post a reply

Re: O'Sullivan's spat with Desi

Postby Wildey

Ronnie was feeling the heat he let the pressure get to him. yea, it was wrong of the stewards letting people in that door at that time but to tell desi to chil when there was only one person that needed to chil in that match and he ended up losing it.

Re: O'Sullivan's spat with Desi

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:Ronnie was feeling the heat he let the pressure get to him. yea, it was wrong of the stewards letting people in that door at that time but to tell desi to chil when there was only one person that needed to chil in that match and he ended up losing it.


This is nothing new with Ronnie. When he's not playing well he sometimes starts with these antics and starts noticing everything around him and everything becomes annoying for him.

Remember that match he played against Kyren Wilson a few years ago at the UK Champs? It was a very similar situation, he spent several minutes refusing to play until everyone sat down. The result? Same as this one, he lost.

Re: O'Sullivan's spat with Desi

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:Ronnie was feeling the heat he let the pressure get to him. yea, it was wrong of the stewards letting people in that door at that time but to tell desi to chil when there was only one person that needed to chil in that match and he ended up losing it.


The only person who can beat Ronnie is Ronnie himself, nobody else. This just proves it once again.

Re: O'Sullivan's spat with Desi

Postby Holden Chinaski

There have been many times when Ronnie lost the plot and got angry and he still won the match and the tournament. This incident had nothing to do with him losing that match. He wasn’t playing his A game and Bingham was. He lost a match, it happens.

Re: O'Sullivan's spat with Desi

Postby RunningSide

O'Sullivan playing well or not,he has little respect for authority. He has shown this behaviour through out his career, either on the table or talking about the game.if things had been resolved earlier in his life maybe he'd be a better person, to late now I'm afraid.

Re: O'Sullivan's spat with Desi

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:There have been many times when Ronnie lost the plot and got angry and he still won the match and the tournament. This incident had nothing to do with him losing that match. He wasn’t playing his A game and Bingham was. He lost a match, it happens.

It definitely had something to do with it.

Not that it made him lose the match but that it was a symptom of why he would lose the match. Andre’s right, it’s happened before.

I posted as soon as it started that it was concerning because I’d seen it before.

Re: O'Sullivan's spat with Desi

Postby Iranu

What’s interesting is that Willo started doing similar antics when he was in danger against Si, but because his antics were making the crowd laugh he got away with it and nobody seems to mind even though really it’s just as much gamesmanship.

Re: O'Sullivan's spat with Desi

Postby Holden Chinaski

Liek I said, there have been many incidents with Ronnie where he still ends up winning. I just think Bingham was the better player that day. Every time Ronnie loses a match threads like this happen. Sometimes Ronnie getting angry even has the opposite effect and makes him play better. This time there just wasn't enough fire in Ronnie. He was playing OK, but not great. Bingham was playing his very best. The door opening in Ronnie's eye line definitely wasn't good for him, but I think he lost just because Bingham was on fire and he was not.

Re: O'Sullivan's spat with Desi

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:What’s interesting is that Willo started doing similar antics when he was in danger against Si, but because his antics were making the crowd laugh he got away with it and nobody seems to mind even though really it’s just as much gamesmanship.

Ronnie is basically the only one who can't have a tantrum or can't even lose a match without people going crazy over it. Lots of players do stuff like that but nobody cares. But if it's Ronnie, people are all over it.

Re: O'Sullivan's spat with Desi

Postby Womble

Hendroid wrote:Did he really need to tell her to "chill" while patronisingly waving his hand at her in a "calm down, dear" kind of way? He really is a nasty bastard at times. I hope he apologised to her afterwards but somehow I doubt it.

I thought about what Len Ganley might have done in Desi's place. It made me smile. <laugh>

Re: O'Sullivan's spat with Desi

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:Ronnie was feeling the heat he let the pressure get to him. yea, it was wrong of the stewards letting people in that door at that time but to tell desi to chil when there was only one person that needed to chil in that match and he ended up losing it.


The only person who can beat Ronnie is Ronnie himself, nobody else. This just proves it once again.

No the reason he collapsed and wilted was because of the Pressure Stuart was putting him under Ronnie has got so used to players not performing against him when someone Putting it to him he can't handle it that's a weakness in Ronnie

Re: O'Sullivan's spat with Desi

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:Ronnie was feeling the heat he let the pressure get to him. yea, it was wrong of the stewards letting people in that door at that time but to tell desi to chil when there was only one person that needed to chil in that match and he ended up losing it.


The only person who can beat Ronnie is Ronnie himself, nobody else. This just proves it once again.

No the reason he collapsed and wilted was because of the Pressure Stuart was putting him under Ronnie has got so used to players not performing against him when someone Putting it to him he can't handle it that's a weakness in Ronnie

Complete bull. Ronnie has been put under pressure and came out on top lots of times. You know that, you’re just being salty.

Re: O'Sullivan's spat with Desi

Postby Dan-cat

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:Ronnie was feeling the heat he let the pressure get to him. yea, it was wrong of the stewards letting people in that door at that time but to tell desi to chil when there was only one person that needed to chil in that match and he ended up losing it.


The only person who can beat Ronnie is Ronnie himself, nobody else. This just proves it once again.

No the reason he collapsed and wilted was because of the Pressure Stuart was putting him under Ronnie has got so used to players not performing against him when someone Putting it to him he can't handle it that's a weakness in Ronnie

Complete bull. Ronnie has been put under pressure and came out on top lots of times. You know that, you’re just being salty.


You wrote what I was thinking. He just didn't have the form with him this Worlds

Re: O'Sullivan's spat with Desi

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:Ronnie was feeling the heat he let the pressure get to him. yea, it was wrong of the stewards letting people in that door at that time but to tell desi to chil when there was only one person that needed to chil in that match and he ended up losing it.


The only person who can beat Ronnie is Ronnie himself, nobody else. This just proves it once again.

No the reason he collapsed and wilted was because of the Pressure Stuart was putting him under Ronnie has got so used to players not performing against him when someone Putting it to him he can't handle it that's a weakness in Ronnie

Complete bull. Ronnie has been put under pressure and came out on top lots of times. You know that, you’re just being salty.

the evidence is there he has admitted himself sometime he struggles with pressure that doesent mean hes not a great player but he struggles with self confidence and that's a weakness players must learn to exploit.

Re: O'Sullivan's spat with Desi

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:the evidence is there he has admitted himself sometime he struggles with pressure that doesent mean hes not a great player but he struggles with self confidence and that's a weakness players must learn to exploit.

Significantly more than other top players? Are you sure it’s not just confirmation bias and you’re going off the perception of Ronnie as mentally fragile (which hasn’t really been true in over a decade)?

Doesn’t he have the highest deciding frame win percentage ever of players who’ve played a significant number of them?

You’re kind of feeding into Cloud’s bull take by suggesting that Ronnie loses because he can’t handle the pressure.

Re: O'Sullivan's spat with Desi

Postby mantorok

It's pretty obvious ROS wasn't really tuned in after the first round, opponents don't get to him, he does that himself when he feels he's not performing well. He had loads of chances and he blew alot of them, let's not pretend there's more to it than that.

Re: O'Sullivan's spat with Desi

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:the evidence is there he has admitted himself sometime he struggles with pressure that doesent mean hes not a great player but he struggles with self confidence and that's a weakness players must learn to exploit.

Significantly more than other top players? Are you sure it’s not just confirmation bias and you’re going off the perception of Ronnie as mentally fragile (which hasn’t really been true in over a decade)?

Doesn’t he have the highest deciding frame win percentage ever of players who’ve played a significant number of them?

You’re kind of feeding into Cloud’s bull take by suggesting that Ronnie loses because he can’t handle the pressure.

No its not biased its a observation over many years watching him play that is a weakness and sometimes it crops up now and again. players has him on such a pedestal that they can't see it and exploit it. The documentary showed up his weakness under pressure, always self doubting

He's Gone for a 8th title twice and wilted away twice Luca won from 10-6 down and the final session against Bingham was dreadful on all levels

Re: O'Sullivan's spat with Desi

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:the evidence is there he has admitted himself sometime he struggles with pressure that doesent mean hes not a great player but he struggles with self confidence and that's a weakness players must learn to exploit.

Significantly more than other top players? Are you sure it’s not just confirmation bias and you’re going off the perception of Ronnie as mentally fragile (which hasn’t really been true in over a decade)?

Doesn’t he have the highest deciding frame win percentage ever of players who’ve played a significant number of them?

You’re kind of feeding into Cloud’s bull take by suggesting that Ronnie loses because he can’t handle the pressure.

No its not biased its a observation over many years watching him play that is a weakness and sometimes it crops up now and again. players has him on such a pedestal that they can't see it and exploit it. The documentary showed up his weakness under pressure, always self doubting

He's Gone for a 8th title twice and wilted away twice Luca won from 10-6 down and the final session against Bingham was dreadful on all levels

He loses matches sometimes. It happens. Players such as Mark Selby have stood up to Ronnie many times and he has beaten them. He would not be able to win so many titles iif what you say is right. You’re just being salty and you know it. Bingham played his A game, he could beat anyone playing like that. Ronnie just wasnt good enough on that day. Under pressure, no player has proven himself as much as Ronnie. His titles prove that. He also has the best decider win percentage out of all the top players. Numbers don’t lie. What you have seen in the documentary is nothing new. He has always had mental issues.

Re: O'Sullivan's spat with Desi

Postby Holden Chinaski

Because he is always doubting himself is exactly the reason why Ronnie is the most succesful player ever. It is weird how we are talking about Ronnie, while we all ignore what Mark Selby has said about him doubting himself so much and feeling the pressure so much that he is even thinking about retiring. The Selby fans don’t even discuss this it seems.

Re: O'Sullivan's spat with Desi

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:Because he is always doubting himself is exactly the reason why Ronnie is the most succesful player ever. It is weird how we are talking about Ronnie, while we all ignore what Mark Selby has said about him doubting himself so much and feeling the pressure so much that he is even thinking about retiring. The Selby fans don’t even discuss this it seems.

Correct me if im Wrong but isnt this a thread about O'Sullivan cracking Up while having a spat with Desi

Didn't know i had to mention others as well on this thread.

Re: O'Sullivan's spat with Desi

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Because he is always doubting himself is exactly the reason why Ronnie is the most succesful player ever. It is weird how we are talking about Ronnie, while we all ignore what Mark Selby has said about him doubting himself so much and feeling the pressure so much that he is even thinking about retiring. The Selby fans don’t even discuss this it seems.

Correct me if im Wrong but isnt this a thread about O'Sullivan cracking Up while having a spat with Desi

Didn't know i had to mention others as well on this thread.

Yes there are always a million threads about Ronnie for some reason. And it seems you like to join in on the chat. When there's a thread about Selby saying he can't handle the pressure anymore, you don't seem that interested in joining the chat. In fact, it seems you have no opinion at all about Selby saying he has a mental block and he might retire. But if Ronnie farts, you're all over it. Bit weird.